Re: 2018 WSOD

Post by DavidB »

Did MvG win this?? :grin:
silverfern82
Feather Flights

Post by silverfern82 »

oops
Last edited by silverfern82 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

silverfern82 wrote:On the subject of wsod, with the rumours that Rob Denny CEO of Dartplayers Australia is going to be 'moved on' by the PDC after this years WSoD, who do you guys reckon would be best placed to run darts down under? My guess is they will get someone in like Paul Nicholson because he is great with the media and has right integrity. Who would you pick?
Haven't you already started a thread with this exact post and question as the subject?
It was boring enough the first time, FFS!
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

TIM PUSEY believes he will benefit from the experience of his TV debut as he prepares for the Melbourne Darts Masters.

The 25-year-old from Perth made his first appearance on the big stage in last weekend's Auckland Darts Masters, having qualified through his form on the DartPlayers Australia circuit in 2018.

He initially fell into a 3-0 deficit against Gary Anderson before taking out finishes of 119 and 100 in hitting back, but lost out 6-3 to the World Matchplay.

Pusey will compete in this week's Melbourne Darts Masters and also at the inaugural Brisbane Darts Masters from August 17-19, and is hoping to use his Auckland experience to upset some of the sport's biggest names.

"I was really nervous, I got comfortable after the third leg," reflected Pusey, speaking to the DPA.

"I couldn't hear the crowd when I was playing, it was good. 

"It was fine once I got comfortable, so next time I will be able to do that from the first leg. I should be better."

The World Series tour continues with the Melbourne Darts Masters this weekend (August 10-12) at the Hisense Arena. For tickets, visit www.ticketek.com.au.

The Brisbane Darts Masters will be held from August 17-19 at the BCEC. For tickets, visit www.ticketek.com.au.

Melbourne Darts Masters
August 10-12, Hisense Arena, Melbourne, Australia
Competing Players
PDC Representatives: Michael van Gerwen, Peter Wright, Rob Cross, Gary Anderson, Simon Whitlock, Kyle Anderson, Michael Smith, Raymond van Barneveld
Oceanic Representatives: Corey Cadby, Tim Pusey, Raymond Smith, Haupai Puha, Damon Heta, Mike Bonser, Ray O'Donnell, James Bailey

Brisbane Darts Masters
August 17-19, BCEC, Brisbane, Australia
Competing Players
PDC Representatives: Michael van Gerwen, Peter Wright, Rob Cross, Gary Anderson, Simon Whitlock, Kyle Anderson, Michael Smith, Raymond van Barneveld
Oceanic Representatives: Corey Cadby, Tim Pusey, Raymond Smith, Mark Cleaver, Damon Heta, Gordon Mathers, Barry Gardner, Justin Thompson

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

COREY CADBY is aiming to make up for lost time as he makes his return to action at the Melbourne Darts Masters on Friday.

Cadby has been based back in Australia since reaching the Coral UK Open final in March, having won his PDC Tour Card and claimed a UK Open Qualifier in an explosive start to the year.

Having returned to Australia to marry partner Breana, Cadby has also been limited to competing on the DPA's domestic circuit whilst a UK Visa application is processed.

However, Cadby will be competing on home soil at the Hisense Arena this weekend and will also take part in next week's inaugural Brisbane Darts Masters.

The former World Youth Champion is now aiming to use the World Series of Darts double-header in Australia as a chance to relaunch his exciting career.

"I can't wait for the darts in Melbourne to start, as I have lost time to make up," said Cadby, a finalist in the 2017 Auckland Darts Masters.

"I showed in a short space of time that I can compete at the top level and just can't wait to get started once more."

Cadby has won six DPA Australian ProTour titles during his time back in Australia, but added: "It's not been easy just not knowing what is going on, as all the paperwork is in then you don't get told anything.

"The plus point is that I have had my amazing family around me. I got married to my beautiful wife, which was a moment that I will never forget."

The World Series tour continues with the Melbourne Darts Masters this weekend (August 10-12) at the Hisense Arena. For tickets, visit www.ticketek.com.au.

The Brisbane Darts Masters will be held from August 17-19 at the BCEC. For tickets, visit www.ticketek.com.au.

