World Championship Women's Qualifiers Nov 17 & 25

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: World Championship Women's Qualifiers Nov 17 & 25

Post by ChrisW »

devosteve wrote:
masticman wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:If the women don't support this en mass they don't deserve to have any progression in their tour both structurally and financially.
100% correct my friend
But we all know that you can count on 1 hand who has a chance of winning this. & imo only 1lady could hold there own against the men. & to be fair I think there will all struggle over a 5 set match. Best of 9 legs then mayb they might cause an upset. Has said before I think the turn out will be low. On the basis the lady’s won’t turn up knowing they have no chance. I wud say 30-40 at most.
If you end up bring correct then ladies darts is doomed re the pdc. What more would they want? Unseeded so lisa could draw deta in Rd 1. Free entry! Apart from travel costs what is there to lose? A Saturday afternoon!

But what is there to gain? A chance to go far. The experience of playing in a pdc run event. And a possibility that by attending they could be contributing to the development of ladies darts in the pdc.
Not sure I agree they are not setting up a tour here just trying to find the best players for the 2 spots.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Addicks Fan wrote:
devosteve wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Free entry what have you got to lose
The experience alone has got to be worth it. A bit of transport cost to see how the pdc run an event. I will be amazed if numbers are low (less than 50?).
You consider 50 ok for a World Championship qualifier?
The Nordic tour works off about 50 at each tour event.
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

el_ringo wrote:
masticman wrote: On the basis the lady’s won’t turn up knowing they have no chance. I wud say 30-40 at most.
There are probably around 700 ladies who play County Darts so anything less than a 100 must be considered a failure.

I suspect , as its more than possible, there are more than 1 or 2 ladies out there unknown who are capable of doing a female Rob Cross
Really u think a unknown lady will win the pdc world champs. And I think spurs will win the champions leauge the premier leauge & the FACup this year
And yes there mayb 700 lady’s playing county darts problem being is that 650 of them are throwing 10 to 15 aves every month think u call it making the numbers up
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

masticman wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
masticman wrote: On the basis the lady’s won’t turn up knowing they have no chance. I wud say 30-40 at most.
There are probably around 700 ladies who play County Darts so anything less than a 100 must be considered a failure.

I suspect , as its more than possible, there are more than 1 or 2 ladies out there unknown who are capable of doing a female Rob Cross
Really u think a unknown lady will win the pdc world champs. And I think spurs will win the champions leauge the premier leauge & the FACup this year
And yes there mayb 700 lady’s playing county darts problem being is that 650 of them are throwing 10 to 15 aves every month think u call it making the numbers up
Seems familiar then eh? :fishing
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Ginge wrote:
masticman wrote:
el_ringo wrote:

:DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

masticman wrote: Really u think a unknown lady will win the pdc world champs. And I think spurs will win the champions leauge the premier leauge & the FACup this year
No sorry I didn't mean it in that way of winning the world's I meant it as in a (almost completely) unknown lady could easily be out there who would walk through the qualifier or to put it in simplier terms the best lady dart players are not necessarily involved in any form with the BDO system.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

el_ringo wrote:
masticman wrote: Really u think a unknown lady will win the pdc world champs. And I think spurs will win the champions leauge the premier leauge & the FACup this year
No sorry I didn't mean it in that way of winning the world's I meant it as in a (almost completely) unknown lady could easily be out there who would walk through the qualifier or to put it in simplier terms the best lady dart players are not necessarily involved in any form with the BDO system.
Sorry but both scenarios are not happening.
teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

I wonder if all the big names will enter. Let's hope someone decent wins it.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Free entry?

If ladies don’t support this, why should BH even think about doing anything for ladies darts... its not deserved if that’s the case. They already have, in my opinion, 1 place more than deserved in the competition.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:
masticman wrote:
el_ringo wrote:

:DDD:
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Dannyboy wrote:Free entry?

If ladies don’t support this, why should BH even think about doing anything for ladies darts... its not deserved if that’s the case. They already have, in my opinion, 1 place more than deserved in the competition.
What's the odds that any that don't support it will be first in the queue to moan about the PDC only catering for 8 people and women's prize money being poor?

I'm sure those with their heads screwed on will be there. Why wouldn't they?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

markymark wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:Free entry?

What's the odds that any that don't support it will be first in the queue to moan about the PDC only catering for 8 people and women's prize money being poor?

I'm sure those with their heads screwed on will be there. Why wouldn't they?
Thought it was 2 places not 8. :IIII:
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: World Championship Women's Qualifiers Nov 17 & 25

Post by Ginge »

Bag Carrier wrote:Any women that does not give it a go would be crazy.
**cough**

Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Again.

Free entry for a chance to win £7500 (or more!). Outside of winning Lakeside that has to be the biggest prize in ladies darts.

Why would anyone NOT give it a go. Especially someone with a decent chance of winning?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paul clearly doesn't want to upset his new bestest mate and so has got on his knees at home and had to plead to her not to do it :D
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:Paul clearly doesn't want to upset his new bestest mate and so has got on his knees at home and had to plead to her not to do it :D
Be funny if those attending were banned and next year's ladies events were just Paula v Deta.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Being banned for just entering it would be moronic.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

So much interest and debate by members who have always dispised woman's darts..... :DDD:
Last edited by Paddy McGinty on Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So much what?
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

I did laugh at someone complaining at the pdc for clashing it with an event

An event for next season when this seasons world championship hasn’t even been announced yet