Visa issues Cadby

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
fling
County Player

Re: Visa issues Cadby

Post by fling »

Duneh9617 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:11 am
Stranbougie wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:04 am Criminals not getting visas to work in the UK .

I don't see how this is a bad thing .
No forgiveness in your book then? Dear, ooh Lord. I'll rue the day you ever make a mistake.
A mistake is something like putting diesel into a petrol tank whereas committing theft amongst his other misdemeanours are slightly more than mistakes.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Lots of people hate to see others doing well and love the chance to see them fail. Any rational person would say for Cadby to lose his entire career because of the past would be massively disproportionate.

They would of course take a totally different view if it was say a star player for the football team they support or a close friend or family member.
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

Astonvilla wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:18 am Lots of people hate to see others doing well and love the chance to see them fail. Any rational person would say for Cadby to lose his entire career because of the past would be massively disproportionate.

They would of course take a totally different view if it was say a star player for the football team they support or a close friend or family member.
Hi Astonvilla , I would deem this incorrect . Plenty of people have lost their jobs for mistakes in their past , myself included. Did I cry when i got sacked after 10 years in the same job , no i didnt , i had to man up and get another career . I suggest Cadby do the same.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Didnt he come in on the wrong visa to begin with?
Big Jock Knew
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Hardly the same given I assume you could get another job with similar pay. For someone to lose an entire sporting career is excessive and i have to wonder why anyone would deem that fair. Jealousy springs to mind.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Astonvilla wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:11 pm Hardly the same given I assume you could get another job with similar pay. For someone to lose an entire sporting career is excessive and i have to wonder why anyone would deem that fair. Jealousy springs to mind.
Had he not tried to cheat the system and come in on the wrong visa the first time, people may have more sympathy.
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Astonvilla wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:11 pm Hardly the same given I assume you could get another job with similar pay. For someone to lose an entire sporting career is excessive and i have to wonder why anyone would deem that fair. Jealousy springs to mind.
Excessive ?

Tell me, how many times can a person break the law before you deem it excessive ?
Cadby has more than one "mistake" on his record....thats called form.

I like Cadby as a player, but he broke the laws and you cannot just disregard the past when it suits you.
You cannot break laws, get a record . then enter another country on a supposed invalid visa, then expect people to feel sorry for him when authorities clamp down.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Ginge wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:58 am Didnt he come in on the wrong visa to begin with?
I heard he misused his original visa when he started doing exhibition work, plus failed to disclose his previous crimes on original visa application

That’s why the uk government still hasn’t issued him a visa.

I’m sure Mac can come on and say that’s all bullshit
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

Yes you have hit the nail on the head what a jealous cunt I am.
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

TheSandman wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:00 pm
Ginge wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:58 am Didnt he come in on the wrong visa to begin with?
I heard he misused his original visa when he started doing exhibition work, plus failed to disclose his previous crimes on original visa application

But but but we are denying him his chance at a sporting career , doesnt matter if he didnt follow correct process or lied on a visa application we should let him into work anyway !
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Duneh9617 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:11 am
Stranbougie wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:04 am Criminals not getting visas to work in the UK .

I don't see how this is a bad thing .
No forgiveness in your book then? Dear, ooh Lord. I'll rue the day you ever make a mistake.
Forgiveness is irrelevant.
When it comes to visas, consider whether the country will benefit from them being here, and whether the risk of harm is worth it.
A past criminal history in Australia could be less of an issue than lying on an application and overstaying a visa. Some people just aren't worth it.

If dealing with criminality of a British citizen, it's different, because they aren't Somebody Else's Problem.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Stranbougie wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:19 pm

But but but we are denying him his chance at a sporting career , doesnt matter if he didnt follow correct process or lied on a visa application we should let him into work anyway !
Is it a criminal offence to lie on a visa application form?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

nikkiboy wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:41 pm
Stranbougie wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Is it a criminal offence to lie on a visa application form?
Its not recommended .

These things are only ever a problem if you get caught.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Also not a good idea to tick the wrong box by mistake :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-45678517
Big Jock Knew
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Garry Murphy wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:05 pm
Excessive ?

Tell me, how many times can a person break the law before you deem it excessive ?
Cadby has more than one "mistake" on his record....thats called form.

I like Cadby as a player, but he broke the laws and you cannot just disregard the past when it suits you.
You cannot break laws, get a record . then enter another country on a supposed invalid visa, then expect people to feel sorry for him when authorities clamp down.
Certainly Garry, You cannot just disregard the past when it suits you as you remind others on a regular basis on your blog...Nor can you in your own personal life....Just remember that eh!!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hic!
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So whats happening then?

Seems he cant do the full Australian tour unless he gives up his Tour Card...which he hasnt done.
Big Jock Knew
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

So he is not slated for the first couple of PC events so he must be still waiting and waiting. It shouldn’t take this long in any country.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Guy's a crim.

Should be sent to the penal colony of Australia.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Dannyboy wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:05 am So he is not slated for the first couple of PC events so he must be still waiting and waiting. It shouldn’t take this long in any country.
There are some 12 month minimum bans, for example for long (>30 day) overstays. He was in the 2018 UK Open final in March. So, he could have entry delayed at least until March 2019.