Thank you Unicorn

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
oche balboa
International

Re: Thank you Unicorn

Post by oche balboa »

nikkiboy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:24 pm Oche is the reason why brother and sister should not be allowed to marry.

But your mom shagged a goat for you to be born
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
J Y Kelly
Pub Champion

Post by J Y Kelly »

ssjsa wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:26 pm
oche balboa wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:20 pm I didn’t ask for a prize, unicorn can suck ass
I didn't suggest you did, but merely pointed out that those hundreds of prizes donated by Unicorn over the last 7 years, have been good value for those lucky enough to have received them. :WWWW:
Yes, getting a set of darts for free is good value now I think about it. Are you Milton Friedman?
There's a homo fae Fife whom plays the game
and oh what a bummer , Stevie's the name
No man sais he , shall stand in his way
He'll make them bend over, because he is a gay
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

nikkiboy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:07 pm As John said all good things must come to an end, we'll have a mooch about and see if we can get someone else to give some prizes, Unicorn were effectively giving away over £500 retail of goods every competition and that was always unsustainable as costs rise and margins get squeezed.
Edward and Matt have looked after us well for seven years and we are extremely grateful for their support over that period.

On the plus side Oche has said he has an uneaten pack of crayons he'll donate for the World Championships so we'll have at least one prize :)
If we can't get a donation of prizes then one option would be an entry fee (£5 or £10) and to pay out the funds to the top 3 as appropriate.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

fling wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:07 pm As John said all good things must come to an end, we'll have a mooch about and see if we can get someone else to give some prizes, Unicorn were effectively giving away over £500 retail of goods every competition and that was always unsustainable as costs rise and margins get squeezed.
Edward and Matt have looked after us well for seven years and we are extremely grateful for their support over that period.

On the plus side Oche has said he has an uneaten pack of crayons he'll donate for the World Championships so we'll have at least one prize :)
If we can't get a donation of prizes then one option would be an entry fee (£5 or £10) and to pay out the funds to the top 3 as appropriate.
Not a terrible idea. The lurkers not likely to part with hard earned cash.
Big Jock Knew
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Post by mshaw2 »

ssjsa wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:04 pm
mshaw2 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:42 pm Unicorn products are awful.

Pretty broad statement. Which products have you bought and been disappointed with.
Most of them. I usually throw them in the bin after an hour.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

mshaw2 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:41 pm

Pretty broad statement. Which products have you bought and been disappointed with.
I've seen a lot of people do that with many a darts companies darts, nowt like a good hissy fit after practice has gone bad. ;-)
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:15 pm
fling wrote:

Are you joking, I had trouble getting a fiver off 7 people for the fantasy football.
Even got one in the post ffs. It will never work.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

BlueSpark wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:03 pm
fling wrote:

Are you joking, I had trouble getting a fiver off 7 people for the fantasy football.
Even got one in the post ffs. It will never work.
Oche doesn't know how online banking works, in fairness.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:45 pm
mshaw2 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:41 pm

I've seen a lot of people do that with many a darts companies darts, nowt like a good hissy fit after practice has gone bad. ;-)
Don't waste your time Wubba, he has only posted on the forum for trolling purposes, much like his fellow refugees from other forums.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

J Y Kelly wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:45 pm
ssjsa wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:26 pm
oche balboa wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:20 pm I didn’t ask for a prize, unicorn can suck ass
I didn't suggest you did, but merely pointed out that those hundreds of prizes donated by Unicorn over the last 7 years, have been good value for those lucky enough to have received them. :WWWW:
Yes, getting a set of darts for free is good value now I think about it. Are you Milton Friedman?
No. ;-)

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

fling wrote:

Neither will the regulars.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Not against the idea of paying in.

Only issues I see are getting all monies in before start, secondly members already question the points in a free comp could you imagine the volunteer getting all the grief if money was involved.
Thinking of one.
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

Im nearly sure promotional items / give away s are tax deductibles ! Look forward to one 80 darts taking the forum forward , :WWWW:
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Unicorn have been nothing but generous with the members of this site.

And now we can also thank them for getting rid of the lurkers.
JOEY
Pub Champion

Post by JOEY »

Thanks unicorn for the years of great support and generosity, very appreciated
JOEY
Pub Champion

Post by JOEY »

I don't join in much here, I enter most comps and when I need to know something I post and ask, I'm probably on the list of being a 'lurker' then but whatever. I have been reading this forum from the start, the original version including when it was just a message board and I also was on the original Taylor forum, Unicorn have been giving stuff away since then so it's a shame they are pulling out, I'd hate for the prediction comps to stop, to help make sure one happens for the world's I would like to donate a £ 50 quid prize to the winner or however the person who runs it sees fit... I'd volunteer to do it but my shitty work pattern over the Xmas period really is to busy sorry
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:05 pm Unicorn have been nothing but generous with the members of this site.

There will be more comps and more prizes so we can guarantee they and yourself will stay.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

JOEY wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:55 pm I don't join in much here, I enter most comps and when I need to know something I post and ask, I'm probably on the list of being a 'lurker' then but whatever. I have been reading this forum from the start, the original version including when it was just a message board and I also was on the original Taylor forum, Unicorn have been giving stuff away since then so it's a shame they are pulling out, I'd hate for the prediction comps to stop, to help make sure one happens for the world's I would like to donate a £ 50 quid prize to the winner or however the person who runs it sees fit... I'd volunteer to do it but my shitty work pattern over the Xmas period really is to busy sorry
That is an incredibly generous and appreciated offer Joey, thank you so much for that.

It means a lot to have members like yourself make such an offer, but hopefully we can source prizes without having to take you up on your kind offer.

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:05 pm Unicorn have been nothing but generous with the members of this site.

Stop arseliking
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
teddybreak
The Ton Club

Post by teddybreak »

Thanks to Unicorn for their generosity over the years.

Hopefully the competitions will continue (looks like it, reading this thread), with or without prizes.