2019 Q-School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
26scored
Pub Champion

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by 26scored »

clemy1989 wrote:I do wonder if the pdc will increase the amount of tour cards on offer. Add another 48 to allow for the influx. Only makes 1 more round on pro tour events.
The 128 cards is already pretty generous. I don't see the need to add more at all. Already there are a fair few on the tour who are just not good enough and the majority of the new additions would be like them.

For what it's worth, I'd rather see them tinker with Q-School a bit, because in its current format it has some flaws. I would only give an automatic card to one winner each day, the rest should be going to the merit table. This would decrease the number of players who have one lucky day and get a card. Maybe have no outright cards at all at the Euro Q-School.

Also I think the PDC should look at distributing more tour cards to the secondary tours. This may be a bit extensive but I'd like to see the top 8 on the Challenge Tour and the top 4 on the Development Tour get a card.
clemy1989
The Ton Club

Post by clemy1989 »

Flowing unterbuchners success at the gsod so far, what do people think he will do? I personally think he should stay bdo and maybe do the euro tour events for a season. Then switch for 2020
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

clemy1989 wrote:Flowing unterbuchners success at the gsod so far, what do people think he will do? I personally think he should stay bdo and maybe do the euro tour events for a season. Then switch for 2020
Q-School......He would be silly not to
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

clemy1989 wrote:Flowing unterbuchners success at the gsod so far, what do people think he will do? I personally think he should stay bdo and maybe do the euro tour events for a season. Then switch for 2020
I think he should make the switch. His game is good at this moment, the opportunities for German players within the PDC are fantastic with all the available Euro tours and if he doesn't make it there's always the challenge tour or the possibility to return to the BDO circuit.

What does make it a bit tricky however, is that Euro q- school coincides with Lakeside.... I can imagine that being a difficult choice.
oche balboa
International

Re: Durrant confirms PDC move and goes to Q-School

Post by oche balboa »

clemy1989 wrote:Great news! Good luck Glen. Wonder what paddy mongoose and Oche etc think of it all. Will they be booing him at lakey
No i will not, Why would I?

He has his own choices in life, So does every other Darts player.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

He "Should" do what he thinks is right not what everyone wants & Expects

billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

oche balboa wrote:

He has already said previously in an interview on Facebook that he will stay in the BDO for another year to then go Q-School in 2020. Not really sure why. Maybe after this week may have changed his mind. Euro Q-School is an interesting one
PreciesJJ
The Ton Club

Post by PreciesJJ »

billyd wrote:
oche balboa wrote:

He has already said previously in an interview on Facebook that he will stay in the BDO for another year to then go Q-School in 2020. Not really sure why. Maybe after this week may have changed his mind. Euro Q-School is an interesting one
In an interview with Dutch TV yesterday, he said he might try Q-school this year.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

PreciesJJ wrote:
billyd wrote:
oche balboa wrote:

In an interview with Dutch TV yesterday, he said he might try Q-school this year.
Isn’t the European Q School same time as Lakeside this year.
JFT97
PreciesJJ
The Ton Club

Post by PreciesJJ »

Bag Carrier wrote:
PreciesJJ wrote:
billyd wrote:
oche balboa wrote:

Isn’t the European Q School same time as Lakeside this year.
Yes, that makes it difficult. If he is lucky, he has to play his first game at tuesday, so he can play 3 or 4 days of Q-school.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Have any of the European players at Lakeside actually asked the PDC if they can play in the UK one instead, given the clash?
Big Jock Knew
Paulefan
Feather Flights

Post by Paulefan »

Ginge wrote:Although maybe players should just keep their traps shut until after Lakeside. Avoid the frosty stares from the old fogey county officials in the players bar.
From the PDPA Homepage:

Membership Entry Deadlines are as follows:

All Full PDPA Membership subscriptions are required by 1st January 2019
European Q-School Entries Tuesday 1st January 2019 at 2pm
UK Q-School Entries Tuesday 8th January 2019 at 2pm
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paulefan wrote:
Ginge wrote:Although maybe players should just keep their traps shut until after Lakeside. Avoid the frosty stares from the old fogey county officials in the players bar.
From the PDPA Homepage:

Membership Entry Deadlines are as follows:

All Full PDPA Membership subscriptions are required by 1st January 2019
European Q-School Entries Tuesday 1st January 2019 at 2pm
UK Q-School Entries Tuesday 8th January 2019 at 2pm
I assume the list isnt made public until a day or so afterwards at the very least.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Best to be open about it. If small minded people want to be 'frosty' about it more fool them.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ChrisW wrote:Best to be open about it. If small minded people want to be 'frosty' about it more fool them.
absolutely this year. Des has opened the door for them to do it so I'm sure 90% are going to walk through it and try their luck, literally nothing to lose if you have even an ounce of ambition
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

I was thinking this what will happen if euro players go to the euro Qschool and don’t turn up at lakeside? How will they be replaced?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

deleted - got the dates wrong!
Last edited by Ginge on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Of course the BDO will be blamed

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ah, I see Ginge is on line, am I right in thinking you do DIsco's etc as a DJ? Wedding parties and that sort of shit? I might have literally just made that up, but its in my head that you do! If so I need advice!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:Ah, I see Ginge is on line, am I right in thinking you do DIsco's etc as a DJ? Wedding parties and that sort of shit? I might have literally just made that up, but its in my head that you do! If so I need advice!
Yes, send me a PM.
Big Jock Knew