PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
DavidB
International

Re: PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Post by DavidB »

ChrisW wrote:Totally amazed that Dimitri is even on the stage at the moment after what he just told Arjan what he is going through in his personal life.

What did he say??
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

ssjsa wrote: But hey ho, on to tomorrow when the quality half of the Last 16 draw takes place. Expecting Wade and Ando to progress pretty comfortably, but think the other two matches will go close.
What? Harsh, and not necessarily true.
The Crusader
International

Re: RE: Re: PDC Grand Slam of Darts- 10th-18th November 2018- Wolverhampton

Post by The Crusader »

DavidB wrote:
ChrisW wrote:Totally amazed that Dimitri is even on the stage at the moment after what he just told Arjan what he is going through in his personal life.

What did he say??
Im guessing it refers to his girlfriends heart troubles.
Thinking of one.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

DavidB wrote:ssjsa writing Harms off again, there :grin:
I will be the first to congratulate Wesley should he beat Gary tomorrow, as I would if Dobbin, my daughter's rocking horse shits on my Living room carpet. ;-)

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

ssjsa wrote:
DavidB wrote:ssjsa writing Harms off again, there :grin:
I will be the first to congratulate Wesley should he beat Gary tomorrow, as I would if Dobbin, my daughter's rocking horse shits on my Living room carpet. ;-)
Lmao. Spurs have got more chance of winning there champions leauge group then harms has of beating Gary
teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

The Crusader wrote:
DavidB wrote:

What did he say??

Yeah, she was in a coma for some time and woke up just as he was stepping on the plane to Vienna.
MrLil8
Pub Champion

Post by MrLil8 »

If Durrant had qualified, he'd have made the final judging by the form of everyone tonight. He'd have comfortably disposed of Wright tonight.
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

Morning lads.

Some observations from what we've seen so far.

1. The winner will come from today's matches but it is not given that van Gerwen will do it this time around, (I'm not excluding a third final for Wade even if it'll come at Gary's expense).

2. Barney is finished for good.

3. Cross.... Wtf??? Garry Murphy should consider him for knob of the week at this point I'm afraid.

4. Dimitri for the Premier League!!!!

5. Expected a little bit more from Duzza this time around.

6. Let the Snakebite slide begin.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

teddybreak wrote:
The Crusader wrote:
DavidB wrote:

What did he say??

Yeah, she was in a coma for some time and woke up just as he was stepping on the plane to Vienna.

Blimey, poor guy and wish them both well. To play darts like he has in the past couple of weeks is immense!!!
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

phil davies wrote:I put three each ways on before the tournement Bunting, Mensur and Price. So hopefully all three win today and then I will have a 75% chance of making some good profit :)

Bunting 10-7 for this game me thinks.
phil davies wrote:Well done Dimi brilliant stuff :DDDD:
Glad he won.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

ssjsa wrote:
fling wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Ginge.
Thought he said he wouldn't run any more comps.
Ffs Chris, you have to spoil everything. :grin:

Was just wanting to see how long it took him to respond to my post. A lot longer than I expected as you got in before him.

Sparky is running this competition, with Fling doing the Worlds.

Can't remember if any one has volunteered for the UK Open, but we will be looking for a volunteer to run the PL one following Ginge posting that he will not be running any more.
I am quite happy to run PL comp. However as I am out every Thursday playing darts it would be Friday evening (possibly lunchtime) before I posted the results.
Hi fling.

Missed this at the time. But would be really appreciated if you could run this on behalf of the forum.

Thank you. :DDDD:
Not a problem. I will sort it all out when the time arrives.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

BeppeBergomi wrote:Morning lads.

Some observations from what we've seen so far.

1. The winner will come from today's matches but it is not given that van Gerwen will do it this time around, (I'm not excluding a third final for Wade even if it'll come at Gary's expense).

2. Barney is finished for good.

3. Cross.... Wtf??? Garry Murphy should consider him for knob of the week at this point I'm afraid.

4. Dimitri for the Premier League!!!!

5. Expected a little bit more from Duzza this time around.

6. Let the Snakebite slide begin.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I think so long as Dimitri has a good worlds hes going to be the PL over a Barney, another win puts him at 31st which would also take him out of MVGs half.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Christopher Kempf, the statistical analyst of the PDC, takes a look back at the record-breaking 2018 bwin Grand Slam of Darts group stage.

Losing the first match in one's Grand Slam group does not mark the end of a player's campaign.

Likewise, complacency over an initial win can often mean their downfall.

Even after a player has been conclusively eliminated from their group, they still have an extra £2,000 in ranking earnings to gain from finishing third in his group rather than second.

The group stage in the Grand Slam is often host to a number of remarkable performances for these reasons, but fans have witnessed an extraordinary display of thrilling matches and of records broken this year in particular.

Here are a just a few pioneering achievements of the past few days:

Highest televised average (personal records): Keegan Brown (102.06, 103.66), Ian White (104.64), Jonny Clayton (103.60)

The short format of group stage matches are conducive to high averages, as a 100 average is much more difficult to sustain over 50 legs than it is over five.

