PDC Premier League 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ssjsa
International

PDC Premier League 2019

Post by ssjsa »

Courtesy of Burton.

With only 11 ranking events left in the season, Ian White is up to #5 on the season-to-date Order of Merit. No one since the Premier League field expanded to 10 players has finished in the top 5 of the seasonal Order of Merit and not been selected for Premier League.
Attachments
IMG_20180909_234544.jpg
IMG_20180909_234544.jpg (123.23 KiB) Viewed 5923 times

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by ChrisW »

Would prefer to see him in than Wade or Lewis.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

I wouldn't pick White if he's outside the top 4 unless he does something on TV in the remaining events ..as a TV event I'd still take Barney over him any day even if Barney is out of the top 16 ..The PL is a non ranking showpiece event
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

trotter wrote:I wouldn't pick White if he's outside the top 4 unless he does something on TV in the remaining events ..as a TV event I'd still take Barney over him any day even if Barney is out of the top 16 ..The PL is a non ranking showpiece event
I think your view might be outdated come next year. But see how he does in 2019.
Vriezzer
Pub Champion

Post by Vriezzer »

phil davies wrote:Doesn’t deserve to be in it unless he has a good run on TV. Floor performances shouldn’t matter when it comes to PL selection.
Agreed.
To survive, is to be victorious!
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

THE launch of ticket sales for the 2019 Unibet Premier League is approaching - with the deadline for the Priority Sale period coming on Friday September 14.

The 2019 Premier League will see ten stars competing across 17 nights from February to May, visiting arena venues in the UK, Ireland, Netherlands and Germany.

The cut-off to be a PDCTV-HD Annual Subscriber to be eligible for the Priority Sale period is 12pm BST on Friday September 14.

Fans with a PDCTV-HD Annual Subscription at this cut-off date will have the first opportunity to purchase tickets from Monday October 1.

To check the status of your PDCTV-HD Subscription, please contact the Customer Services team

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
mattj1989
Feather Flights

Post by mattj1989 »

Ian White is a tricky one. He’s one of the most consistent floor/Euro Tour players around but can you really have someone in the Premier League who hasn’t even reached a semi final on TV? I’d perhaps give him a World Series spot next year and see how he does there first
teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

trotter wrote:I wouldn't pick White if he's outside the top 4 unless he does something on TV in the remaining events ..as a TV event I'd still take Barney over him any day even if Barney is out of the top 16 ..The PL is a non ranking showpiece event
Agreed re Barney, although not saying White doesn't deserve a shot if he continues like the way he is going at the moment.
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Re: RE: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by BeppeBergomi »

ssjsa wrote:Courtesy of Burton.

With only 11 ranking events left in the season, Ian White is up to #5 on the season-to-date Order of Merit. No one since the Premier League field expanded to 10 players has finished in the top 5 of the seasonal Order of Merit and not been selected for Premier League.
I don't see Diamond as a PL player to be honest....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Re: RE: Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by BeppeBergomi »

ssjsa wrote:THE launch of ticket sales for the 2019 Unibet Premier League is approaching - with the deadline for the Priority Sale period coming on Friday September 14.

The 2019 Premier League will see ten stars competing across 17 nights from February to May, visiting arena venues in the UK, Ireland, Netherlands and Germany.

The cut-off to be a PDCTV-HD Annual Subscriber to be eligible for the Priority Sale period is 12pm BST on Friday September 14.

Fans with a PDCTV-HD Annual Subscription at this cut-off date will have the first opportunity to purchase tickets from Monday October 1.

To check the status of your PDCTV-HD Subscription, please contact the Customer Services team
Bring on October 1.... Can't wait for the Glasgow event!!!

BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

As it stands I see this:

Sure ins: Van Gerwen, GARY, VOLTAGE, Snakebite, Gurney, Mensur, Barney and Smith.

Probable in: Whitlock

Possible in: Wade, Chizzy, Jackpot, maybe White, Webster, (though I see neither as PL material) and de Zwaan (if he makes another good run)

Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Barney won’t be anywhere near it.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Black Velvet wrote:Barney won’t be anywhere near it.
You would think not, but you know the PDC still lay out the red carpet for the lazy fucker
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

I don’t necessarily think it’s laziness. Just slow degrading of performance due to age. He shouldn’t have been near it for a few years though.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Black Velvet wrote:I don’t necessarily think it’s laziness. Just slow degrading of performance due to age. He shouldn’t have been near it for a few years though.
No, I understand your point and do not disagree with you.
However as he picks and chooses what he wants to play in, his ranking has tumbled.
On his day,he can still produce some of the old magic.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Agreed. He was one of my favourite players when he switched. That first year was brilliant.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Black Velvet wrote:I don’t necessarily think it’s laziness. Just slow degrading of performance due to age. He shouldn’t have been near it for a few years though.
It is not just laziness but the fact Barney is a liar.
Every november for the past few years he announces that the following year he will be doing the full tour. Then gets his unwarranted PL selection and then proceeds to dodge the very events he promised to do the previous november.

He repeats this every year. In the past the argument could be made he was needed for bums on seats in holland, thats not the case any more as the PDC survives well enough in Europe without him as evidenced by the Euro tour.

If the PDC can continue to grow despite the loss of Taylor, it certainly does not need a lazy liar in Barney
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Black Velvet wrote:Agreed. He was one of my favourite players when he switched. That first year was brilliant.
Watching him in the PL was brilliant.
Beating Taylor in Vegas and winning the UK open as well if I remember.
Ill always remember his 97 finish to beat Taylor
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Every november for the past few years he announces that the following year he will be doing the full tour. Then gets his unwarranted PL selection and then proceeds to dodge the very events he promised to do the previous november.

He repeats this every year. In the past the argument could be made he was needed for bums on seats in holland, thats not the case any more as the PDC survives well enough in Europe without him as evidenced by the Euro tour.

If the PDC can continue to grow despite the loss of Taylor, it certainly does not need a lazy liar in Barney
Quiet day on the Apostles forum?
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

BlueSpark wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

Quiet day on the Apostles forum?

chasing me on every post. :DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time