BDO announce 3 year deal with Eurosport

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: BDO announce 3 year deal with Eurosport

Post by nikkiboy »

oche balboa wrote:" Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships"

Nikkiboy ffs
And in the next sentence it is BDO world pro and Lakeside is the host, if they are the sponsor then why are they not using 'Lakeside' in ALL press releases
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Neil Lennon on the coin throwing incident at Hearts yesterday:

"It stung me; it is quite sore. I don't know where he has thrown it from, but it is a good shot. He might get in the World Matchplay [darts] next year. It came out of nowhere. I am furious about it, to be honest."

Disgraceful he didn't mention Lakeside given that's what everyone grows up watching. Or something.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Eurosport have amended their press release to add 'BDO Lakeside World Pro' so maybe they are the sponsors, not very clear from the BDO press releases. Maybe Potter has made a reduced offer this year and the BDO are a bit sore about it.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: BDO announce 3 year deal with Eurosport

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:Eurosport have amended their press release to add 'BDO Lakeside World Pro' so maybe they are the sponsors, not very clear from the BDO press releases. Maybe Potter has made a reduced offer this year and the BDO are a bit sore about it.
Wouldn't blame him if he had made a reduced offer, it's not on a "big" station anymore.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

As I thought, original BDO press release no mention of Lakeside at all

"THE BRITISH DARTS ORGANISATION are delighted to announce the signing of a new three-year, nine-event deal with dedicated sports broadcaster, Eurosport.

The ground-breaking agreement will see Eurosport screen all three BDO Majors – The BDO World Darts Trophy, The BDO World Masters and the BDO World Professional Darts Championships – for the next three years, commencing in January with the 2019 BDO World Professional Darts Championships.

Eurosport have long been a broadcasting partner of the BDO across the UK, Europe and globally but this exciting development will see Eurosport become our primary broadcaster and will bring live darts action to homes across the UK, The Netherlands and Australia.

Additionally, in a commitment to ensure the BDO World Professional Darts Championships are delivered terrestrially for the 42nd consecutive year, free-to-air channel Quest will share rights to each tournament with Eurosport, providing both live coverage and full highlights, which will be easily accessible in the UK via Eurosport and Quest Channels on Freeview, Freesat, cable and satellite and Eurosport Player.

Despite only being voted on as BDO Chairman / CEO in August, Des Jacklin and his team, alongside Sportotal, have been working hard behind the scenes to secure a broadcasting commitment which provides the foundation for a structured long term commercial strategy and allows the organisation to plan and commit to venues and much more in advance.

Des explained; ‘Even with the tight time constraints and the on-going pressure to announce details of the upcoming BDO World Professional Darts Championships, both myself and my team weren’t looking for a quick fix. We have been committed to securing this long-term broadcasting contract so we can focus our attentions on further improving the BDO for the players and supporters alike.

Eurosport have for many years been a great broadcast partner and supporter of the BDO. It is fantastic to see them get the opportunity to show the BDO World Professional Darts Championships in the UK for the first time and to give us a 9 event 3-year commitment to the UK, Netherlands and Australia.’

2019 BDO Major dates to be televised by Eurosport / Quest TV:

05/01-13/01 - BDO World Professional Championships

30/08-01/09 - BDO World Darts Trophy

25/10-27/10 - World Masters "
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Wait and see who's name is on the cheques.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Wait and see who's name is on the cheques.....
Point being Pads if you were handing over £300k you'd want your name in the press releases.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

nikkiboy wrote:As I thought, original BDO press release no mention of Lakeside at all

"THE BRITISH DARTS ORGANISATION are delighted to announce the signing of a new three-year, nine-event deal with dedicated sports broadcaster, Eurosport.

The ground-breaking agreement will see Eurosport screen all three BDO Majors – The BDO World Darts Trophy, The BDO World Masters and the BDO World Professional Darts Championships – for the next three years, commencing in January with the 2019 BDO World Professional Darts Championships.

Eurosport have long been a broadcasting partner of the BDO across the UK, Europe and globally but this exciting development will see Eurosport become our primary broadcaster and will bring live darts action to homes across the UK, The Netherlands and Australia.

Additionally, in a commitment to ensure the BDO World Professional Darts Championships are delivered terrestrially for the 42nd consecutive year, free-to-air channel Quest will share rights to each tournament with Eurosport, providing both live coverage and full highlights, which will be easily accessible in the UK via Eurosport and Quest Channels on Freeview, Freesat, cable and satellite and Eurosport Player.

Despite only being voted on as BDO Chairman / CEO in August, Des Jacklin and his team, alongside Sportotal, have been working hard behind the scenes to secure a broadcasting commitment which provides the foundation for a structured long term commercial strategy and allows the organisation to plan and commit to venues and much more in advance.

Des explained; ‘Even with the tight time constraints and the on-going pressure to announce details of the upcoming BDO World Professional Darts Championships, both myself and my team weren’t looking for a quick fix. We have been committed to securing this long-term broadcasting contract so we can focus our attentions on further improving the BDO for the players and supporters alike.

