PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

it was then, but the same excuse people use for geert that he would have beaten it if he had not tailed off, could be applied to loads of players who did the same.

All these ifs, buts and could haves makes no different to the fact he did not do it, and not only was taylors average higher by 3 points, but maintained over 9 legs not 5 like geert.

for the record geerts average is not even in the top 25 tv averages today
Last edited by Little Lonely Garry on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Garry Murphy wrote:it was then, but the same excuse people use for geert that he would have beaten it if he had not tailed off, could be applied to loads of players who did the same.

All these ifs, buts and could haves makes no different to the fact he did not do it, and not only was taylors average higher by SIX points, but maintained over 9 legs not 5 like geert.

But, but you posted that even had he hit the 120 average that it would not have been the highest tv average. How can this be.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Garry Murphy wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
teddybreak wrote:
ssjsa wrote:Courtesy of Premium Dart Data

Highest averages Grand Slam of Darts

114.65 Taylor
113.86 de Vos
112.37 Taylor
112.16 Taylor
111.80 G.Anderson
111.79 G.Anderson
111.17 MvG
111.05 MvG
111.03 Wade
110.99 A.Lewis
110.21 Scholten
110.15 Barney
109.84 Chisnall
109.76 Taylor
109.39 A.Lewis
109.18 MvG
De Vos was close to a 120 average before his last few visits if I remember correctly. Crazy match from Geert.
It was. Had a chance to create a tv world record from memory.
nonsense.
Even if Geert did not fall off at the end and hit that magical 120 mark it still would NOT have been a world tv record.
even a 121 average would not have been enough, nor would a 122 average.
I will let you find out for yourself the highest tv average
Bumped for the poster known as Garry Murphy who clearly can't remember this post, given he agreed some minutes later that Taylor's 118.66 from 2010 was the record at the time. :WWWW:

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Garry Murphy wrote:it was then, but the same excuse people use for geert that he would have beaten it if he had not tailed off, could be applied to loads of players who did the same.

All these ifs, buts and could haves makes no different to the fact he did not do it, and not only was taylors average higher by SIX points, but maintained over 9 legs not 5 like geert.

Ffs
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Little Lonely Garry
International

ssjsa wrote:

But, but you posted that even had he hit the 120 average that it would not have been the highest tv average. How can this be.
ah yes, I forgot how pedantic you are.
Of course had he hit a 120 it would have been the highest, if only for a few months. I was referring to the fact all the averages I refer to are in the past and was speaking of all high averages.

However Geert ended up not even close to this "record on tv" nonsense you spouted....he was over 6 points away from the then record held by Taylor, and in terms of averages 6 points is a huge gulf.
But you like many love these- if, but,could have, scenarios and its ridiculous

Another thing, fat lot of good that average was to him in the end, seeing as he could not get out of the group he was in that had johnny claton, terry jenkins and robert thornton.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Garry Murphy wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

ah yes, I forgot how pedantic you are.
Of course had he hit a 120 it would have been the highest, if only for a few months. I was referring to the fact all the averages I refer to are in the past and was speaking of all high averages.

However Geert ended up not even close to this "record on tv" nonsense you spouted....he was over 6 points away from the then record held by Taylor, and in terms of averages 6 points is a huge gulf.
But you like many love these- if, but,could have, scenarios and its ridiculous

Another thing, fat lot of good that average was to him in the end, seeing as he could not get out of the group he was in that had johnny claton, terry jenkins and robert thornton.
nonsense.
Even if Geert did not fall off at the end and hit that magical 120 mark it still would NOT have been a world tv record.
even a 121 average would not have been enough, nor would a 122 average.
I will let you find out for yourself the highest tv average

And I forgot how you will deflect right left and centre rather than admit you were wrong.

Have highlighted in yellow your 2 statements which directly contradict each other.

Nothing to do with pedantry, just showing that your original post was complete bollocks. ;-)

Little Lonely Garry
International

it would not have been a world record today was my point.
But you know that is what I meant and are being obstinate because I pulled you up on your ridiculous claim how geert was close.
Or maybe you were not intelligent enough to grasp my point, which is more likely.
Anyhow de Vos was over 3 points away from the then record....not ever close.

