Reinier
The Ton Club

European tour qualifiying

Post by Reinier »

The Jolly Man
County Player

Re: European tour qualifiying

Post by The Jolly Man »

So if your a Brit and not a tour card holder you can’t enter these now?

The European (though only west and south regions) tour card holders have there own qualifier for six spaces? But then can’t enter the regional qualifier

Where would say Labanauskas or Ratajski play if they are tour card holders?
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

The Jolly Man wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:23 am So if your a Brit and not a tour card holder you can’t enter these now?

The European (though only west and south regions) tour card holders have there own qualifier for six spaces? But then can’t enter the regional qualifier

Easy same as this year
Labanauskas plays Nordics & Baltic’s for 1 space
Ratajski plays East Europe for 1 space
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

The Jolly Man wrote:So if your a Brit and not a tour card holder you can’t enter these now?

British Non tour card holders couldn’t play last year
Kinks
Steady Sixties

Post by Kinks »

For the Nordic and Eastern Europe Qualifiers to grow the game further in these regions i think there’s a strong argument for there to be be 2 qualifying spots per region, especially given the form that Ratajski and Darius have shown this year or even have just the one extra spot for these areas and have it rotate per tournament.
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

Kinks wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:12 pm For the Nordic and Eastern Europe Qualifiers to grow the game further in these regions i think there’s a strong argument for there to be be 2 qualifying spots per region, especially given the form that Ratajski and Darius have shown this year or even have just the one extra spot for these areas and have it rotate per tournament.
Nordic/Baltic ET qualifiers for next year have already started with just the one qualifier per event. We couldn't have predicted Larsson and Labanauskas to do what they have done, but still, it's long been a fairly promising region, should have at least two ET spots. At least they added a Danish event last year, just as they are adding a Czech event this coming year for the Eastern European lads, but it's still an opportunity missed
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:17 pm
The Jolly Man wrote:So if your a Brit and not a tour card holder you can’t enter these now?

They could if they were ranked in the top 32 Brits and Irish in the Challenge Tour OoM. Barnard and Cammie both played a few, although they were hampered by a few CT/ET clashes (similar to Ratajski). Non-Brits/Irish, regardless of where they did Q-School, could enter ET qualifiers regardless
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

I thought I was missing something, but it really does seem as if British/Irish non-tour card holders can't enter. Hardly seems fair, and it looks like a massive incentive for players from outside Europe to go to the Euro Q-School
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:17 pm

The top 30 from the uk q-school could play the qualifiers I think.

The south and west European tour card holders now have a qualifier on the Fridays before the pro tours. However if say Labanauskas gets a card he will still have to go to the Scandinavian events to get into euro events despite being at venue for the pro tours.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:03 pm I thought I was missing something, but it really does seem as if British/Irish non-tour card holders can't enter. Hardly seems fair, and it looks like a massive incentive for players from outside Europe to go to the Euro Q-School
I don’t think they could go to the euro qualifiers though. They won’t actually be from one of the regions
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

Honestly, I don't think these qualifying criteria are fair. Not by a long range. If I'm correct, there will be 42 european tour card holders this year, which adds up to 86 tour card holders from the uk and rest of the world. So 42 players will have to battle for 6 qualifying spots, while potentially 86 players would play for 18 spots (admitted, challenge tour players can qualify as well). But surely two more spots should be handed to the europeans, on the european tour for goodness sake! Their chances are quite a bit smaller in this qualifying system.
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Duneh9617 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:22 pm Honestly, I don't think these qualifying criteria are fair. Not by a long range. If I'm correct, there will be 42 european tour card holders this year, which adds up to 86 tour card holders from the uk and rest of the world. So 42 players will have to battle for 6 qualifying spots, while potentially 86 players would play for 18 spots (admitted, challenge tour players can qualify as well). But surely two more spots should be handed to the europeans, on the european tour for goodness sake! Their chances are quite a bit smaller in this qualifying system.
Assuming all 5 RoW players choose UK qualifying (do they get a choice?) it's about 72+32 for 18 spots (taking out current seeds as well as Gary Anderson), then (for 7/13 events in Germany), it's 29 (42 Europeans minus 3 seeds, 2 EE, 3 NB and 5 HN) players playing for 6 places, as well as however many European associates playing for 2 spaces. We won't know how 'fair' it is until we see the kind of numbers there'll be for associate qualifying, but I guess if it's harsh on anyone, it would be the UK associates (though really if you don't get top 32 in the Challenge Tour, do you deserve your place in ET qualifying?)
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

