Lancashire county

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: Lancashire county

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:53 pm Whooshed with your very first post on a forum, amazing scenes.
And Gaz piles on :)
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Ginge wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:53 pm Whooshed with your very first post on a forum, amazing scenes.
A new member is more likely to be whooshed to be fair.

However most "new members" on here are not really new members if you know what I mean
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:56 pm
And Gaz piles on :)
Think he was laughing at the newbie being whooshed straight off the bat, tbh.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Anyway, back to the OP...surely someone can take a look at the Fanatics to see if this news is true or not. Easy way to spot: if Paul has piled in, its a load of balls. If he's as quiet as a mouse, it's true.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

No news on Fanatics as of a couple of hours ago.
Little Lonely Garry
International

BlueSpark wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:08 pm No news on Fanatics as of a couple of hours ago.
Mourning period ?
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Fanatics currently discussing why a Paula post has been deleted. She's furious.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

markymark wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:04 pm Fanatics currently discussing why a Paula post has been deleted. She's furious.
"Yer complete set of bastards, yer!"
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

markymark wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:04 pm Fanatics currently discussing why a Paula post has been deleted. She's furious.

did paula use the same account that the bdo chairman uses for official releases yet again ?
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Garry Murphy wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:17 pm

did paula use the same account that the bdo chairman uses for official releases yet again ?
Of course. It might have been deleted now, The Boss was questioning who posted it so he knew how to respond. They were spamming one of their comps again.
Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Post by Tommy Thompson »

On the 11th October, 2018. Due to a change in my families circumstances, which I am not prepared to go into, and my ongoing health issues, as well as the fact I am 68 years old, I made for me one of the hardest decisions I have had to make concerning Lancashire Darts or in fact my life. I sent the following communication to the executive of The County.

Dear Executive Committee,

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided not to seek re-election at the 2019 Annual General meeting of the Lancashire Darts Organisation.

My personal circumstances have altered greatly, and my ability to give 100% to Lancashire Darts, is the reason for my resignation to take effect at the conclusion of this current season.

I would be prepared to continue to produce the match programme for County matches and will take the results in on a Sunday when available, I will not be available for any future county matches home or away, or to represent Lancashire at BDO/England meetings forthwith, however should the Lancashire ex-committee wish to take this resignation as from immediate effect, then I will acquis to this decision, with no hard feelings on my behalf.

I would like to take this last opportunity in thanking all the committee the players and supporters of Lancashire, whom I have spent my life with, and precious friendships that myself and my family have enjoyed. After 30 years as Chairman and 40 years odd as a committee member, I can hold my head high, that Lancashire Darts has been at the forefront of BDO darts, and its internal organisation systems are without doubt the finest in the BDO.

Yours Sincerely
Tommy Thompson

After a couple of months where I was asked to reconsider, Dave Marcroft told the players at the Glamorgan game last weekend in a written letter stating that they had acceptaed that it was up to me to decide how and when to leave and they were pleased that I would continue to do the match programme and take in the super league results which are posted on the website on Sunday afternoons.

For the people who are attempting to make mischief out of this, you do Lancashire Darts, or the sport of darts no favours. I will not make any further comment on this matter.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

So Tommy stood down for his own reasons, the opening poster looking like a prat and I would wager not for the first time.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Post by Tommy Thompson »

It is very sad that I find myself having to defend a situation which is wholly untrue. On 11th October, 2018, I decided that due to continuing health issues, and the fact that I am 68 years old, and “an old age pensioner”, more importantly having responsibility for my 4 year old grandson, it became evident to me that something in my life had to change. This is probably as hard a decision as I have had to make, but for the right reasons.

Dear Executive Committee,
It is with a heavy heart that I have decided not to seek re-election at the 2019 Annual General meeting of the Lancashire Darts Organisation.

My personal circumstances have altered greatly, and my ability to give 100% to Lancashire Darts, is the reason for my resignation to take effect at the conclusion of this current season.

I would be prepared to continue to produce the match programme for County matches and will take the results in on a Sunday when available, I will not be available for any future county matches home or away, or to represent Lancashire at BDO/England meetings forthwith, however should the Lancashire ex-committee wish to take this resignation as from immediate effect, then I will acquis to this decision, with no hard feelings on my behalf.

I would like to take this last opportunity in thanking all the committee the players and supporters of Lancashire, whom I have spent my life with, and precious friendships that myself and my family have enjoyed. After 30 years as Chairman and 40 years odd as a committee member, I can hold my head high, that Lancashire Darts has been at the forefront of BDO darts, and its internal organisation systems are without doubt the finest in the BDO.

Yours Sincerely
Tommy Thompson

At the Glamorgan game over the weekend Dave gave a written communication to all the players, after asking me to reconsider since I sent the letter to them. I am continuing to do the match programme and take the match results in on a Sunday afternoon as usual, as this is work I can do from my home.

For the person who has posted this untruth, you and the fellow contributors do no favours for either Lancashire Darts or in fact darts in general, but like the saying goes don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story. This is the last post I will make on this issue.
Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Post by Tommy Thompson »

Sorry for the double post thought I had deleted the first one by mistake.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Oh dear, so not sacked then as first posted.
How embarrassing :DDD:
Fat Apples
Feather Flights

Post by Fat Apples »

BlueSpark wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:48 pm Oh dear, so not sacked then as first posted.
Nice bit of spin. The bloke was told to resign as chairman or he would be sacked. Jumped before he was pushed. Forced out, effectively sacked.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Fat Apples wrote:
BlueSpark wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:48 pm Oh dear, so not sacked then as first posted.
Nice bit of spin. The bloke was told to resign as chairman or he would be sacked. Jumped before he was pushed. Forced out, effectively sacked.
Beep beep!!
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Haha Bradders has backed the wrong horse again
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Haha Bradders has backed the wrong horse again
I think your reading comprehension skills have failed you again.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Some folks don't like TT. Their choice.

but at least get facts correct and back up statements. Or say this is a rumour or my opinion.

he's got family issues. He is 68. He has ongoing health problems. Give the guy a break.

He say he has resigned. Unless proof shown to the contrary them I believe him.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.