Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Baswai
Brass Darts

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by Baswai »

Peter Wright should easily reach quarter final or even semi final with this draw. Furthermore I really hope De Zwaan can surprise against Cross if he wins his first round.

Looking to forward to see if Barney can continue his incredible World championship record lately in this extremely though quarter. Also some exciting first round matches in this quarter with decent in-form players.
ssjsa
International

Re: Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by ssjsa »

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Re: 2019 PDC World Championship- Alexandra Palace, London-13th December 2018- 1st January 2019

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

The Jolly Man wrote:
1205 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:46 pm
DavidB wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:24 pm
devosteve wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:13 pm Not sure. Folks have said he has said no ladies tour. I might be wrong but didn't he just say "incorrect" to someone else's post/tweet?

This sounds like when folks thought the two women qualifiers wouldn't be able to play at Lakeside also...

Richie Byrne
‏ @rbyrne180
Nov 24
Replying to @BarryHearn

Is a ladies PDC too much, just a query.
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Barry Hearn
‏Verified account @BarryHearn
Nov 24

No barriers. All about ability. One game. All welcome.

Mick Gallagher
‏ @MickGallagher18
Nov 24
Replying to @BarryHearn

Is the PDC. Finally having a Women’s World Darts Championship. ????
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Barry Hearn
‏Verified account @BarryHearn
Nov 24

No. We are an open sport. All about ability.

So he didn't literally tweet "no tour", but the open sport, all about ability makes it pretty clear what he thinks.
Of course, if somebody wanted to throw a few million their way to do it, I'm sure he'd change his mind.
I don’t think the ladies will get a tour at the same level as the pro tour which leads to stand alone tv events, they may however get a tour at the same level at the challenge Tour or development. In turn it would dwarf the BDO tour.

On the back of that they could end up with spots at the uk open, q-school and the 2 spots to the Worlds would remain.
They won’t ever get a tour same as the pro tour Barry wants that to be open

I think the only way they could do anything is a ladies tour alongside the development tour

20 tournaments across 5 weekends
Top gets a tour card and worlds place
Tournament for the other place for people who played in events
Top 8 or 16 get school entry
Every one free to play challenge tour as well like development people are.

DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ssjsa wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:03 pm

Interesting, so Trina Gulliver will be part of Sky Sports commentary/studio team during Ally Pally??
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

When was the last time if ever the defending PDC World Champion went out on the first day??
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

DavidB wrote:

Interesting, so Trina Gulliver will be part of Sky Sports commentary/studio team during Ally Pally??
I get they wanted a women but picking the one big person who didn’t go to the qualifiers after Hearn complained at people for not entering seems odd

Could have picked Deta who has history in doing a bit of comms or even one of the younger players
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:39 pm
DavidB wrote:

I get they wanted a women but picking the one big person who didn’t go to the qualifiers after Hearn complained at people for not entering seems odd

Could have picked Deta who has history in doing a bit of comms or even one of the younger players

Yes Deta would have been ideal.

Isn’t Trina sponsored by Finder? Perhaps she would have gone had she not been obliged to go to Italy...
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

DavidB wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:38 pm When was the last time if ever the defending PDC World Champion went out on the first day??
John part to bill Davis in 2009 I think
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:39 pm
DavidB wrote:

Another option would have perhaps been one of the younger ladies top players that attended to give their insight into the ladies side of the game and promote the ladies game...Fallon or Casey perhaps?
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

foggs3355 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:54 pm
DavidB wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:38 pm When was the last time if ever the defending PDC World Champion went out on the first day??
John part to bill Davis in 2009 I think

Yes good shout!
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:50 am
DavidB wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:49 am
Ginge wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:48 am
DavidB wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:46 am High ratio of players to get through vs the number of players taking part - might as well go the whole way and have all 128 tour card holders at Ally Pally in a flat 128 draw :grin:
Been saying for years that all TC holders should be guaranteed a spot in a TV event by virtue of actually winning one as it would add more value to it, although with the UK Open changes this now seems to be happening.

No problem with that in the UK Open but not in the World Championship...
Should let the top X players (X being 16, 32...whatever) on the secondary tours enter today as well, imo.
It's not a true World Championship unless everyone in the world plays in it.........
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

MancheStar wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:23 pm If the pdc could have hand picked the 2 female players I’m 100% sure they would have picked Ana and Lisa.
Please enlighten us further with your in-depth and penetrating analysis.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:39 pm Could have picked Deta who has history in doing a bit of comms or even one of the younger players
They must have heard it. :IIII:
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

With all respect to Deta, she is not a great pundit to be honest, Trina is a good choice. And anyway, her being used is nothing to do with Hearn, Just Sky. I hope she does quite a bit and not just the ladies games. And I hope one of the women win one match, that would be good fun for the Sky Hype machine!
Definitely a move to get women more involved in darts, as of course Sky are doing across all sports, and of course quite rightly!

but whats next, women posting on here? surely not! what ever next !! Lol
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

2009 John Part
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

LISA ASHTON will make a dream come true when she makes her Alexandra Palace debut at the William Hill World Darts Championship.

Ashton qualified for darts' biggest-ever event by winning the UK & Ireland Women's Qualifier in Milton Keynes on Sunday, joining Rest of the World Women's Qualifier Anastasia Dobromyslova in the 96 player field.

The four-time Lakeside Women's Champion will face Dutchman Jan Dekker in the first round for the right to play 19th seed Mervyn King, and Ashton can't wait to grace the Ally Pally stage for the first time.

"It's a dream come true, I'm over the moon," said Ashton, who lost just five legs in seven games at the qualifier.

"I’m so chuffed to get through, there were so many top ladies playing in the qualifier and the quality was excellent.

"For me this is a massive win and it’s an amazing opportunity to play the men at Ally Pally.

"It been such an amazing day, everything has been brilliant and to come out on top at the end is everything I could have hoped for.

"We’ll (Anastasia) be flying the flag for ladies darts and hopefully we can do everyone proud."

The William Hill World Darts Championship will be broadcast through the dedicated Sky Sports Darts channel, which will also feature exclusive documentaries and classic footage alongside the Ultra HD coverage of the tournament.

A limited number of tickets remain available for sale through pdc.seetickets.com. 

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Some die hard Fanatics are very concerned that Hearn is using the women just for publicity, but those who have qualified seem more than happy to be given a chance regardless of the future.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

markymark wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:25 pm Some die hard Fanatics are very concerned that Hearn is using the women just for publicity, but those who have qualified seem more than happy to be given a chance regardless of the future.
The same "Fanatics" who want equal prize money for women?
Well, they have that in this event.

The same "Fanatucs" who aren't fanatical enough to attend the WDT or The Masters.
Strange.

The same "Fanatics" who demanded the PDC qualifying rules be changed after the fact to include Ashton in the GSoD are now complaining about her being in a PDC tournament?
They hate getting their way.

You'd be hard pushed to find a more moronic set of hypocrites on the internet.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
markymark wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:25 pm Some die hard Fanatics are very concerned that Hearn is using the women just for publicity, but those who have qualified seem more than happy to be given a chance regardless of the future.

The same "Fanatucs" who aren't fanatical enough to attend the WDT or The Masters.
Strange.

The same "Fanatics" who demanded the PDC qualifying rules be changed after the fact to include Ashton in the GSoD are now complaining about her being in a PDC tournament?

I wonder if Paul will slate double finish the same way he has slated this place now they are flooding the group with crap?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:23 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:

Strange.

I wonder if Paul will slate double finish the same way he has slated this place now they are flooding the group with crap?
He'll love the faux support.