The Jacklins have done it

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: The Jacklins have done it

Post by nikkiboy »

Sounds to me like rather than put money in the BDO have guaranteed the category of the tournament regardless of entry numbers thus making it still worth traveling for those already booked.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The Jacklins have done it

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:Sounds to me like rather than put money in the BDO have guaranteed the category of the tournament regardless of entry numbers thus making it still worth traveling for those already booked.
Entry numbers don't dictate the category, it's all down to the money available....

As an aside this document states the weekend was going to have an A+ and a B, now it only has an A:

http://www.bdodarts.com/images/bdo-cont ... -alpha.pdf
Big Jock Knew
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Sunday’s BDO AGM saw current Lincolnshire County Chairman and Players Director, Derek Jacklin edge out Roger Schena in the bid to become the next BDO Chairman, following the decision by Sue Williams to stand down after six years in the role.
In a shake-up to its current leadership team, Mrs Williams moves into the position of Financial Director, whilst Colin McClements and Martyn Moore join the board as Tournament Director and Merchandising Director respectively. John Smith remains on as the Rankings and Database Director.
Mr Jacklin’s frank and open analysis of the BDO’s current situation and his outline of how he can bring about positive changes to the company saw him claim the majority. His plans include the establishment of a more dedicated Youth Programme, the implementation of processes and schemes to alleviate the increasing financial burdens faced by many member counties and to revitalise the professional game, with improved channels of communication, new investment and sponsorship opportunities.
With a select team of individuals already lined up to assist Mr Jacklin in achieving his objectives, including the addition of dedicated Men’s and Ladies Executive Directors and a Vice Chairman, Mr Jacklin does not plan on wasting any time rolling out his plan.
After being in the role for less than 24 hours, Mr Jacklin and his board were faced with the cancellation of the Vizacaya Open, due to be played at the end of August. Following extensive talks between Mr Jacklin and the Spanish Darts Federation, it was agreed that a revised version of the tournament would still take place, with the BDO’s assistance, to ‘protect the players that had already booked’.
After such a positive start, there is a revived air of optimism within the organisation, and although there is a long road ahead, there is now a clear pathway to further develop the BDO product and encourage future financial sustainability.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

The Jolly Man wrote:Sunday’s BDO AGM saw current Lincolnshire County Chairman and Players Director, Derek Jacklin edge out Roger Schena in the bid to become the next BDO Chairman, following the decision by Sue Williams to stand down after six years in the role.
In a shake-up to its current leadership team, Mrs Williams moves into the position of Financial Director, whilst Colin McClements and Martyn Moore join the board as Tournament Director and Merchandising Director respectively. John Smith remains on as the Rankings and Database Director.
Mr Jacklin’s frank and open analysis of the BDO’s current situation and his outline of how he can bring about positive changes to the company saw him claim the majority. His plans include the establishment of a more dedicated Youth Programme, the implementation of processes and schemes to alleviate the increasing financial burdens faced by many member counties and to revitalise the professional game, with improved channels of communication, new investment and sponsorship opportunities.
With a select team of individuals already lined up to assist Mr Jacklin in achieving his objectives, including the addition of dedicated Men’s and Ladies Executive Directors and a Vice Chairman, Mr Jacklin does not plan on wasting any time rolling out his plan.
After being in the role for less than 24 hours, Mr Jacklin and his board were faced with the cancellation of the Vizacaya Open, due to be played at the end of August. Following extensive talks between Mr Jacklin and the Spanish Darts Federation, it was agreed that a revised version of the tournament would still take place, with the BDO’s assistance, to ‘protect the players that had already booked’.
After such a positive start, there is a revived air of optimism within the organisation, and although there is a long road ahead, there is now a clear pathway to further develop the BDO product and encourage future financial sustainability.

:DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

You know, and I know, the professional game has already been "revitalised" elsewhere. Why cater for a small group of loyalists rather than improve life for the rank and file?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Oh dear....

Jess W. @_Jess_Ware 17h
@scottydogdart any idea what’s going on with Lakeside? No update on website about tickets and not even listed as an event on the Lakeside website #bdodarts #lakeside2019

Scott Mitchell @scottydogdart
Wish I had some news for you but currently there’s nothing I can tell you.

