Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Addicks Fan
County Player

Re: Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Addicks Fan »

The Jolly Man wrote:
foggs3355 wrote:When they even doing the draw getting order of play out will help sell tickets as went on sale late
How are the ticket sales going?
Up to about 50% sold at the end of Wednesday, so ticking over!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So it took 2 days to sell a third, and then another 8 days to sell a sixth.

Kell surpree!
Big Jock Knew
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

It stands a chance of selling more than last year (just over 70%), which would surprise me to be honest. Bob Potter still able to make a tidy profit anyway!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Most events sell the bulk at the start, the PDC dont sell 14k tickets for the Worlds every hour after the first one :D
Big Jock Knew
Sally
Pub Champion

Post by Sally »

Has the prize fund/split been announced for the Men and Ladies yet? If yes, can someone copy it here please, and has it changed from last year?
Sally
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Sally wrote:Has the prize fund/split been announced for the Men and Ladies yet? If yes, can someone copy it here please, and has it changed from last year?
No change from last year.
Big Jock Knew
Sally
Pub Champion

Post by Sally »

Ginge wrote:
Sally wrote:Has the prize fund/split been announced for the Men and Ladies yet? If yes, can someone copy it here please, and has it changed from last year?
Thanks. Where do I find a copy of the amounts?
Sally
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Sally wrote:
Ginge wrote:
http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/EventRes ... tKey=21470
Big Jock Knew
Sally
Pub Champion

Post by Sally »

Ginge wrote:
Sally wrote:
Ginge wrote:
http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/EventRes ... tKey=21470
Brilliant, thanks for that.
Sally
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

I see the BDO have told the DFA that they are not funding the air fares for Justin Thompson and Mal Cumming fr Lakeside...and they are not to happy....the DFA are funding it for them but I cannot see any Aussie representation again after this year's Lakeside....gradually becoming a UK and Dutch event again soon..
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

DARTS AUSTRALIA BDO LAKESIDE WORLD PROFESSIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Darts Australia was made aware on November 3 2018 via its two qualifiers Justin Thompson and Mal Cuming that the British Darts Organisation would not be funding Airfares and Accommodation for the 2019 BDO World Professional Championship held at the Lakeside Hotel Complex, Frimley Green, UK.

Both players received notification on November 2 2018.

Darts Australia received no prior notice or advice from the BDO that this funding was to be withdrawn prior to the players notifying Darts Australia.

Darts Australia is extremely disappointed that this decision has been made by the BDO following the conclusion of the Grand Prix year.

We have of course made representation to the BDO Board expressing our disappointment and concerns but to no avail.

The Directors of Darts Australia have however pledged support for both players and D.A will fund the airfare and assist with accommodation costs to allow Justin and Mal to take their rightful place at the BDO World Pro.

I’m sure you will join us in wishing Justin and Mal a safe journey to the UK and wish Justin, Mal and Corrine Hammond the best of fortunes on the Lakeside stage.

Kelvin James

On Behalf of Darts Australia Inc
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Dfa getting some stick on fanatics. Folks from UK don't get their travel paid. If they unhappy them you put on the wc! Etc.

Fine. But some players only qualify because they live in northern Europe. Let another country run it, like Australia, but then weigh the system in favour of that part of the world. Wonder how many top players in the bdo would then make it.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Another point.

If the bdo are so skint (as Paul implies on fanatics) why have they agreed to run the loss making masters and wdt for another 3yrs?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Road to BDO World Championships 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

devosteve wrote:Dfa getting some stick on fanatics. Folks from UK don't get their travel paid. If they unhappy them you put on the wc! Etc.

Fine. But some players only qualify because they live in northern Europe. Let another country run it, like Australia, but then weigh the system in favour of that part of the world. Wonder how many top players in the bdo would then make it.
Announcement that the 2 Aussie organisations are joining together in 5 4 3 ......

Also I love that Ian slates Sharon Butler for bringing up a point about the pdc and then uses that exact same point against someone 5 minute later
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

trotter wrote:I see the BDO have told the DFA that they are not funding the air fares for Justin Thompson and Mal Cumming fr Lakeside...and they are not to happy....the DFA are funding it for them but I cannot see any Aussie representation again after this year's Lakeside....gradually becoming a UK and Dutch event again soon..
I presume this applies to all non-European qualifiers and not just Australians?
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Addicks Fan wrote:
trotter wrote:I see the BDO have told the DFA that they are not funding the air fares for Justin Thompson and Mal Cumming fr Lakeside...and they are not to happy....the DFA are funding it for them but I cannot see any Aussie representation again after this year's Lakeside....gradually becoming a UK and Dutch event again soon..
According to Sharon butler it applies to everyone this year as the us players have been told the same and uk players have been told they dont have a free room this year
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
According to Sharon butler it applies to everyone this year as the us players have been told the same and uk players have been told they dont have a free room this year
I take it then that players are not obliged to stay at Lakeside and can simply just turn up at lakeside for whatever sessions they are due to play in?
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

daveboygreen wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:
I take it then that players are not obliged to stay at Lakeside and can simply just turn up at lakeside for whatever sessions they are due to play in?
They never have

Waites never stops at lakeside, he’s said before he hates being there any only turns up for the game and duzza started doing the same the first year he won it
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Why is Hammond only mentioned towards the end of that message? Were her flights never paid for before?

As for no players getting a free room, then its just a sign that Potter is putting less into it. He wont have a full hotel as if they arent getting it for free many will just stay elsewhere.

Off to the Indigo o2 for the 2020 event then.....
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:Why is Hammond only mentioned towards the end of that message? Were her flights never paid for before?

As for no players getting a free room, then its just a sign that Potter is putting less into it. He wont have a full hotel as if they arent getting it for free many will just stay elsewhere.

Off to the Indigo o2 for the 2020 event then.....
I was thinking that.
I'm sure I remember Paul mentioning about her last year round That the only way she could fund the trip was through some generous sponsorship and staying over here for a month taking in Egmond etc and some other events she had in the planning.