BDO New Website

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: BDO New Website

Post by ChrisW »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Don't know if it's just me but don't you think this thread topic has deviated a wee bit since it started out.....
Just a wee bit :)
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

ChrisW wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Don't know if it's just me but don't you think this thread topic has deviated a wee bit since it started out.....
Just a wee bit :)
Ever since the website hit the internet
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Starting to remind me of Bob Mortimer's Library chant.
"Say you are overdue say you are overdue"
Bruce Terrett
Superleague Player

Re: RE: Re: BDO New Website

Post by Bruce Terrett »

nikkiboy wrote:
Dogs tongues, wren's livers, otter's spleens, wolf nipple chips get them while they're hot they're lovely

"Got any nuts?"
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Well it’s up
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

oche balboa wrote:Well it’s up
And no venue confirmed.

Also the winmau banner at the top of the page has now gone.

Not a single event has a green mark against it for recognition it’s a finder ranking event so despite it the main event saying tbc looks like that won’t be back.
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

Winmau sits prominently at the top of the home page.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Si Robin wrote:Winmau sits prominently at the top of the home page.
Oh ok. It disappears on the mobile phone version then
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Good to see they've snuck an advert for Torremolinos into the News section.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

:D

PDC sabotage!!!!

[tweet]1042221712413212674[/tweet]
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

I see a lot of interest has been generated with the new BDO website. Onwards and upwards... :headbang: :headbang:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Would have liked to see the main images on the index page automatically scroll...........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Looks really good.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

So no world masters tv new or where bdo world pro is not ideal
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

foggs3355 wrote:So no world masters tv new or where bdo world pro is not ideal
It clearly says the world pro is in the UK foggs, that's all the info anyone thinking of going needs, book a hotel in Birmingham and you can drive to whatever venue they decide. :banghead:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

The longer this whole "no venue announced for the Worlds" goes on, the more I find myself imagining a forlorn looking Little Richard gazing into the solitary camera being used for the stream, and saying "we're here at the home of world darts, The Blues Club"
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:The longer this whole "no venue announced for the Worlds" goes on, the more I find myself imagining a forlorn looking Little Richard gazing into the solitary camera being used for the stream, and saying "we're here at the home of world darts, The Blues Club"
There was rumors the worlds play offs was going to be there before a venue was announced.

I dont think it will go that low but I think its pretty clear it wont be at Lakeside, even if the BDO went back to them Lakeside hold all the cards now and can just say "yeah ok we will host it put we aint paying a penny towards it"

The whole Indigo 02 thing proved to be just rumors.

Im still saying Preston
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:The longer this whole "no venue announced for the Worlds" goes on, the more I find myself imagining a forlorn looking Little Richard gazing into the solitary camera being used for the stream, and saying "we're here at the home of world darts, The Blues Club"
There was rumors the worlds play offs was going to be there before a venue was announced.

I dont think it will go that low but I think its pretty clear it wont be at Lakeside, even if the BDO went back to them Lakeside hold all the cards now and can just say "yeah ok we will host it put we aint paying a penny towards it"

Im still saying Preston
My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I said The Blues Club, but it's getting beyond a joke now.
With each passing day, you wonder whether they have any plans in place at all.
I've no idea where it will be, but Preston wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Im still saying Preston
My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I said The Blues Club, but it's getting beyond a joke now.
I've no idea where it will be, but Preston wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world.
Tin foil hat time but you wonder if they are letting this fall to pieces because of what Sue and Wayne apparently did to the WDT?

Des is in a win win here, if he finds a new big deal he will be seen as the savior if the Worlds gets canned or ends up bombing in a small location he can just say "Ive been dealt a bad hand, I said the BDO was in big trouble and this just proves it"

It might actually benefit them to rebrand it as a much smaller event. No TV company wants it, no sponsor wants it, why try and salvage some massive 10 tournament at a venue he doesnt actually like when he can sit back, watch lakeside get pissed and walk away then do a much smaller World championship event at Preston.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Im still saying Preston
Tin foil hat time but you wonder if they are letting this fall to pieces because of what Sue and Wayne apparently did to the WDT?

Des is in a win win here, if he finds a new big deal he will be seen as the savior if the Worlds gets canned or ends up bombing in a small location he can just say "Ive been dealt a bad hand, I said the BDO was in big trouble and this just proves it"

It might actually benefit them to rebrand it as a much smaller event. No TV company wants it, no sponsor wants it, why try and salvage some massive 10 tournament at a venue he doesnt actually like when he can sit back, watch lakeside get pissed and walk away then do a much smaller World championship event at Preston.
If it moves from Lakeside the BDO as a brand is finished, it'll be the Old Spice to the PDC's Lynx.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am