Eurosport have for many years been a great broadcast partner and supporter of the BDO. It is fantastic to see them get the opportunity to show the BDO World Professional Darts Championships in the UK for the first time and to give us a 9 event 3-year commitment to the UK, Netherlands and Australia.’

2019 BDO Major dates to be televised by Eurosport / Quest TV:

05/01-13/01 - BDO World Professional Championships

30/08-01/09 - BDO World Darts Trophy

25/10-27/10 - World Masters "
Yet an hour later......

October 30, 2018 Laura Turner Lakeside World Pro
THE BRITISH DARTS ORGANISATION are pleased to confirm that the 2019 BDO World Professional Darts Championships will once again be returning to the iconic Lakeside Country Club in Frimley Green, Surrey.

This will be the 34thconsecutive year Lakeside have hosted the Championships, becoming the primary sponsors in 2004, and players from across the globe will be looking to emulate the successes of 2018 Champions Glen Durrant and Lisa Ashton in January on the famous Lakeside stage.

BDO Chairman / CEO Des Jacklin said ‘We are delighted that the Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships are heading back to Frimley Green.

After the announcement this morning regarding the broadcaster, we didn’t want this to detract from the exciting news that Lakeside Country Club had committed to hosting the Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships once again and felt a separate statement was necessary.

Both the players and the fans of the sport all look forward to the event and Lakeside has provided the perfect setting for over 30 years.’

The Championships will be the first of nine events to be screened by the BDO’s new primary broadcaster, Eurosport, with additional live coverage and highlights to be shown on terrestrial channel, Quest.

Tickets for the event will be available from the Lakeside box office later today (30.10.18) – please contact Lakeside Country Club directly on (+44) 01252-836-464 or via their website http://www.lakesideworlddarts.co.uk/a/tickets.php

Venues for the 2019 BDO World Darts Trophy and the World Masters are currently being negotiated and will be announced over the coming weeks.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Nick they didn't mention them in the first one because they wanted to big them up for the second one.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:Nick they didn't mention them in the first one because they wanted to big them up for the second one.
:banghead:
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

nikkiboy wrote:Eurosport have amended their press release to add 'BDO Lakeside World Pro' so maybe they are the sponsors, not very clear from the BDO press releases. Maybe Potter has made a reduced offer this year and the BDO are a bit sore about it.

This is on the Lakeside website:

This is the 41st consecutive World Professional Darts Championships staged and promoted by the British Darts Organisation.
It is the 33rd consecutive year that the games have been hosted at Lakeside Country Club (1986-2019);

It is also the 16th successive year (2004-2019) that Lakeside Country Club will be the main title sponsor of the Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships.

I think we can safely say that Lakeside are sponsoring it. Alone or with anyone else is now the question, as well as the prize fund
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Addicks Fan wrote:

This is on the Lakeside website:

This is the 41st consecutive World Professional Darts Championships staged and promoted by the British Darts Organisation.
It is the 33rd consecutive year that the games have been hosted at Lakeside Country Club (1986-2019);

It is also the 16th successive year (2004-2019) that Lakeside Country Club will be the main title sponsor of the Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships.

I think we can safely say that Lakeside are sponsoring it. Alone or with anyone else is now the question, as well as the prize fund
Seems that way, as clear as mud though and very poorly written on the BDO side.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Nikkiboy losing the plot
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

Will it be 300k mens 29k woman’s event I be surprised if gone up
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ChrisW wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:37 am
ssjsa wrote:Very encouraging news for the BDO.

I don't disagree that we should not be going overboard with this as sponsorship, venues, prize money and ticket sales are elements still to be confirmed, but you have to start somewhere, and the tv coverage is good news.
Must be more news to follow.
must?
(9 months later)

Just enjoyed reading this old thread. My Sarnie went down so much better.

Anyway, Ill check back in later to see the news..because surely today is the day....?!! :DDD: :DDD:
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:48 am Thank god, a multi year and event deal with a respected broadcaster. Mr Jacklin I doff my cap to you sir.

I look forward to the consistency on here amongst Des' fans when he has to cancel the event or run it at a huge loss. Or will you be blaming Sportotal Nickki!! lol
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:34 pm
nikkiboy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:48 am Thank god, a multi year and event deal with a respected broadcaster. Mr Jacklin I doff my cap to you sir.

I look forward to the consistency on here amongst Des' fans when he has to cancel the event or run it at a huge loss. Or will you be blaming Sportotal Nickki!! lol
At the time it was a reasonable comment but Des is proving to be as inept as the previous incumbents, still time but it is looking like something has gone seriously wrong with the plan.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

How many days left on this deal, numberwangs?
UKDA 4 Life
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:05 pm How many days left on this deal, numberwangs?
before the BDO lose the deal due to breach of contract? not long I wager
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:07 pm
Moongoose McQueeen wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:05 pm How many days left on this deal, numberwangs?
before the BDO lose the deal due to breach of contract? not long I wager
Nah this event still goes ahead imo, even if only 10 people are in the crowd.
Big Jock Knew