2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
devosteve
International

Re: Twitter Watch

Post by devosteve »

ssjsa wrote:Pieter has just posted this on Twitter.

https://dartsnews.com/breaking-mcdine-b ... caine-use/
2 yr ban! Is it just me, but that seems quite a harsh punishment.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ChrisW
International

Kevin McDine

Post by ChrisW »

In a breaking announcement, Kevin McDine a former Grand Slam semi-finalist and World Matchplay quarter-finalist has been banned from the sport for two years it has been revealed.
McDine also known as SupaMc showed presence of a form of cocaine in a in-competition test; during the PDC World Championship qualifier last November.

The test was carried out by UKAD on behalf of the Darts Regulatory Authority/DRA.

The ban despite being only just being announced was back dated to November 27th 2017; meaning on November 26th in 2019 he can play again.

According to UKAD, the Wallesend native admitted his “use of cocaine was out-of-competition in a context unrelated to sports performance”.

As a result, he does not plan on appealing the sentence given by UKAD and will take the ban as a result.
ChrisW
International

Re: Kevin McDine

Post by ChrisW »

Didn't Oche call this a while back.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ChrisW wrote:Didn't Oche call this a while back.
Suffice to say, whilst it has only now been announced, it has been commonly known for a while.

daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

phil davies wrote:I have to agree that two year bans for drug use seem harsh to me surely a one year ban would suffice. They should also advise counciling to any player caught.
Indefinite bans have been dished out for a lot less than drug use!!
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

daveboygreen wrote:
phil davies wrote:I have to agree that two year bans for drug use seem harsh to me surely a one year ban would suffice. They should also advise counciling to any player caught.
I guess that depends on what you consider to be a lot less.

Mr Orange
Brass Darts

Post by Mr Orange »

ssjsa wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
Wishing cancer on the tournament director.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Mr Orange wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
Nope. For me that would be much worse than taking recreational drugs.

daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

ssjsa wrote:
Mr Orange wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
Well if yourself or Mr Orange would like to have a chat about it at the df meet up then I am sure I could spare some of my valuable time to discuss it with either of you
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

daveboygreen wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Mr Orange wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
Well if yourself or Mr Orange would like to have a chat about it at the df meet up then I am sure I could spare some of my valuable time to discuss it with either of you
Where do I start in responding to this post?

Firstly it was you that brought up the subject of indefinite bans being issued for less than recreational drugs use, and I presumed you were referring to the one issued to yourself. For the benefit of those members who are unaware of the circumstances behind this I have taken the liberty of posting below the statement from Tommy Cox explaining the rationale behind that action.

Player Sponsor Member

Contact spaceman70

Re: Well well well........

Postby spaceman70 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Here is a statement......

I have been alerted to the fact that Mr David Green has seen fit to post a private email from me to him on this public forum and add his comments as to what happened at the GSOD qualifier at Crawley.

As ever, there are two sides to every story and due to the interest and opinions expressed I feel justified in replying to Mr Green's assertions using the same medium.

Firstly, the exclusion has nothing whatsoever to do with anything Mr Green may have posted on this or any other Forum, it has however got it's roots in previous unpleasant encounters with this individual, notably at Villa Park.

I was made aware of an altercation between Mr Green and another player during the evening of the GSOD qualifier and asked PDC Security to keep an eye on the situation as one player was allegedly asking another player to go outside with him.

A little while later Mr Green appeared at the Registration kiosk and loudly interrupted a conversation I was involved in by shouting obscenely that he had been threatened by another player and what was I " f****ing going to do about it.

I told him that the first thing I would do was have him removed from the venue if he continued being aggressive, insulting and using obscene language.

I knew of the situation and that Security were watching it so I told him to put any complaint he had in writing.

Mr Green then left the area of the kiosk but not before again using an obscenity directed at me.

At this point Mr Green had not been excluded from the venue despite his atrocious and insulting behaviour.

The decision to exclude him was taken by Security not me and was done in the interests of public safety and his outrageous behaviour.

There was also the small matter of over 200 other players striving to do their best in the event, a cause not helped by the loud antics and obscenities of Mr Green.

His expulsion, although not immediately known to me, was fully supported by me in my position as Tournament Director.

His further suspension by me is within PDC rules provided that the non PDPA member is informed in writing of his / her exclusion.

I was told later that Mr Green was about to offer violence to Security but wisely refrained from doing so at the last minute.

He left still shouting loudly and offering his hopes, again loudly and obscenely, that he hoped that Tommy Cox would die of cancer.

I do not have to justify my actions to anyone but I will continue my efforts to keep PDC darts events trouble free and played in a convivial and orderly atmosphere.

I will not be entering into any further discussion on this subject but feel that I should make the facts clear to the Forum members as Mr Green has used the Forum to attempt to garner sympathy by painting himself an innocent in this situation.

No doubt he will have more to say, deny what I have said and attempt to justify his unacceptable behaviour and vicious statements.

