Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Dannyboy »

Are you going Chris?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dannyboy wrote:Are you going Chris?
Why would he? Oche hasn't been the one saying for months on here he will be doing it, demanding the PDC release info as soon as possible etc...
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

thelad1985 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:03 pm
oche balboa wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:45 pm Dbg will bottle it lol
he wont oche - hes going to surpise a few people - ive seen this before - everyone says someone is no good - but really they are as sharp as a yorkshire whip -

robson
He's going to surprise everyone by turning up?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Dannyboy wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:48 pm Are you going Chris?

Too expensive to do for a laugh sadly
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
thelad1985
Pub Champion

Post by thelad1985 »

BlueSpark wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:56 pm
he wont oche - hes going to surpise a few people - ive seen this before - everyone says someone is no good - but really they are as sharp as a yorkshire whip -

robson
one mans opinion squire - i think hes going to turn up - he may not be doing anything in darts now - but i cant see him not doing something at some point - i cant see him in his rocking chair saying well it was a building site and thats it - i think hell turn up to q school and surpise us - ambition just doesnt go away at the end of the day - and greeny has that - we should be rooting for the underdog -

robson
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

robson
He's told me and others that he's been hitting 10 darters for fun in the bedroom. He's probably playing legs starting on 41 though.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Thehateful180 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:58 pm

robson
He's told me and others that he's been hitting 10 darters for fun in the bedroom. He's probably playing legs starting on 41 though.
Aint told you anything...Not even bothered replying to the pm you sent while I was banned last week
thelad1985
Pub Champion

Post by thelad1985 »

i know its not as simple as rooting for your mates - but dont agree with the bitterness with dbg -

robson
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

daveboygreen wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:05 pm

robson
Aint told you anything...Not even bothered replying to the pm you sent while I was banned last week
So you're ill mannered as well as a Walter Mitty level dreamer. Me and you best of 7 sets, just to see if you can beat a real person at darts.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Thehateful180 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:01 am
daveboygreen wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:05 pm

robson
So you're ill mannered as well as a Walter Mitty level dreamer. Me and you best of 7 sets, just to see if you can beat a real person at darts.
Come over my way and I won't have a problem with that...As for ill mannered...Please refer to your pm you sent me on the 23rd..I can copy it onto here if you like!!
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Entry for the European Qualifying School closes 2pm tomorrow UK time.

Not sure why it needs to close so soon and why the event can't be played alongside the UK event because surely they'll have no idea how many cards are going to be available.
malcy93
Pub Champion

Post by malcy93 »

Dannyboy wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:32 am Entry for the European Qualifying School closes 2pm tomorrow UK time.

Not sure why it needs to close so soon and why the event can't be played alongside the UK event because surely they'll have no idea how many cards are going to be available.
It starts on 3rd January hence why closing tomorrow.

I presume both events are using the same people organising them hence the desire not to share dates.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

phil davies wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:30 am Have to say I’m not a massive fan of this splitting of q school into two separate events. For me it’s unfair to give cards out based on a q school ranking when the players are playing in diffrent events. As much as it might have been a pain for the organisers I think just one q school is actually a much fairer system.

Though saying that maybe the whole process needs to be looked at maybe more cards should go to challenge tour OOM and less to q school.
Agree on the last sentence - think at least 8 players should get an automatic card.

In terms of the split, the UK version is already massively overcrowded, let alone another 100 players in the venue!
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

Dannyboy wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:34 am
phil davies wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:30 am Have to say I’m not a massive fan of this splitting of q school into two separate events. For me it’s unfair to give cards out based on a q school ranking when the players are playing in diffrent events. As much as it might have been a pain for the organisers I think just one q school is actually a much fairer system.

Though saying that maybe the whole process needs to be looked at maybe more cards should go to challenge tour OOM and less to q school.
Agree on the last sentence - think at least 8 players should get an automatic card.

In terms of the split, the UK version is already massively overcrowded, let alone another 100 players in the venue!
But then they should completely change the setup for the challenge tour, seen as everything os played in england, and the english would not have to travel as much, which would be a huge disadvantage for international players. They should move around the challenge tour then, but people probably wouldn't have the money to compete in it.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Makes complete sense to have a euro Q-School and it’s obvious when you consider the successful Euro tour.
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

Re your first point, I don't think there's that much of a difference in quality between the two Q-Schools (I guess we'll find out more once the 2 year period comes to an end for the class of 2018), so I think it's fair enough. What does seem strange is that UK Q-School entries are open even after Euro Q-School has finished, so there'll be some players waiting around for two weeks to see whether they've done enough.

Definitely agree on your last point, to give so many cards where a burst of form can be enough is harsh, CT and DT rewards consistency over the course of a year
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Duneh9617 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:39 am

But then they should completely change the setup for the challenge tour, seen as everything os played in england, and the english would not have to travel as much, which would be a huge disadvantage for international players. They should move around the challenge tour then, but people probably wouldn't have the money to compete in it.
I think the PDC could help out with travel costs, it would only be for 10 weekends a year between the CT and the DT. Admittedly they're much smaller, but don't they do that for World Series events?
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:08 am
Duneh9617 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:39 am

I think the PDC could help out with travel costs, it would only be for 10 weekends a year between the CT and the DT. Admittedly they're much smaller, but don't they do that for World Series events?
I realise that might be hard as it's such a big event, but maybe just have that for the top 20 or whatever? Or maybe have them all in England and help the foreign players with travel costs?
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

phil davies wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:20 am
Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:02 am

Re your first point, I don't think there's that much of a difference in quality between the two Q-Schools (I guess we'll find out more once the 2 year period comes to an end for the class of 2018), so I think it's fair enough. What does seem strange is that UK Q-School entries are open even after Euro Q-School has finished, so there'll be some players waiting around for two weeks to see whether they've done enough.

Definitely agree on your last point, to give so many cards where a burst of form can be enough is harsh, CT and DT rewards consistency over the course of a year
I don’t mean diffrence in quality I think it’s unfair for the Q school rankings given their are two diffrent ones and yet they all get chucked into one ranking table and also like you said if they are being done then they should definetly happen on the same days.
What do you mean being chucked into one ranking table? There's going to be a split of roughly 2:1 UK/Eur for places depending on entries
mik252
Pub Champion

Post by mik252 »

Entry list for European Q school is on darts Connect, 249 entries.

https://tv.dartconnect.com/eventconfirmation/pdceuqs19

Cody Harris and Jeff Smith opting for this q school. Co Stompe giving it a go. Can’t see any players who are at Lakeside this year, although a few from last year are.