Jess W. @_Jess_Ware 5h
Aw no this doesn’t sound hopeful ️ thought the @BDOdarts would at least give the fans the decency of announcing if it’s going ahead or not

Scott Mitchell @scottydogdart 5h
You’d thought decency to let players know too !!!!
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:Oh dear....

Jess W. @_Jess_Ware 17h
@scottydogdart any idea what’s going on with Lakeside? No update on website about tickets and not even listed as an event on the Lakeside website #bdodarts #lakeside2019

Jess W. @_Jess_Ware 5h
Aw no this doesn’t sound hopeful Image️ thought the @BDOdarts would at least give the fans the decency of announcing if it’s going ahead or not

You missed out the

#tractorweekly #thepope #mollysugden #emmerdale #deswillfixit #kebabvan
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

It's why having a joint account on Facebook for the Chairman and his player-wife doesn't work when promoting Torromelinos and Turkey (and why would they be so gung-ho about Turkey without making money from it, and there's nothing wrong with that) and yet they stay silent on the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I see Derek Acorah is on at Lakeside in February. Maybe he can predict when tickets will go on sale.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I wonder if a Welsh ballet version of a pantomime will outsell Derek.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Jess W. @_Jess_Ware 17h

Jess W. @_Jess_Ware 5h
Aw no this doesn’t sound hopeful Image️ thought the @BDOdarts would at least give the fans the decency of announcing if it’s going ahead or not

Even Adams doesn't know...

Martin Adams @wolfiedarts
Unfortunately there is no news on the 2019 Lakeside. I hope the new BDO Chairman will have some news for us soon.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:

Jess W. @_Jess_Ware 17h

Jess W. @_Jess_Ware 5h

Unfortunately there is no news on the 2019 Lakeside. I hope the new BDO Chairman will have some news for us soon.
No, no, no!! He saved a comp in Spain with 9 entries in the ladies comp (one of which just by a massive coincidence happened to be his wife). That's much more important than making sure that the flagship BDO event is actually taking place.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

To be fair I'm not surprised Adams doesn't know, given he won't be qualifying by right for it and probably won't get through the last chance qualifier either.

Will still be sat in the players bar all week though, in his darts shirt. Again.
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Ginge wrote:To be fair I'm not surprised Adams doesn't know, given he won't be qualifying by right for it and probably won't get through the last chance qualifier either.

Will still be sat in the players bar all week though, in his darts shirt. Again.

Didn't gary Robson lose first day and spend the next week day and night in the players bar ?
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Ginge wrote:To be fair I'm not surprised Adams doesn't know, given he won't be qualifying by right for it and probably won't get through the last chance qualifier either.

Didn't gary Robson lose first day and spend the next week day and night in the players bar ?
I believe he did.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

It's for the selfies don't you know ;)
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

:roll:
Ginge wrote:

Jess W. @_Jess_Ware 17h

Jess W. @_Jess_Ware 5h

Doesn’t sound good at all. The news surrounding Winmau won’t have helped and Potter obviously isn’t willing to stump any cash at the moment. Sadly without prize funds etc tv may stay away. It’s a horrible mess and what to do with the women who go to the PDC qualifier may be the least of their problems currently.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

The Jolly Man wrote::roll:
Ginge wrote:

Jess W. @_Jess_Ware 17h

Jess W. @_Jess_Ware 5h

Doesn’t sound good at all. The news surrounding Winmau won’t have helped and Potter obviously isn’t willing to stump any cash at the moment. Sadly without prize funds etc tv may stay away. It’s a horrible mess and what to do with the women who go to the PDC qualifier may be the least of their problems currently.
But it’ll be treated as their biggest problem.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Dannyboy wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote::roll:
Ginge wrote:

Jess W. @_Jess_Ware 17h

Jess W. @_Jess_Ware 5h

But it’ll be treated as their biggest problem.
its a tricky situation for them, they would love I'm sure to come out with some strongly worded statement about the Women but they are buggered until they actually tell the women what is going on with Lakeside.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Fair point Skewy, as it stands there is no event to actually ban them from!
Big Jock Knew