Prize Fund Increases

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
The Jolly Man
County Player

Prize Fund Increases

Post by The Jolly Man »

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/01/09/priz ... ps14m-2019

PRIZE MONEY on the PDC circuit will rise to £14 million in 2019 through a series of increases for the sport's biggest tournaments.

PDC prize money will again reach a record level as the sport's expansion continues this year.

The growth of the World Darts Championship prize money to £2.5 million for the 2018/2019 event was followed by confirmation that prize money for the UK Open and World Matchplay will also increase in 2019.

The PDC's other Premier ranking events - the World Grand Prix, European Championship, Grand Slam of Darts and Players Championship Finals - will also increase in 2019.

In addition, prize money for the Premier League, World Cup and World Series of Darts Finals will rise this year.

Prize money on the PDC European Tour will increase to £140,000 per event this year for the 13 tournaments held across the continent, and a further eight Players Championship events have been added to the PDC ProTour, meaning that over £2 million will be added to PDC prize funds this year.

The PDC will also continue to fund affiliated tours in the Nordic & Baltic, EADC and Asian regions, and work alongside other global partners and the Junior Darts Corporation.

"This is another huge step forward for players on the PDC circuit," said PDC Chairman Barry Hearn.

"We had already expanded the World Championship to 96 players an record levels of prize money and announced that all 128 Tour Card Holders will compete in the UK Open, and it's fantastic to increase prize money across our other Premier events and the European Tour.

"A PDC Tour Card really now is a Golden Ticket, and unprecedented rewards are now available for successful players.

"We've already seen an increased field at the European Qualifying School and are all set for a hugely competitive UK Qualifying School later this month ahead of an eagerly-anticipated 2019 on the PDC circuit."

The 2019 PDC Order of Merit Rules are also now available, and can be seen via THIS LINK.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Re: Prize Fund Increases

Post by The Jolly Man »

Interesting that the European Champs has overtaken the Grand Prix on prize funds. I wonder what the future holds for the event?
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

The Jolly Man wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:30 pm Interesting that the European Champs has overtaken the Grand Prix on prize funds. I wonder what the future holds for the event?
I think they done they to get more top players like Anderson to enter a couple of euro tour events to try and qualify
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

foggs3355 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:02 am
The Jolly Man wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:30 pm Interesting that the European Champs has overtaken the Grand Prix on prize funds. I wonder what the future holds for the event?
I think they done they to get more top players like Anderson to enter a couple of euro tour events to try and qualify
Anderson is winding down it seems though, and Barney, well, who knows with him?
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Interesting that you get the same for reaching the Matchplay semi as you do for reaching the final of the Grand Prix. Not sure I agree with that, the Grand Prix is being neglected a bit I think
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:07 pm Interesting that you get the same for reaching the Matchplay semi as you do for reaching the final of the Grand Prix. Not sure I agree with that, the Grand Prix is being neglected a bit I think
no way. the Matchplay is a great Comp with a good history now, defo the 2nd biggest major of the year, should be higher in my view.
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Skewball wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:15 pm
Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:07 pm Interesting that you get the same for reaching the Matchplay semi as you do for reaching the final of the Grand Prix. Not sure I agree with that, the Grand Prix is being neglected a bit I think
no way. the Matchplay is a great Comp with a good history now, defo the 2nd biggest major of the year, should be higher in my view.
I agree, the Matchplay needs a greater prize fund, around half of the Worlds prize fund would be ideal. However, no way should the Grand Prix be one of the lowest-paid TV events. It should be one of the big majors that everyone wants to win, though sadly I think many of the players would put the Grand Slam and the Premier League ahead of it
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

phil davies wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:36 pm They really need to move the Grand Prix away from Ireland
Yep, would be good if they moved it to the Netherlands since they don't get too many events
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

In terms of prize money increases, the Grand Prix should be treated with the same contempt the Irish dart going public treat it with.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

phil davies wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:49 pm In terms of prize funds for the ranked majors this is how it should be in tiers IMO

1st-WORLDS

2nd-Matchplay

3rd- Grand Slam, Grand Prix

4th- Euros, Players champs, Uk open
Nae Masters? Grand Slam is an invitational exbo. Should never be a ranked event.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

phil davies wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:54 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:52 pm
phil davies wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:49 pm In terms of prize funds for the ranked majors this is how it should be in tiers IMO

1st-WORLDS

2nd-Matchplay

3rd- Grand Slam, Grand Prix

4th- Euros, Players champs, Uk open
Nae Masters? Grand Slam is an invitational exbo. Should never be a ranked event.
The masters is not ranked. Grand slam is a huge event IMO and used to have one of the best qualifying procedures until they brought in the 8 qualifiers.
Hasn’t there always been 8 qualifiers
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

No.

One year even Masticman won the one off qualifier.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Dannyboy wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:22 pm No.

On his day Steve was a very good player. Pretty sure he won a PC event and not many can claim that.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ssjsa wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:23 pm

On his day Steve was a very good player. Pretty sure he won a PC event and not many can claim that.
He has done many things not many people on here can claim.

Isn't that right, Steve?
Big Jock Knew
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:24 pm

He has done many things not many people on here can claim.

Isn't that right, Steve?
Tax?
Reinier
The Ton Club

Post by Reinier »

It adds up to 12,5 million not 14... still decent.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Reinier wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:58 pm It adds up to 12,5 million not 14... still decent.
You are right. I wonder what the PDC would say about the missing 1.5milkion
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Reinier wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:58 pm It adds up to 12,5 million not 14... still decent.
I get 12.435 million.

Is the PDC helping out with prize money on affiliated tours?
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

He's also played in the PDC worlds a few times both at the circus Tavern & Ally Pally anyone who made them 7 times over an 8 year span is a pretty tidy player he's slo never been know to miss a bin with a dart either :)
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

1205 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:59 pm
I get 12.435 million.

Is the PDC helping out with prize money on affiliated tours?
It could be the Scandinavian and Eastern Europe ones.
Question has been asked of them on Twitter :D