PDC Womens World Championship to be announced??

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

PDC Womens World Championship to be announced??

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

PDC just launched their new VOD website today, PDC-HD

If you log in, go into the Archive section, click filter by events and the very last one (so the newest one added) is "Womens World Championship"

If you click on it it has no videos on it yet, just says no data to show.

Cant see why they would add a whole section on the site and then not add anything...........especially when the last womens championship only had one match televised and its already on youtube
PreciesJJ
The Ton Club

Re: PDC Womens World Championship to be announced??

Post by PreciesJJ »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:PDC just launched their new VOD website today, PDC-HD

If you log in, go into the Archive section, click filter by events and the very last one (so the newest one added) is "Womens World Championship"

Cant see why they would add a whole section on the site and then not add anything...........especially when the last womens championship only had one match televised and its already on youtube
Some good research this
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

I would imagine its hopefully a carrot to induce mass support and entry of the Women's spots at Ally Pally
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

PreciesJJ wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:PDC just launched their new VOD website today, PDC-HD

Some good research this
If anyone cared about women's darts it might be.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Think on

If it wasn't for Women's darts you wouldn't have a multi millionaire business magnet in charge of the the amateur side of the game nor have the massively competent PR and Commercial Director looking after England Dart's interests.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Interesting.

I think folk under estimate the potential of ladies darts in the hands of the pdc. With the superb promotion of the organisation they could produce a good 'product'. You can see them getting ladies from different countries in (like japan). They could have finals as opener to mens finally (if this led to some kind of tour).

Secondly, as been mentioned numerous times by others, if it helps them get official recognition as the governing body for darts they may consider it a worthwhile investment.

Then look at the jdc. How many girls are in that system? This would inspire more to take up the game and keep within the pdc system.

And would actually this lead to a exodus of many of the top ladies that would have a bigger impact on bdo ladies darts than the men's split? Thus being the final nail for the bdo?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

devosteve wrote:Interesting.

I think folk under estimate the potential of ladies darts in the hands of the pdc. With the superb promotion of the organisation they could produce a good 'product'. You can see them getting ladies from different countries in (like japan). They could have finals as opener to mens finals.

Secondly, as been mentioned numerous times by others, if it helps them get official recognition as the governing body for darts they may consider it a worthwhile investment.

Then look at the jdc. How many girls are in that system? This would inspire more to take up the game and keep within the pdc system.

And would actually this lead to a exodus of many of the top ladies that would have a bigger impact on bdo ladies darts than the men's split? Thus being the final nail for the bdo?
I'd really like to see some kind of openers before PDC mens finals. Make it a youth or a ladies game. It's flat when you have a Matchplay final for example ending 18-10 and that's it for the whole night. Even in ITV events when they have a little break between semis and the finals, they could play a short game, like they do with the World Youth final in Minehead. They have the cameras, stage and the fans there so it's perfect.

However I don't see the ladies' game magically rising even if this theory became reality and they got these few chances a year to play on TV. To really capitalise on ladies darts, the PDC would need to create a proper womens tour and major events which are televised, at least from the last 8 or last 4. I don't see them wasting their money on that in the next few years honestly. They could do it eventually, but there are plenty of better projects to invest in right now.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

I think folk under estimate the potential of ladies darts in the hands of the pdc. With the superb promotion of the organisation they could produce a good 'product'. You can see them getting ladies from different countries in (like japan). They could have finals as opener to mens finally (if this led to some kind of tour).

If they get 100+ ladies at both qualifiers its a no brainier for me to turn the Qualifiers next year into a ladies world championship like they do with the youths, have the finalists be the 2 qualifiers for Ally Pally and have the finals on stage somewhere (Players Championships finals like the youths or even the first night of the worlds)

You only need to have a 4 weekend tour for next year (which would be 16 events following the youth structure), Have them alongside the Youth Weekends, try and convince a few to enter Challenge tour weekends as well then have top 64 play in a tournament in October time.

I can see plenty of ladies doing Qschool next year, the sponsorship for a Ladies tour would be high with Sky pushing Ladies in sport at the minute and would be a nice piece for the PDC
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

They could quiet easily do 4 weekends woman’s your with top 4 getting uk open spots top 2 get ally pally places. If they did a woman’s world pro winner getting a gsod place

I think if had woman’s world championships they play the last 8 down at ally pally play 1st game on each night 1st 7 evening of the event best of 11 legs final 13 legs
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

el_ringo wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Think on

If it wasn't for Women's darts you wouldn't have a multi millionaire business magnet in charge of the the amateur side of the game nor have the massively competent PR and Commercial Director looking after England Dart's interests.
This didn't get the credit it deserved.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Hey Paul

Thanks for misreading what I said

I meant if the pdc announce a ladies tour like challenge tour that you have to go to qschool to qualify for then there will be a ton of ladies at qschool

I’m well aware that if there are no incentives then only a couple women will go
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Is he misreading posts yet again?

Oh Paul!!!!!
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote:Is he misreading posts yet again?

Oh Paul!!!!!
He is reading here.

then starting threads on fanatics quoting here.

He may have painted himself in a corner by saying he won''t post here again. Time to swallow his pride and get back posting imo.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Has he apologised for misreading Bluesparks post the other day yet?
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:Has he apologised for misreading Bluesparks post the other day yet?
I'll give you two guesses.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

el_ringo wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Think on

:DDD: :DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Streams of the qualifiying tournaments. (Wouldn't cost too much).
The 2 games played by the women this year.

But, next year, with BDO allowing players in PDC tournaments, they could try having pre-qualifiers to a women's world championship, then giving finalists entry in the PDC World's. If Japan is more open to the women's game, maybe a good place to hold their World Championship, co-hosted with an Asian tour event.

Can't see Hearn supporting a tour, but I can see him spending a bit to promote darts to women and see if he can suck the last of the air out of the BDO.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

BDO doing a fine job of that without any help from Bazza.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

It’s going to be between the PDC and England darts that go for the recognition of governing Body in England.
JFT97
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

England Darts want to be officially recognised as the governing body?

Fair enough, if that's what they want, but it might have been an idea to have a crack at sending England teams to the World Cup first, if they wanted people to believe they were either serious or marginally competent.