Barney Back With Ad Schoofs

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: Barney Back With Ad Schoofs

Post by Paddy McGinty »

and the Iron Fist wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Not me, I have always said that I am in favour of more diversity, the World cup was great, shame about the weather, I think this contributed to the small crowds, hopefully this will go ahead again next year.

Although one nation against the World will raise interest in the Country concerned it won't do a lot for me who can see the tournament for what it is. But maybe that's what the purpose of this exercise is all about.

Paddy

Paddy, this is the kind of thing that gets the Dutch public interested. Like I said, they're only interested in darts if they think they're the best (a little like their leading player come to think of it). So, if one is interested in having this tiny nation embrace the game then these kinds of exhibition events is what you have to give them. The Dutch public liked darts because they had a world champion. Beyond that they've shown they have no long-term interest in the sport.

Quick question for all those who blame Barry Hearn for 'not helping' darts in Holland: when has anybody from the Netherlands ever organized a major darting event outside of their own country or a worldwide tour for pro players? In short, what have they ever done, from an organiational perspective, for world darts? Given that the answer is 'very little' why is Barry Hearn, or anyone else, expected to bend over backwards to help darts in your own country?

No doubt I will get no good answers and only insults in response.
I do not think we should tar all Dutch players with the same brush just because one of their better players seems to have lost his way this year, I would like to know what a Dutch national thinks of your wild assumtions.

Paddy
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Tristan
Superleague Player

Post by Tristan »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
and the Iron Fist wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Not me, I have always said that I am in favour of more diversity, the World cup was great, shame about the weather, I think this contributed to the small crowds, hopefully this will go ahead again next year.

Although one nation against the World will raise interest in the Country concerned it won't do a lot for me who can see the tournament for what it is. But maybe that's what the purpose of this exercise is all about.

Paddy

Paddy, this is the kind of thing that gets the Dutch public interested. Like I said, they're only interested in darts if they think they're the best (a little like their leading player come to think of it). So, if one is interested in having this tiny nation embrace the game then these kinds of exhibition events is what you have to give them. The Dutch public liked darts because they had a world champion. Beyond that they've shown they have no long-term interest in the sport.

Quick question for all those who blame Barry Hearn for 'not helping' darts in Holland: when has anybody from the Netherlands ever organized a major darting event outside of their own country or a worldwide tour for pro players? In short, what have they ever done, from an organiational perspective, for world darts? Given that the answer is 'very little' why is Barry Hearn, or anyone else, expected to bend over backwards to help darts in your own country?

I do not think we should tar all Dutch players with the same brush just because one of their better players seems to have lost his way this year, I would like to know what a Dutch national thinks of your wild assumtions.

Paddy
I kindly invite you to look at my post on page 1.
and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Post by and the Iron Fist »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
and the Iron Fist wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Paddy

Paddy

I'm not talking about the Dutch players Paddy, i'm talking about the Dutch darts organizers, such as they are, who never get blamed for doing nothing for darts. It's always Barry Hearn's fault.

I think a Dutch national would find it hard to contradict anything I have said, but if they have their oranje-tinted glasses on they'll give it a good go.

"Ask not what darts can do for you, but what you can do for darts". might be a nice motto for some of the Dutch moaners to adopt.
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Tristan wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
and the Iron Fist wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Paddy

Paddy
I kindly invite you to look at my post on page 1.
As I thought Tristan.

Paddy
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

and the Iron Fist wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
and the Iron Fist wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Paddy

Paddy

I'm not talking about the Dutch players Paddy, i'm talking about the Dutch darts organizers, such as they are, who never get blamed for doing nothing for darts. It's always Barry Hearn's fault.

I think a Dutch national would find it hard to contradict anything I have said, but if they have their oranje-tinted glasses on they'll give it a good go.

"Ask not what darts can do for you, but what you can do for darts". might be a nice motto for some of the Dutch moaners to adopt.
I know your not but you did make a reference to Barney which is what I was referring to.
mancdart
The Ton Club

Post by mancdart »

Rudy wrote:
mancdart wrote:I hope schoofs brings his wallet to ally pally.
You know you can't fix what's broke(n)..... :crybaby2:
Oh ffs! :lol:

World class business man :lol: :lol: Get the players ****** paid.
mancdart
The Ton Club

Post by mancdart »

Karin wrote:
Me too
Do you think Ad will turn up at the alexandra palace? I hope the players dont sign up for that holland vs r.o.w clash as they probably wont get paid.
Karin
Brass Darts

Post by Karin »

mancdart wrote:
Karin wrote:
Me too
Do you think Ad will turn up at the alexandra palace? I hope the players dont sign up for that holland vs r.o.w clash as they probably wont get paid.
You mean masters of darts ? That was another organisation, not Ad.
Bigwilma
Pub Champion

Post by Bigwilma »

