Is the new BDO social media activity a good sign?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Is the new BDO social media activity a good sign?

Post by ChrisW »

So The BDO are seemingly making a concerted effort to change how all tour events are covered.
A good sign for the coming period or not.

I for one think this kind of coverage shouldn't be done by the BDO but by the event organiser.
The BDO should just provide highlights and retweet stuff.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: Is the new BDO social media activity a good sign?

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

you would think if they are going to tweet they at least correct their mistakes.
they posted how Dennis Ovens was a 2 time uk open semi finalist.

first off its Denis not Dennis, and he is not a 2 time but a 3 time uk open semi finalist
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Garry Murphy wrote:you would think if they are going to tweet they at least correct their mistakes.

first off its Denis not Dennis, and he is not a 2 time but a 3 time uk open semi finalist
Think the poster known as Garry Murphy has made a valid point in regard to the poor grammar in the tweet he refers to. ;-)

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Has to be sustained. Several times previously things change, they ‘hire’ someone, things change on the short term then revert to the same old. All is in vain if Lakeside doesn’t remain on a main tv channel
Little Lonely Garry
International

ssjsa wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:you would think if they are going to tweet they at least correct their mistakes.

Think the poster known as Garry Murphy has made a valid point in regard to the poor grammar in the tweet he refers to. ;-)

If you are going to falsely advertise the stale product using terms as "World Professional Darts" you would expect some basic English.
Look at the very first message the current BDO chairman posted after the AGM, how he was the "bew" chiaman of the bdo.

Its one thing for me to be lazy and not bothered on my blog but when you are trying to hoodwink people into thinking the product is something of note , then the most basic mistakes should not be happening.
It seems like some pisshead at a comp is just lashing out anything solely because numerous people like Burton de Witt, myself and others mentioned their lack of tweeting without even checking grammar.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Gazmong having a moan
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

oche balboa wrote:Gazmong having a moan
And finally admitting his blog is full of shit :)
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Garry Murphy wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

If you are going to falsely advertise the stale product using terms as "World Professional Darts" you would expect some basic English.
Look at the very first message the current BDO chairman posted after the AGM, how he was the "bew" chiaman of the bdo.

Its one thing for me to be lazy and not bothered on my blog but when you are trying to hoodwink people into thinking the product is something of note , then the most basic mistakes should not be happening.
It seems like some pisshead at a comp is just lashing out anything solely because numerous people like Burton de Witt, myself and others mentioned their lack of tweeting without even checking grammar.
Perhaps you should look at your own grammar and spelling on your blog and forum posts before slating others eh!!
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

eh!!

Of course it’s a good thing.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Yes?
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

It's great until the moment someone who knows the password has been slighted by someone else within the BDO and then uses the accounts to post all the malicious details and other dirty laundry up.

Why they are trying to do it manually amuses me surely must be a simple task to automate it from Darts For Windows so it just posts as results are known ?

I lost track of all the positions in the recent Night of the long Jacklins do they actually have an IT person onboard ?
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

meanwhile in pedantic corner if ovens is a 3 times uk semi finalist (for this is true) then he must certainly have been a 2 times uk open semi finalist as well anyway im off up the amazon !!! ta ta
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

only85 wrote:meanwhile in pedantic corner if ovens is a 3 times uk semi finalist (for this is true) then he must certainly have been a 2 times uk open semi finalist as well anyway im off up the amazon !!! ta ta
Thats a ridiculous defence :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

el_ringo wrote:It's great until the moment someone who knows the password has been slighted by someone else within the BDO and then uses the accounts to post all the malicious details and other dirty laundry up.

Why they are trying to do it manually amuses me surely must be a simple task to automate it from Darts For Windows so it just posts as results are known ?

I lost track of all the positions in the recent Night of the long Jacklins do they actually have an IT person onboard ?
You’re embarrassing yourself, mate.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
only85 wrote:meanwhile in pedantic corner if ovens is a 3 times uk semi finalist (for this is true) then he must certainly have been a 2 times uk open semi finalist as well anyway im off up the amazon !!! ta ta
2012 doesn't count as it was a leap year.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Little Lonely Garry
International

Ginge wrote:
he will tell us next taylor is a one time world champion
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

This thread is a great example of how positive changes in the BDO are viewed by the majority on here..........says it all really.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Paddy McGinty wrote:This thread is a great example of how positive changes in the BDO are viewed by the majority on here..........says it all really.
By "positive change" do you mean that someone over at BDO Towers has finally worked out which end of Twitter is which?
And that this "positive change" is being viewed as marginally less interesting than a pointless discussion about the level of UK Open success enjoyed by Denis Ovens?

Think you could be right there. It speaks volumes.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:This thread is a great example of how positive changes in the BDO are viewed by the majority on here..........says it all really.
By "positive change" do you mean that someone over at BDO Towers has finally worked out which end of Twitter is which?
And that this "positive change" is being viewed as marginally less interesting than a pointless discussion about the level of UK Open success enjoyed by Denis Ovens?

Think you could be right there. It speaks volumes.
It speaks volumes that BDO Fanatics think the BDO should be getting universal congratulations for doing something that they should have been doing five years ago.
Won't somebody please think of those poor carrier pigeons who are now out of a job and what about the three rolls of thermal fax paper Sue has in the stationery cupboard?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

All we now is for the BDO Fanzone to oficially launch, about two years after it started :D
Big Jock Knew