I leave the Forum members to draw their own conclusions.

Tommy Cox
Tournament Director,
Professional Darts Corporation

Secondly, you have only recently been allowed to post on this forum again, and despite being one of the active members of the Moderating team which voted unanimously for you to be allowed posting privileges, any further threats from yourself with see those privileges revoked.

Lastly, I suspect you may have history on other forums with the poster known here as Mr Orange, but as he is an anonymous keyboard warrior, he will not be at any df meet, nor would I as I have little time for the vast majority of posters on that forum, and let's be honest there is zero chance of you turning up there either.

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ssjsa wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Mr Orange wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

Firstly it was you that brought up the subject of indefinite bans being issued for less than recreational drugs use, and I presumed you were referring to the one issued to yourself. For the benefit of those members who are unaware of the circumstances behind this I have taken the liberty of posting below the statement from Tommy Cox explaining the rationale behind that action.

Player Sponsor Member

Contact spaceman70

I have been alerted to the fact that Mr David Green has seen fit to post a private email from me to him on this public forum and add his comments as to what happened at the GSOD qualifier at Crawley.

As ever, there are two sides to every story and due to the interest and opinions expressed I feel justified in replying to Mr Green's assertions using the same medium.

Firstly, the exclusion has nothing whatsoever to do with anything Mr Green may have posted on this or any other Forum, it has however got it's roots in previous unpleasant encounters with this individual, notably at Villa Park.

I was made aware of an altercation between Mr Green and another player during the evening of the GSOD qualifier and asked PDC Security to keep an eye on the situation as one player was allegedly asking another player to go outside with him.

A little while later Mr Green appeared at the Registration kiosk and loudly interrupted a conversation I was involved in by shouting obscenely that he had been threatened by another player and what was I " f****ing going to do about it.

I told him that the first thing I would do was have him removed from the venue if he continued being aggressive, insulting and using obscene language.

I knew of the situation and that Security were watching it so I told him to put any complaint he had in writing.

Mr Green then left the area of the kiosk but not before again using an obscenity directed at me.

At this point Mr Green had not been excluded from the venue despite his atrocious and insulting behaviour.

The decision to exclude him was taken by Security not me and was done in the interests of public safety and his outrageous behaviour.

There was also the small matter of over 200 other players striving to do their best in the event, a cause not helped by the loud antics and obscenities of Mr Green.

His expulsion, although not immediately known to me, was fully supported by me in my position as Tournament Director.

His further suspension by me is within PDC rules provided that the non PDPA member is informed in writing of his / her exclusion.

I was told later that Mr Green was about to offer violence to Security but wisely refrained from doing so at the last minute.

He left still shouting loudly and offering his hopes, again loudly and obscenely, that he hoped that Tommy Cox would die of cancer.

I do not have to justify my actions to anyone but I will continue my efforts to keep PDC darts events trouble free and played in a convivial and orderly atmosphere.

I will not be entering into any further discussion on this subject but feel that I should make the facts clear to the Forum members as Mr Green has used the Forum to attempt to garner sympathy by painting himself an innocent in this situation.

No doubt he will have more to say, deny what I have said and attempt to justify his unacceptable behaviour and vicious statements.

Tommy Cox
Tournament Director,

Secondly, you have only recently been allowed to post on this forum again, and despite being one of the active members of the Moderating team which voted unanimously for you to be allowed posting privileges, any further threats from yourself with see those privileges revoked.

Lastly, I suspect you may have history on other forums with the poster known here as Mr Orange, but as he is an anonymous keyboard warrior, he will not be at any df meet, nor would I as I have little time for the vast majority of posters on that forum, and let's be honest there is zero chance of you turning up there either.
Fair enough.
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Re: Twitter Watch

Post by PVDarts501 »

devosteve wrote:
ssjsa wrote:Pieter has just posted this on Twitter.

2 yr ban! Is it just me, but that seems quite a harsh punishment.
Burnett received 18 months.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ha, Dave being slapped down, there.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Mr Green will not be admitted to the df meet up and he is well aware of that.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

DavidOwen67 wrote:Mr Green will not be admitted to the df meet up and he is well aware of that.
What about Mr Orange?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

nikkiboy wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:Mr Green will not be admitted to the df meet up and he is well aware of that.
What about Mr Orange?
None of the cast of Reservoir Dogs are welcome.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

ssjsa wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Mr Orange wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

Player Sponsor Member

Contact spaceman70

Tommy Cox
Tournament Director,

That's not only your best post on here, but one of the best I've ever seen :DDD:

To be fair, if I was going to try and get a lifetime ban from the PDC like Dave has, I can't think of a more comprehensive way of doing so.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Black Velvet wrote:
To be fair, if I was going to try and get a lifetime ban from the PDC like Dave has, I can't think of a more comprehensive way of doing so.
For the full house should have specified the body part and/or organ(s) to be affected by the cancer...
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

:D