Where do you see the BDO in a years time?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Where do you see the BDO in a years time?

Post by MancheStar »

Where do you see the BDO in a years time? With uncertainty over venues, tv, lady players getting banned if they qualify for pdc worlds, new board etc etc.
bukowski
Steady Sixties

Re: Where do you see the BDO in a years time?

Post by bukowski »

RIP in two years
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

same as it is now, scrabbling to get its so called majors on TV while the top players continue to go to PDC and the Members do nothing as long as the BICC trundles on.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

In 2 years?

No longer here in their current form

Either the bicc will be the main company and they will cover the counties or it will be pushed back to each country organisation

Opens in the uk will come under England darts and they will have their own final tournament.

Challenge tour will expand to have a ladies tour on the same weekend. with the pdc taking on a few of the holiday park weekends to have a big darts weekend, like challenge ladies youth and pro tour all weekend.

Dutch will finally make the vote to join the pdc, pdc will offer their players tour cards for the best players and the Dutch will become a big euro tour event open to everyone

USA will make the same deal as the Asia tour and create a full pdc affiliated North American tour

Darts becomes as unified as it willl ever be
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Where do you see the BDO in a years time?

Post by Skewball »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:In 2 years?

Either the bicc will be the main company and they will cover the counties or it will be pushed back to each country organisation

Opens in the uk will come under England darts and they will have their own final tournament.

Challenge tour will expand to have a ladies tour on the same weekend. with the pdc taking on a few of the holiday park weekends to have a big darts weekend, like challenge ladies youth and pro tour all weekend.

Dutch will finally make the vote to join the pdc, pdc will offer their players tour cards for the best players and the Dutch will become a big euro tour event open to everyone

USA will make the same deal as the Asia tour and create a full pdc affiliated North American tour

Well thought out and I quite agree as an end position. Sadly I think it will be 4 or 5 years, this new board will try for a few years to keep it going in it's current guise. Waste of time of course.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Skewball wrote:

Well thought out and I quite agree as an end position. Sadly I think it will be 4 or 5 years, this new board will try for a few years to keep it going in it's current guise. Waste of time of course.
It depends how quickly they can find a sponsor or tv

If they try and do lakeside with no sponsor and no tv they will be blowing £300k-400k down the drain on one event with no return. Once they do that it’s all over.

The only way they stagger on for 3 or 4 more years is if they pull something out of the hat for the worlds or the other countries involved in the wdf (or just the Dutch) pledge to support the bdo 100%

If the Dutch finally vote to join the pdc then it’s their biggest darting Ally jumping ship on top of their biggest sponsor
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

If Lakeside goes ahead at Lakeside, with no sponsor, are the BDO stupid enough to let Potter keep all the gate receipts?

Surely not. How much would, let say, half the gate receipts contribute towards the pot?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Skewball wrote:

If they try and do lakeside with no sponsor and no tv they will be blowing £300k-400k down the drain on one event with no return. Once they do that it’s all over.

The only way they stagger on for 3 or 4 more years is if they pull something out of the hat for the worlds or the other countries involved in the wdf (or just the Dutch) pledge to support the bdo 100%

If the Dutch finally vote to join the pdc then it’s their biggest darting Ally jumping ship on top of their biggest sponsor
How do you see the' 'Dutch' joining the PDC?
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ChrisW wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Skewball wrote:

They had a vote to consider affiliating with the PDC did they not? they are also in a complete mess at the minute after the board fell apart.

If they was to turn their back on the WDF and became an affiliate of the PDC with their own local tour then they would be a massive coup for the PDC.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Skewball wrote:

They had a vote to consider affiliating with the PDC did they not? they are also in a complete mess at the minute after the board fell apart.

If they was to turn their back on the WDF and became an affiliate of the PDC with their own local tour then they would be a massive coup for the PDC.
I just don't see it happening in the way you think.
I could see them doing the affiliate thing. But to drop the entry of Dutch players into WDF events I can't see.
This seems to be a lot of where their main efforts go. Supporting the youth, and the adult teams in various events. (World, Europe, Youth events etc.)
The Dutch Open which is their flagship event. I couldn't see them letting go of this.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ChrisW wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Skewball wrote:Well thought out and I quite agree as an end position. Sadly I think it will be 4 or 5 years, this new board will try for a few years to keep it going in it's current guise. Waste of time of course.

I just don't see it happening in the way you think.
I could see them doing the affiliate thing. But to drop the entry of Dutch players into WDF events I can't see.
This seems to be a lot of where their main efforts go. Supporting the youth, and the adult teams in various events. (World, Europe, Youth events etc.)
The Dutch Open which is their flagship event. I couldn't see them letting go of this.
IF the PDC offered them complete self control in terms of everything that went on in the Netherlands, Tour card places for the top players on their tour, incentives for their youth players then what are they really losing in terms of being with the PDC over the WDF.

Entry to WDF events - Would only seriously effect english tournaments

Entry to team events - Could be a major sticking point.

The pros though, the PDC could turn the Dutch open into a massive euro tour event, make it the opening tournament of the year open to any PDC member or European affiliated member, get it on TV and make a big deal of it. Numbers would be down but the exposure and income would be as good if not better.

The top dutch players come back under the NBD. MVG and Barney become marketable faces for them.

Their tour could have serious meaning with places to the worlds, PDC youths and tour cards.

Same with the Finders (if its NBD owned) if the PDC turned that into a dutch leg of the WSOD the exposure of the tournament could go up 10 fold.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Finders is not run through the NDB.
DartsMadJohn
Steady Sixties

Post by DartsMadJohn »

Do the NDB run something like the BDO inter-county system? Because if so, you could potentially turn the Dutch Open into a UK Open-style event where each province of Holland sends a number of qualifiers to play the seeded PDC players, either through domestic tournaments or by using the earliest rounds of the Dutch Open to sort players into their regional groupings so Boards 1,2, 3 are for Amsterdam-based players,4 & 5 for Rotterdam and so on...
Dazzla501
Steady Sixties

Post by Dazzla501 »

Still going as it is but a slow and painful death all the while the BDO keeps insisting it has a commercially viable ‘top end’.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Ticking along nicely, as ever.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

where do we SEE the bdo in a years time ?

Chances are we wont be seeing them at all,
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paul Phillips @Pphillips2209 22h
How can the BDO hold their world championships WITHOUT a tv deal in place? If not will @Duzza180 start to regret his “I’m BDO for life” comments??

Glen Durrant @Duzza180 3h
No regrets in life Paul. Wrong decisions maybe, regrets no
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

If Duzza get's the hatrick I think he will move on.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ChrisW wrote:If Duzza get's the hatrick I think he will move on.
Me thinks he will move on no matter what

Can say he has no regrets on his decision to stay but that doesn’t mean he can’t change his mind
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Where do you see the BDO in a years time?

Post by Skewball »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ChrisW wrote:If Duzza get's the hatrick I think he will move on.
Me thinks he will move on no matter what

Can say he has no regrets on his decision to stay but that doesn’t mean he can’t change his mind
Yeah, it's not too late for him , he needs to move otherwise despite what he says he will have regrets imho