The Unicorn 2018 World Grand Prix Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Deleted User

The Unicorn 2018 World Grand Prix Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Post by Deleted User »

The Unicorn 2018 World Grand Prix Prediction Game!

This thread will be updated with the current tables and rules etc.

Prizes

The Top 3 will have the option of selecting a set of darts of their choosing from the Unicorn catalogue -(click here) :DDDD: :DDDD:
Thanks as always go to Unicorn for their generosity.

In addition, a randomly selected entry from the First Round thread, as long as they have predicted in all five rounds, or one of the three winners if they dont want a set of darts, will win a Unicorn Eclipse Pro dartboard - the true choice of the professional :DDDD: :DDDD:

The three winners will be given the option of what prize they want (either darts or a dartboard) and the Random Winner will win whatever prize is left!

What to do

Before each round I shall start a thread where I shall ask you to predict the SCORE of each match, as well as a few bonuses to mix it up a bit.

Scoring is as follows:

First Round - 2 points for correct result, 5 points for correct result AND score.
Second Round - 3 points for correct result, 7 points for correct result AND score
QF's - 6 points for correct result, 13 points for correct result AND score
SF's - 8 points for correct result, 17 points for correct result AND score
Final - 10 points for correct result, 21 points for correct result AND score

Bonuses will generally be 5 points each, although this will differ for the Final.

Be aware there is a short turnaround between each round ending and the next starting - so be aware of this when entering!!

In your prediction for the FIRST ROUND I shall ask you to specify a set of darts of your choosing from the Unicorn catalogue - (click here). Entries without this vital information WILL be ineligible for ANY prizes and prizes will revert to the next in the standings who have selected their set of darts!!!

A template will follow soon.

Good luck!

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES - Start of play on the first SUNDAY (around ten minutes into the Sky broadcast)

Smallprint

ENTRIES MUST COME FROM THOSE WITH AT LEAST 20 POSTS IN NON-COMPETITION THREADS

The highest three scores will win the darts or the dartboard (their choice however only one dartboard is available), the prizes will be offered starting with the player in 1st place, then 2nd place, then 3rd place, and the Random Winner will win what is left.

If a tie, then bonuses will be disregarded and the player with the highest aggregate score across all five round excluding bonuses shall win. If still tied, the player(s) with the highest Finals Night score will win in the tie.
If still tied after this, then countback will take place, looking at who had the highest Semi Final night score, highest Quarter Final night score etc, until a tie can be split. In the unlikely event there is still a tie, a mini-prediction game involving The Pro Tour event on the Saturday after the final will be used to split it.

All entries need to have a dart code and weight as published on the Unicorn website. If an entry does not have this information than the prize will revert to fourth place and so on.

The decision of myself and the site moderators are final. I myself will not be claiming any prize, if I win a prize then it will revert to the next player in the table, or the random draw will be repeated.

The random draw will use the thread for the First Round and as a loyalty this can only be won by someone who has predicted in all five rounds. For the random draw, a password-protected spreadsheet shall be used (see post below). The same user cannot win the random draw and a prize by finishing in the top three. If the random draw selects them, it will be redrawn. The random winner will win whatever prize is remaining after the three winners have claimed their prize.

Entries made after the published deadline in each round may be accepted at my discretion, minus the bonuses and matches that have been played already.

All entries made by duplicate accounts, Stevie the Poet and Fluff will be disregarded.
[/quote]
Last edited by BlueSpark on Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to Grand Prix from Matchplay
Ginge
International

Re: The Unicorn 2018 World Grand Prix Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Post by Ginge »

The Random Draw

The spreadsheet attached to this post has the numbers 1 through 200 in a random order (randomised by using the =RAND function), and is PASSWORD PROTECTED

I have attached it here and this post will not be edited from this point on (Thursday morning on the 27th September at around 8.35am) as will be proven by the timestamp on this post.

The first valid number on the list that relates to an eligible entry in this thread will win whatever prize is left after the three winners have claimed their prize.

When he does the results, David shall issue the password for this spreadsheet so it can be proven this has been performed fairly
Attachments
WGP 2018 Random Number Spreadsheet.xlsx
(16.95 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Last edited by Ginge on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:Placeholder for random draw spreadsheet.
I'll add it before R1 commences. No time now. Or you can!!
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The Unicorn 2018 World Grand Prix Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
It will be there in about half an hour or so.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Unicorn 2018 World Grand Prix Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
It will be there in about half an hour or so.
Appreciated. Up to my neck in stuff right now and so access to the site at work.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Right all sorted. Will message you the password next weekend to do the grand reveal.

I usually let the main three winners choose if they want darts or a dartboard in the order they finished, and then the random draw wins whatever is left.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:Right all sorted. Will message you the password next weekend to do the grand reveal.

I usually let the main three winners choose if they want darts or a dartboard in the order they finished, and then the random draw wins whatever is left.
Works for me.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Placeholder for Nobilo's suggestion as to why people with 8 posts in the last 7 years that weren't in prediction threads improve the forum.

Oh, and just for the record, Mr N, I finish early every other Friday. As well as a hectic week inside and out of work I've also had the death of one of my oldest friends on Monday. Sorry if that delayed your chance of winning some free stuff.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

DavidOwen67 wrote:Placeholder for Nobilo's suggestion as to why people with 8 posts in the last 7 years that weren't in prediction threads improve the forum.

Oh, and just for the record, Mr N, I finish early every other Friday. As well as a hectic week inside and out of work I've also had the death of one of my oldest friends on Monday. Sorry if that delayed your chance of winning some free stuff.
Hey Nobs! There's a whole thread open for your suggestions!

*starts the watch*
Nobilo
The Ton Club

Re: RE: Re: The Unicorn 2018 World Grand Prix Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Post by Nobilo »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:Placeholder for Nobilo's suggestion as to why people with 8 posts in the last 7 years that weren't in prediction threads improve the forum.

*starts the watch*
A good idea. The more suggestions the merrier. Do u have any?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Unicorn 2018 World Grand Prix Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Post by Deleted User »

Nobilo wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:

*starts the watch*

Already posted mine. Care to share the one you promised. Seems not only do you not post, you don't read either.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

He posted it a few minutes ago. Everyone but me seems to have ignored it
Big Jock Knew
Nobilo
The Ton Club

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Unicorn 2018 World Grand Prix Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Post by Nobilo »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Nobilo wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:

*starts the watch*

Already posted mine. Care to share the one you promised. Seems not only do you not post, you don't read either.

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Shouldn't this be sticky?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ChrisW wrote:Shouldn't this be sticky?
Yes it should.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Now done.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ssjsa wrote:
ChrisW wrote:Shouldn't this be sticky?
Yes it should.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Now done.
Cheers!
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Only just over 4 hours to get your predictions in.

Those new Noir Unicorn darts just waiting to be won. :darts

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

ssjsa wrote:Only just over 4 hours to get your predictions in.

A few of the Noir range are out of stock is it still ok for members to select the out of stock range or do they need to be in stock?
Last edited by foggy on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

foggy wrote:

A few of the Noir range are out of stock is it still ok for members to select the out of stock range or do they need to be in stock? ive personally not gone for noir range just thought the question was worth asking.
Unicorn will I'm sure send them out as soon as they come into stock, think they've done that before.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

nikkiboy wrote:
foggy wrote:

A few of the Noir range are out of stock is it still ok for members to select the out of stock range or do they need to be in stock? ive personally not gone for noir range just thought the question was worth asking.
Unicorn will I'm sure send them out as soon as they come into stock, think they've done that before.
Ok thanks.