Advice wanted

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
adamss
Feather Flights

Advice wanted

Post by adamss »

Evening all.

I'm back playing after about 4 years away. I got dartitis and couldn't throw. Just lately I've changed my old thriwing action and I can play now. Well I can throw without yipping which I'm chuft with.

I currently use a 19g set, but in me head I'm convinced if I'm going to improve and be able to give the better local players decent games consistently I need to use 22-25g darts.

So the question is, should I stick with my current set up or do I mess about?

Bearing in mind that I'm happy I can throw with no yips, and I'm slightly concerned that by messing with my darts then the dartitis may creep back in.

Also, considering I've only been playing again a week or so, I'm hitting 140, the odd 180... 2-3 tons on a row... so there are moments of decent consistsncy.

Also, my thoughts for thinking I need a heavier dart is based on the majority of pros use darts between 22 and 25.

Thanks for reading.
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: Advice wanted

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Why don't you just try a heavier dart and see how it goes.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Advice wanted

Post by Skewball »

adamss wrote:Evening all.

I'm back playing after about 4 years away. I got dartitis and couldn't throw. Just lately I've changed my old thriwing action and I can play now. Well I can throw without yipping which I'm chuft with.

I currently use a 19g set, but in me head I'm convinced if I'm going to improve and be able to give the better local players decent games consistently I need to use 22-25g darts.

So the question is, should I stick with my current set up or do I mess about?

Bearing in mind that I'm happy I can throw with no yips, and I'm slightly concerned that by messing with my darts then the dartitis may creep back in.

Also, considering I've only been playing again a week or so, I'm hitting 140, the odd 180... 2-3 tons on a row... so there are moments of decent consistsncy.

Also, my thoughts for thinking I need a heavier dart is based on the majority of pros use darts between 22 and 25.

Thanks for reading.
Loads of great players have and do use darts 19g or under. It's all in your head.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Think heavier darts help a little consistency wise. But before dartitis i found I played better with lighter darts, particularly finishing. Been over 5 year now and slowly finding I can let them go a bit better.Cant use my lighter darts and play to any real standard but with 28s can put 3 in the 20 and finish ok.Sounds like you have beat the worst of it so just crack on.I wouldn't worry what the pros do set up wise.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

If you've found something you can throw, don't mess with it.