Lancashire county

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Fat Apples
Feather Flights

Re: Lancashire county

Post by Fat Apples »

He was told to resign or he would be sacked. That's sacked in my book. The committe did him a favour. He can spin it any way he wants. Bet he won't comment on the sponsorship money. He will be outed from England by the counties at the next England AGM. You can't have a Chairman not connected to a county.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Fat Apples wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:29 pm He was told to resign or he would be sacked.
So he wasn't sacked then
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Fat Apples
Feather Flights

Post by Fat Apples »

nikkiboy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:09 pm
Fat Apples wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:29 pm He was told to resign or he would be sacked.
So he wasn't sacked then
Being forced to resign is to all intents and purposes getting the sack.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Whats all this about sponsorship money?
Fat Apples
Feather Flights

Post by Fat Apples »

BlueSpark wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:23 pm Whats all this about sponsorship money?
Why don't you ask Tommy?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Er, because he is not here?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Fat Apples wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:29 pm He was told to resign or he would be sacked. That's sacked in my book. The committe did him a favour. He can spin it any way he wants. Bet he won't comment on the sponsorship money. He will be outed from England by the counties at the next England AGM. You can't have a Chairman not connected to a county.
Why not? It's probably better to have a chairman who is not connected to any one county as a conflict of interests could occur.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Fat Apples wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:19 pm
nikkiboy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:09 pm
So he wasn't sacked then
Being forced to resign is to all intents and purposes getting the sack.
I know in this particular instance Employment law is not neccessarily applicable, but the circumstances you allude to, is more commonly known as constructive dismissal. ;-)

Resignation is a decision by an individual to leave their current post or employment because they no longer wish to continue their association with that business or organisation.

Sacking is being removed due to that business or organisation no longer wishing to continue with your services.

Would suggest you research current Employment law which clearly defines the differentiation between the 2. :WWWW:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Fat Apples
Feather Flights

Post by Fat Apples »

BlueSpark wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:32 pm Er, because he is not here?
PM him then. I am sure Mr honest and above board say it as it is man will fill you in on the details.
Fat Apples
Feather Flights

Post by Fat Apples »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:50 pm
Fat Apples wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:29 pm He was told to resign or he would be sacked. That's sacked in my book. The committe did him a favour. He can spin it any way he wants. Bet he won't comment on the sponsorship money. He will be outed from England by the counties at the next England AGM. You can't have a Chairman not connected to a county.
Why not? It's probably better to have a chairman who is not connected to any one county as a conflict of interests could occur.
Because England Darts own rules don't allow it.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Mr Apple is the worst poster on this forum, And there is strong competiton
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Fat Apples wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:16 pm When news of the sponsorship money breaks you will all change your tunes. No one in Lancashire is sad to see him go.
Hi London Eye!!
Fat Apples
Feather Flights

Post by Fat Apples »

oche balboa wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:17 pm Mr Apple is the worst poster on this forum, And there is strong competiton
U ok hun x
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Correct. See Lincolnshire for details.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:35 pm
Correct. See Lincolnshire for details.
Show me where it says it......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Tommy is rubbish and was sacked please believe me wahhhh wahhhh wahhhh. etc etc until fade.
Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Post by Tommy Thompson »

The fishing line is out again, from the person with an IQ rating of that less than a pencil.
Sponsorship ???
Please enlighten!!! again with facts rather than fairy stories. The only major sponsors Lancashire has is Target Darts, which I solely negotiated 6 years ago and is still in place, the County Venue, the Events venue, and a few bits and bobs for the programme adverts. Please note Lancashire and England sponsorships are different and not in conflict with each other.

As for my continued position in England, each September there is a vote by the members, who decide, secondly at this time I haven’t made any statement about standing for re-election, or resigning, like every company director once a year, they like me, will see what their personal situation is, nearer the time, and inform the company of their intentions in the normal way, according to companies law. I am confident that whatever situation the members find themselves in next September; they will evaluate the information available, and make the right decision in the best interests of the company.

I am pleased to announce that England after a protracted tendering process, the Government of the Isle of Man have awarded the contract for running the Isle of Man Festival of Darts, for a minimum of the next 3 years, with an option to extend. This brings into the BDO system in the region of £100,000 prize money, and secures the future of one of the longest and most famous events in the calendar.

Just as important the revenue of the event brings upwards of £1,000,000 into the economy of the Island each year, giving a welcome boost to securing continued employment on the Island.
Last edited by Tommy Thompson on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Yes, we saw the quality poster that you put on Fanatics
Let's refresh our memories :DDD: :DDD:
IMG_0977.JPG
IMG_0977.JPG (136.8 KiB) Viewed 1829 times
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

My eyes!!!!!!
Big Jock Knew
Fat Apples
Feather Flights

Post by Fat Apples »

BlueSpark wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:22 am Yes, we saw the quality poster that you put on Fanatics
Let's refresh our memories :DDD: :DDD:

IMG_0977.JPG
England should have sacked him on the spot for that disgrace! One of a long list of embarresments from him. Teflon Tom where England are concerned though.