Placeholder for you to use the words
"if"
"could"
"had he"

Never ceases to amaze me all those who harp on about de vos hitting 115 conveniently ignore how the day before he lost 5-0 to terry jenkins with average of 87
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Garry Murphy wrote:it would not have been a world record today was my point.
But you know that is what I meant and are being obstinate because I pulled you up on your ridiculous claim how geert was close.
Or maybe you were not intelligent enough to grasp my point, which is more likely.
Anyhow de Vos was over 3 points away from the then record....not ever close.

Placeholder for you to use the words
"if"
"could"
"had he"

Never ceases to amaze me all those who harp on about de vos hitting 115 conveniently ignore how the day before he lost 5-0 to terry jenkins with average of 87
:omg:

Little Lonely Garry
International

watched the video of that game again and mardle claims at the end its a 115.48 average, just as it said on Wiki, but never trust wiki as they most likely copied mardle.

Slymaster also had it at 113.86 like Premium Dart Data.

De Vos averaging almost 6 points less than Taylor over 5 legs
as opposed to taylor averaging 118 over the longer distance of 9 legs.

That is not close. ;-)
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Oh dear
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

devosteve wrote:Just re subscribed to sky sports on a month by month contract.

For this and the world championships.

Many times it has been said the inclusion of the bdo men (pity des was out voted to put Lisa Ashton in) creates the main interest. Does for me anyway.
Well on real fanatics folk are already posting how to avoid paying to watch the bdo players in the gsod.

Admin on there seem okay with that!

Whatever your view on watching subscription TV for free (stealing in my view) surely you can't describe yourself, or your site, as a bdo fanatic when you are not willing to pay to watch?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

devosteve wrote:

Many times it has been said the inclusion of the bdo men (pity des was out voted to put Lisa Ashton in) creates the main interest. Does for me anyway.
Well on real fanatics folk are already posting how to avoid paying to watch the bdo players in the gsod.

Whatever your view on watching subscription TV for free (stealing in my view) surely you can't describe yourself, or your site, as a bdo fanatic when you are not willing to pay to watch?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

devosteve wrote:

Streams are ok but you can't beat the Quality of Sky. You will enjoy the darts much more watching on there.

Would never be hypocritical and comment on people using streams as I use them myself fairly regularly, but not normally for darts as I have Sky and subscribe to PDC.tv. That being said I did use Mobdro to watch the darts from Vegas as I was in Mexico at the time.

only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

all hail the cyfrowy polsat & the chipped box
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Article on Durrant's comments on The Darts Show podcast.

I am actually listening to the podcast now.

https://dartsnews.com/glen-durrant-dema ... m-the-bdo/

devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

ssjsa wrote:
devosteve wrote:

Streams are ok but you can't beat the Quality of Sky. You will enjoy the darts much more watching on there.

Would never be hypocritical and comment on people using streams as I use them myself fairly regularly, but not normally for darts as I have Sky and subscribe to PDC.tv. That being said I did use Mobdro to watch the darts from Vegas as I was in Mexico at the time.
I think that's fine. You pay into the system.

There is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. Example : technically you shouldn't copy music. But a friend of mine made up a copy of a lot of music tracks that he thought were the best of a year. He made me a 20 track cd. From that I bought a couple of cds (one was public service broadcasting who I have now seen and bought last 2 releases). He, like me, buys product. I regularly buy music. (I remember an ex poster on here boasting on how he hasn't paid for music for years! Great for the musicians!). So the music industry wouldn't have a problem with that. It's the folk who never pay.

Same with pay per view sport. Your example is a good one. You pay into the system. But there are folk who never do, and encourage others has to avoid paying.

Fine. But done call yourself a darts fan. A bdo fanatic.
Last edited by devosteve on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Little Lonely Garry
International

devosteve wrote:

The same bdo so called fans call themselves fanatics not only dont want to pay to watch, they dont buy tickets either.

Look at how the masters, wdt and gold cup had only about a dozen fans at each.

Fanatics......what a joke :DDD:
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Garry Murphy wrote:watched the video of that game again and mardle claims at the end its a 115.48 average, just as it said on Wiki, but never trust wiki as they most likely copied mardle.

Slymaster also had it at 113.86 like Premium Dart Data.

De Vos averaging almost 6 points less than Taylor over 5 legs
as opposed to taylor averaging 118 over the longer distance of 9 legs.

That is not close. ;-)
Just "Scored" the match and its 113.86

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Watching a game back to find the average ffs.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

BlueSpark wrote:Watching a game back to find the average ffs.

Shouldnt you be in crewe now