Melbourne Darts Masters
August 10-12, Hisense Arena, Melbourne, Australia
Competing Players
Oceanic Representatives: Corey Cadby, Tim Pusey, Raymond Smith, Haupai Puha, Damon Heta, Mike Bonser, Ray O'Donnell, James Bailey

Brisbane Darts Masters
August 17-19, BCEC, Brisbane, Australia
Competing Players
Oceanic Representatives: Corey Cadby, Tim Pusey, Raymond Smith, Mark Cleaver, Damon Heta, Gordon Mathers, Barry Gardner, Justin Thompson

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

AUSTRALIAN rivals Simon Whitlock and Corey Cadby will clash in the Melbourne Darts Masters first round on Friday, as Michael van Gerwen meets debutant Raymond Smith at the Hisense Arena.

The PDC World Series of Darts returns to Australia following last week's Auckland Darts Masters as 16 players compete in Melbourne from August 10-12.

The first round's stand-out tie will see the most successful Australian star in darting history, former European Championship winner Whitlock, taking on former World Youth Champion Cadby.

Melbourne-based Cadby, the UK Open runner-up in March, reached the 2017 Auckland Darts Masters final and is returning to action on the big stage for the first time in five months.

The tournament's other seeded Australian, former Auckland Darts Masters champion Kyle Anderson, has drawn his former schoolmate in Perth, Damon Heta.

Michael van Gerwen, whose win in the Auckland Darts Masters last weekend earned him the top seeding in Melbourne, has drawn Brisbane's Raymond Smith, who is making his TV debut.

World Champion Rob Cross takes on DartPlayers New Zealand qualifier Haupai Puha, who make his big-stage debut in Auckland alongside Tim Pusey, who has drawn Michael Smith.

2018 UK Open and World Matchplay winner Gary Anderson comes up against Brisbane-based qualifier James Bailey, while fellow World Series debutants Mike Bonser and Raymond O'Donnell draw Peter Wright and Raymond van Barneveld respectively.

Following Friday's first round of the Melbourne Darts Masters, the tournament continues across the weekend at the Hisense Arena, with the quarter-finals on Saturday followed by the semi-finals and final on Sunday.

With 2017 champion Phil Taylor - who won the inaugural title in Melbourne with a defeat of Wright in the final - having retired, a new name will be on the trophy on Sunday night.

Following the Melbourne Darts Masters, the Australian double-header sees the World Series of Darts head to Queensland for the first Brisbane Darts Masters from August 17-19.

Tickets for the Melbourne Darts Masters and Brisbane Darts Masters are available from ticketek.com.au.

The Melbourne Darts Masters will be broadcast live on Fox Sports in Australia and through the PDC's international broadcast partners, as well as through PDCTV-HD for Rest of the World Subscribers.

UK coverage through ITV4 will be from 7pm on each night.

2018 Melbourne Darts Masters
Draw Bracket
(1) Michael van Gerwen v Raymond Smith
Simon Whitlock v Corey Cadby
(4) Peter Wright v Mike Bonser
Raymond van Barneveld v Raymond O'Donnell
(2) Rob Cross v Haupai Puha
Michael Smith v Tim Pusey
(3) Gary Anderson v James Bailey
Kyle Anderson v Damon Heta

Schedule of Play
Friday August 10 (7pm)
First Round
Raymond van Barneveld v Ray O’Donnell
Rob Cross v Haupai Puha
Gary Anderson v James Bailey
Peter Wright v Mike Bonser
Michael van Gerwen v Raymond Smith

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Tickets for the Melbourne Darts Masters are available from ticketek.com.au.

The Melbourne Darts Masters will be broadcast live on Fox Sports in Australia and through the PDC's international broadcast partners, as well as through PDCTV-HD for Rest of the World Subscribers.

UK coverage through ITV4 will be from 7pm on each night.

