The Money Shot

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

The Money Shot

Post by daveboygreen »

Years ago I said on here and elsewhere about what I call 'The Money Shot'

9 dart finish with a 170 out, At the time I thought of it I had it in my head that it was the best leg and highest out in one leg giving it the name...Money Shot, Now years later...Mardle, and every other fecker is on the firm with it screaming for it to happen on TV, Sorry but...It was DBG's shout first!!
ssjsa
International

Re: The Money Shot

Post by ssjsa »

daveboygreen wrote:Years ago I said on here and elsewhere about what I call 'The Money Shot'

9 dart finish with a 170 out, At the time I thought of it I had it in my head that it was the best leg and highest out in one leg giving it the name...Money Shot, Now years later...Mardle, and every other fecker is on the firm with it screaming for it to happen on TV, Sorry but...It was DBG's shout first!!
Leaving 170 is only a viable option when it is double start, as a bull needs to be hit regardless of the first 8 darts.

Michael Smith left that option tonight, but in all fairness, anyone deliberately leaving 170 for the niner in a normal 501 leg is an idiot.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

"On the firm with it"
Good god.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Only thing is it's not really 'the money shot'

as it doesn't contain the highest start or the highest score in 3 darts

Surely 'the money shot' would be a 151 start on the bull

a 180

followed by the 170 out
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

ssjsa wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:Years ago I said on here and elsewhere about what I call 'The Money Shot'

Leaving 170 is only a viable option when it is double start, as a bull needs to be hit regardless of the first 8 darts.

Michael Smith left that option tonight, but in all fairness, anyone deliberately leaving 170 for the niner in a normal 501 leg is an idiot.
Personally I have tried it many times in money leagues that pay out for lowest leg and highest out both straight and double start, Can't see the harm in giving it a go if say I hit a 171 with my first 3 then other player only hits 45 or 41 then I hit two 60's starting my next throw then going tops to leave the 170....But it is much easier for it to be acceptable on a double start format
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

daveboygreen wrote:
Personally I have tried it many times in money leagues that pay out for lowest leg and highest out both straight and double start, Can't see the harm in giving it a go if say I hit a 171
So just between us Dave you haven't really ever tried it then have you ?
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

el_ringo wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
Personally I have tried it many times in money leagues that pay out for lowest leg and highest out both straight and double start, Can't see the harm in giving it a go if say I hit a 171
So just between us Dave you haven't really ever tried it then have you ?
Missed it on 8th and 9th dart recently
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Whilst would never be in a position to have a dart for a nine dart finish, had my best average of the year tonight at 50.64 over 19 legs.

Fuck all to do with this thread or any other but just thought I would share it with the forum for no other reason than I want to tell someone. :grin:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

daveboygreen wrote:
Missed it on 8th and 9th dart recently

daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

[quote="ssjsa"]Whilst would never be in a position to have a dart for a nine dart finish, had my best average of the year tonight at 50.64 over 19 legs.

fek all to do with this thread or any other but just thought I would share it with the forum for no other reason than I want to tell someone. :grin:[/quote

I've had some bad nights at darts over the years but.....Jeez....Never any that bad
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Post by PVDarts501 »

phil davies wrote:I disagree the perfect 9 would be 3x167 now that would be special a niner with 3 bulls!
Suljovic hit a nine-dart finish via the 170-170-161 route a few years ago.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

phil davies wrote:I disagree the perfect 9 would be 3x167 now that would be special a niner with 3 bulls!
Too easy, DBG has already completed it whilst throwing blindfolded from 15ft with brass darts.

He’s looking for a challenge.
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

wow DBG well done in coining this phrase.