S/W European TC qualifying for Gibraltar, Copenhagen and Prague would have 34 players, the two Austrian events would have 36, and interestingly the Dutch event would get 15 players playing for 6 places. Good times to be a European tour card holder
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:14 am
Duneh9617 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:22 pm Honestly, I don't think these qualifying criteria are fair. Not by a long range. If I'm correct, there will be 42 european tour card holders this year, which adds up to 86 tour card holders from the uk and rest of the world. So 42 players will have to battle for 6 qualifying spots, while potentially 86 players would play for 18 spots (admitted, challenge tour players can qualify as well). But surely two more spots should be handed to the europeans, on the european tour for goodness sake! Their chances are quite a bit smaller in this qualifying system.
Assuming all 5 RoW players choose UK qualifying (do they get a choice?) it's about 72+32 for 18 spots (taking out current seeds as well as Gary Anderson), then (for 7/13 events in Germany), it's 29 (42 Europeans minus 3 seeds, 2 EE, 3 NB and 5 HN) players playing for 6 places, as well as however many European associates playing for 2 spaces. We won't know how 'fair' it is until we see the kind of numbers there'll be for associate qualifying, but I guess if it's harsh on anyone, it would be the UK associates (though really if you don't get top 32 in the Challenge Tour, do you deserve your place in ET qualifying?)
No, this isn't correct. They changed the rules, so all european tour card holders must play in the same qualifier. So ratajski, labanauskas etc cannot play their regional qualifier anymore, but have to participate in the tour card qualifier. Think the only exception is the host nation qualifier
PreciesJJ
The Ton Club

Post by PreciesJJ »

Duneh9617 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:05 am
No, this isn't correct. They changed the rules, so all european tour card holders must play in the same qualifier. So ratajski, labanauskas etc cannot play their regional qualifier anymore, but have to participate in the tour card qualifier. Think the only exception is the host nation qualifier
Razma has already qualified for the first European Tour through the PDCNB Qualifier, you should check the facts first.
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

PreciesJJ wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:26 am
Razma has already qualified for the first European Tour through the PDCNB Qualifier, you should check the facts first.
How is this for 'fact checking'?
Attachments
Screenshot_20190116-103524_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190116-103524_Chrome.jpg (687.63 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

I didn't realise it, but Duneh9617 is correct (under point 4.4 here: https://www.pdc.tv/pdc-order-merit-rules)
So that's up to 5 extra players in most European qualifiers then
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

I wonder if the Nordic/Baltic and Eastern European players would prefer it like this? There's no longer only one space available to them, but they'll have to beat better players in qualifying
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

4.4: ...'Any player who is unable to enter their relevant qualifier due to a scheduling clash with an Event in which they have been invited by the PDC, shall be deemed eligible to enter an alternative qualifier as determined by the PDC for the Event and shall be, if relevant, seeded as per their ProTour Order of Merit position'

Does this mean Challenge Tour players who qualify for ET events aren't going to be fucked over like last year?
PreciesJJ
The Ton Club

Post by PreciesJJ »

Duneh9617 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:36 am
How is this for 'fact checking'?
Fair enough. But there already have been 3 PDCNB Qualifiers in which Razma, Kantele and Labanauskas played. They seem to have changed the rules after that.