2018 Melbourne Darts Masters
Draw Bracket
(1) Michael van Gerwen v Raymond Smith
(4) Peter Wright v Mike Bonser
Raymond van Barneveld v Raymond O'Donnell
(2) Rob Cross v Haupai Puha
(3) Gary Anderson v James Bailey

Schedule of Play
Friday August 10 (7pm)
First Round
Raymond van Barneveld v Ray O’Donnell
Rob Cross v Haupai Puha
Gary Anderson v James Bailey
Peter Wright v Mike Bonser
Michael van Gerwen v Raymond Smith
Best of 11 legs

Saturday August 11 (7pm)
Quarter-Finals
Best of 19 legs

Sunday August 12 (7pm)
Semi-Finals
Best of 19 legs

Final
Best of 21 legs

Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Cadby playing a little faster, lost a bit of weight as well.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Case wrote:Cadby playing a little faster, lost a bit of weight as well.
Talking about weight, bonser was a massive guy!

Watched it tonight without knowing the scores (and popping over to BBC for the euro championships).

Cadby A bit disappointing. Pity only one non seed got through.

mvg was superb. 6 out of 8 on doubles. And 1 miss was hitting 25 when going for bull for a 170.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Have just finished watching the delayed coverage.

Thought MVG and Ando were impressive, and Snakebite great on his doubles.

teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

Kyle Anderson isn't really having his best year, is he? His throwing style looks really ragged right now.
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

teddybreak wrote:Kyle Anderson isn't really having his best year, is he? His throwing style looks really ragged right now.
Another 1 who has changed his darts. Can’t understand this guys trying to fix something that’s not broken
gm180
Pub Champion

Post by gm180 »

masticman wrote:
teddybreak wrote:Kyle Anderson isn't really having his best year, is he? His throwing style looks really ragged right now.
Another 1 who has changed his darts. Can’t understand this guys trying to fix something that’s not broken
Just out of curiosity do the players get a a percentage from every set of darts they sell?
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

What a reception for the Wizard from the Melbourne crowd, raucous and the smile on Simon's face throughout the walk-on was what the game is all about.

Really took it to MVG there, won 5 straight legs to lead 8-4 with checkouts of 68, 120, 152 & 170 but you always knew van Gerwen would fight back, and Simon couldn't continue to hit the amazing checkouts despite keeping up with the world number one on the scoring front. Will be disappointed he missed clutch doubles in a couple of legs there, but a tremendous fight against a machine. Would have beaten any other player there.

Another good tournament for the Wizard, onto Brisbane next week, where hopefully he won't be in Cadby or MVG's quarter!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Well that's a long winded way of saying "Whitlock shat himself", I guess.
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Just finished watching on Sky+.

Great night of Darts.

Bullyboy was brilliant in coming back from big deficits twice, whilst Snakebite very dominant against Barney.

Ando didn't need to get out of 3rd gear, and Whitlock threw away a great opportunity to beat MVG.

Michael looking vulnerable again when he is put under pressure and have to say a bet on the field against him at the Grand Prix is looking like a pretty decent punt.

WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

Ginge wrote:Well that's a long winded way of saying "Whitlock shat himself", I guess.
How ignorant, probably didn't even watch the game. Maybe got nervous, as van Gerwen was also during the game. No need for the obscene language. Great to see Simon put together a performance like this, having a superb summer.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

WizardofozFan wrote:
Ginge wrote:Well that's a long winded way of saying "Whitlock shat himself", I guess.
How ignorant, probably didn't even watch the game. Maybe got nervous, as van Gerwen was also during the game. No need for the obscene language. Great to see Simon put together a performance like this, having a superb summer.
Have you ever met your pin-up?
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: 2018 WSOD

Post by Ginge »

WizardofozFan wrote:
So Whitlock shitting himself is a "great performance"?

Odd.
Big Jock Knew
WizardofozFan
County Player

Re: RE: Re: 2018 WSOD

Post by WizardofozFan »

Ginge wrote:
WizardofozFan wrote:
So Whitlock shitting himself is a "great performance"?

Odd.
The fact he led 8-4 over a guy averaging 10pts more than him with gigantic checkouts of 120, 152 & 170 under pressure in front of his home fans was remarkable, also kicking off two of the latter legs with four 180s was so impressive. Missed a few at the end which van Gerwen of course punished. He didn't shit himself, he missed, just like van Gerwen did in the middle part of the match.

Did MVG "shit himself" as you disgustingly put it today against Snakebite then? Ridiculous.