While White's record average in a 5-1 win over Steve Hine is a poor consolation for his double trouble and consequent elimination at the hands of Michael Unterbuchner, Brown broke his personal record twice, but lost both matches.

But Clayton's record average is the most impressive of the three, especially as he gave no indication of producing such a thrilling, world-class performance in his first or third matches in Group A.

Clayton has now set his overall PDC record average and TV record average in defeats of Michael van Gerwen, an achievement no other player in the PDC can claim for himself.

Second highest losing average in a group match: Michael van Gerwen (107.92)

Because the groups are selected in such a way as to prevent the best players from clashing too soon, the world number one would surely expect that an average of near 108 would comfortably trounce any opposition in the group.

Imagine Van Gerwen's surprise when his 107.92 average was suddenly overcome by the fabulous finishing of Clayton, who completed every checkout of under 100 that he attempted, hitting 5/8 doubles to punish three missed match darts from MvG.

Despite completing the first four legs in 10, 11, 12 and 13 darts, Van Gerwen could not win the fifth in 18 darts. Setting a new record for high losing average cost him the group winner's bonus of £2,500, and forced him into a tough second round match-up with Michael Smith. It is a record he will surely not want to break again.

2x 170 checkouts in a single match: Simon Whitlock

Van Gerwen is well known for having accomplished this rare feat in the 2012 Grand Slam quarterfinal, in which his two 170 finishes propelled him to a 16-12 win over Scott Waites.

What makes Whitlock's achievement - maximum finishes in the second and eighth legs of his group match against Van Gerwen - even more impressive is that it was done in fewer than one third as many legs as MvG needed against Waites to complete his two finishes, resulted in his highest-ever average at the Grand Slam (108.86), and was integral to a comeback from 4-1 behind his Welsh opponent to win 5-4, secure a place in the knockout round and eliminate BDO World Champion Glen Durrant. 

Ten 180s in a Grand Slam group match: Glen Durrant vs Gerwyn Price and Keegan Brown vs Wesley Harms

Seven 180s from an individual player in a Grand Slam group match: Gary Anderson, Gerwyn Price

Before this year, and after the completion of 528 group matches, no individual player had ever thrown more than six 180s in the group phase, and no match had ever seen more than nine.

These long-standing records were broken twice in the 2018 group stage.

While Price is well-known for being a prolific scorer of maximums, and Durrant has proven himself on innumerable occasions to be worthy of the title of Lakeside World Champion, the mark of 1.11 180s per leg played is still astonishing as it is three times higher than the average 180 rate seen in most PDC matches.

It was even more unexpected to witness from Harms and Brown, unheralded young players with no TV titles between them.

And while Price scored his seven 180s in nine legs, Gary Anderson needed only 6, a rate of 180-hitting which may not be equaled for years in a ranking match.

Had he continued to score 180s at the same rate over the distance of a World Championship final, the staggering figure of 50 or even 60 180s would have resulted.

Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

phil davies wrote:Should be some cracking games tonight hoping that Unterbuchner can preform well and push Wade. If MvG is gunna lose in this comp then it will be tonight IMO as the way he’s playing and with the further increase in legs can’t see anyone living with him from quarters onwards. Though I think he will win the event.
Unterbuchner playing Anderson bud - and he is going to get battered imo. Wade playing Harms. Looking at the draws I really fancy an MVG/Mensur final.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Murphio wrote:
phil davies wrote:Should be some cracking games tonight hoping that Unterbuchner can preform well and push Wade. If MvG is gunna lose in this comp then it will be tonight IMO as the way he’s playing and with the further increase in legs can’t see anyone living with him from quarters onwards. Though I think he will win the event.
Unterbuchner playing Anderson bud - and he is going to get battered imo. Wade playing Harms. Looking at the draws I really fancy an MVG/Mensur final.
Well done for getting it wrong codface
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Murphio wrote:
You might be right with the MVG vs Suljovic prediction for the final. But I can guarantee that Unterbuchner is not going to get battered by Gary. :grin:

Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

ssjsa wrote:
Murphio wrote:
You might be right with the MVG vs Suljovic prediction for the final. But I can guarantee that Unterbuchner is not going to get battered by Gary. :grin:
Jeez I made a right old mess with that didn't I. :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Sorry Phil.
Martin Legandowski
Steady Sixties

Post by Martin Legandowski »

Dzien dobry my friends

I am watching the Polska vs the Checks match with my good friend and next door person Garry. We are on the Zubrowka and for me it is bad news to see the 1-0 defeat.

I will not be using any more, how you say bad words as I have been warned by the private messaging of the Esbecja.

Garry has been telling me that ye mods cannot be giving me more of the banning as I am not breaking any rules, and although I am not understanding he has told me to tell ye mods to go take 2 fucks to yourselves.

I will be doing the postings during the Krzysztof match and doing lots of the laughing men when the Clayton is losing.
MrLil8
Pub Champion

Post by MrLil8 »

Fancy Clayton to nick this in a close one.
MrLil8
Pub Champion

Post by MrLil8 »

Some start from Clayts!