Bradders wrote:Why Barney thinks he can have success under the management of a man who ruined Dutch darts, I have no idea.
Bradders Ad Schoofs was the key man responsible for the IDL and WDT. He negotiated the television deals with SBS for the two tournaments and secured the sponsorship with Bavaria Topic and others. Ad Schoofs did more for Dutch darts by some considerable margin than your good self. The demise of the IDL and WDT are a result of SBS switching their broadcasting priorities, they pulled the wool over the eyes of Barry Hearn and the PDC who pulled out of the “Tired” 2008 tournaments believing that SBS were going to broadcast two PDC tournaments. Ad Schoofs was nothing but admirable in his dealing with all parties, SBS and the PDC were not, the PDC got what they deserved as SBS walked away, unfortunately Dutch darts was the real looser loosing two fantastic tournaments. Ad Schoofs contribution to Dutch Darts has been immense and I think its fantastic news that he’s working with Barney again hopefully it’ll see him return to form. Your comment regarding Ad is wrong as is the assertion made by others that he had anything to do with the masters of darts. How his contribution to the game can be questioned is beyond me but then again I’m not a numpty. :lol:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Bigwilma wrote:
Bradders wrote:Why Barney thinks he can have success under the management of a man who ruined Dutch darts, I have no idea.
Bradders Ad Schoofs was the key man responsible for the IDL and WDT. He negotiated the television deals with SBS for the two tournaments and secured the sponsorship with Bavaria Topic and others. Ad Schoofs did more for Dutch darts by some considerable margin than your good self. The demise of the IDL and WDT are a result of SBS switching their broadcasting priorities, they pulled the wool over the eyes of Barry Hearn and the PDC who pulled out of the “Tired” 2008 tournaments believing that SBS were going to broadcast two PDC tournaments. Ad Schoofs was nothing but admirable in his dealing with all parties, SBS and the PDC were not, the PDC got what they deserved as SBS walked away, unfortunately Dutch darts was the real looser loosing two fantastic tournaments. Ad Schoofs contribution to Dutch Darts has been immense and I think its fantastic news that he’s working with Barney again hopefully it’ll see him return to form. Your comment regarding Ad is wrong as is the assertion made by others that he had anything to do with the masters of darts. How his contribution to the game can be questioned is beyond me but then again I’m not a numpty. :lol:
Are you Dutch?
Big Jock Knew
Tristan
Superleague Player

Post by Tristan »

Bradders wrote:
Bigwilma wrote:
Are you Dutch?
Are you English?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Bigwilma wrote:
Bradders Ad Schoofs was the key man responsible for the IDL and WDT. He negotiated the television deals with SBS for the two tournaments and secured the sponsorship with Bavaria Topic and others. Ad Schoofs did more for Dutch darts by some considerable margin than your good self. The demise of the IDL and WDT are a result of SBS switching their broadcasting priorities, they pulled the wool over the eyes of Barry Hearn and the PDC who pulled out of the “Tired” 2008 tournaments believing that SBS were going to broadcast two PDC tournaments. Ad Schoofs was nothing but admirable in his dealing with all parties, SBS and the PDC were not, the PDC got what they deserved as SBS walked away, unfortunately Dutch darts was the real looser loosing two fantastic tournaments. Ad Schoofs contribution to Dutch Darts has been immense and I think its fantastic news that he’s working with Barney again :!: hopefully it’ll see him return to form. Your comment regarding Ad is wrong as is the assertion made by others that he had anything to do with the masters of darts. How his contribution to the game can be questioned is beyond me but then again I’m not a numpty. :lol:
:DDDD: :DDDD:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
dartsfan11
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfan11 »

great post by big wilma.

i just hope somehow the parties involved can bring back the world darts tropthy.
great comp and maybe have the top 4,6, 0r 8 dutchies in the euopean order of merit,
i cant see it being a cross event though now.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

dartsfan11 wrote:great post by big wilma.

i just hope somehow the parties involved can bring back the world darts tropthy.
great comp and maybe have the top 4,6, 0r 8 dutchies in the euopean order of merit,
It was a WDF tournament, you cant see it cross-code, yet you want the top Dutch players from the PDC European Order of Merit? :?: :?:

Or do you want the PDC to bring it back, rather than the WDF?
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

It was merely sanctioned by the wdf
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:It was merely sanctioned by the wdf
OK, but Dartsfan wants the top Dutchies from the Euro OoM involved in a new one if it came back, but yet cant see it being cross code. Those things contradict each other.
Big Jock Knew
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

Bradders wrote:

It was a WDF tournament, you cant see it cross-code, yet you want the top Dutch players from the PDC European Order of Merit? :?: :?:

Can't see the PDC bringing it back, they have enough tournaments at the moment & they aren't exactly getting many organisations to commit to long term sponsorship deals for their current tournaments
Tristan
Superleague Player

Post by Tristan »

hang the dj wrote:
Bradders wrote:

Can't see the PDC bringing it back, they have enough tournaments at the moment & they aren't exactly getting many organisations to commit to long term sponsorship deals for their current tournaments
I don't expect it either, but stranger things have happened. And it might be good for the PDC to have a major on non-UK (or Dublin) soil.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Tristan wrote:
hang the dj wrote:
Bradders wrote:

I don't expect it either, but stranger things have happened. And it might be good for the PDC to have a major on non-UK (or Dublin) soil.
They already have.
Big Jock Knew
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

Tristan wrote:
hang the dj wrote:
Bradders wrote:

They have the European Championships & I would think they would rather promote that than re-introduce an old WDF tournament