2019 Q-School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
devosteve
International

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by devosteve »

Now it would be interesting if next years WC spots were only open to ladies who were part of the PDC system.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:21 pm Now it would be interesting if next years WC spots were only open to ladies who were part of the PDC system.
Good theory, maybe the ladies are preempting this.
Big Jock Knew
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Ginge wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:23 pm
devosteve wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:21 pm Now it would be interesting if next years WC spots were only open to ladies who were part of the PDC system.
I don't think so, _but_, some might go to Q School and play the Challenge to encourage the PDC to increase their support.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Has DBG won this yet?
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

1205 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:39 pm
I don't think so, _but_, some might go to Q School and play the Challenge to encourage the PDC to increase their support.
Just a thought. Highest lady in the order of merit of challenge (if no one wins a card of course) rewarded with an automatic slot at Ally pally. Nice incentive for the ladies to play challenge tour, gain experience playing in a professional environment. You might argue they wouldn't win much playing challenge compared to the BDO system but with the reward of Ally pally some might be tempted to focus on CT (and save time and dosh roaming around Europe).
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

devosteve wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:10 pm
1205 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:39 pm
Just a thought. Highest lady in the order of merit of challenge (if no one wins a card of course) rewarded with an automatic slot at Ally pally. Nice incentive for the ladies to play challenge tour, gain experience playing in a professional environment. You might argue they wouldn't win much playing challenge compared to the BDO system but with the reward of Ally pally some might be tempted to focus on CT (and save time and dosh roaming around Europe).
Plus 1 through a single global qualifier. Potential to get both Ashton and Sherrock in.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

trotter wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:30 am
Bag Carrier wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:47 am How many women do we think there will be at Q School.

I think 4-5
I’ll go with whatever you say.
Rachel Brooks I would imagine ?....Suzuki ?
Rachel is packing in. She plays in our village league and said she isn’t bothering anymore

Won the singles in our league last season, hammered a mate of mine in the final
County Player

Post by 1205 »

1205 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:16 pm
devosteve wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:10 pm Just a thought. Highest lady in the order of merit of challenge (if no one wins a card of course) rewarded with an automatic slot at Ally pally. Nice incentive for the ladies to play challenge tour, gain experience playing in a professional environment. You might argue they wouldn't win much playing challenge compared to the BDO system but with the reward of Ally pally some might be tempted to focus on CT (and save time and dosh roaming around Europe).
Plus 1 through a single global qualifier. Potential to get both Ashton and Sherrock in.
Or maybe Ashton and O'Brien. ;)
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Maria O'Brien from the UK...Anca Zijlstra from Europe...let the Ally Pally marketing men market that one !..
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

phil davies wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:07 pm
Maverick wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:02 pm Fair do’s to james , if you aren’t enjoying it then why do it. Life’s to short. Personally i’m Loving every game i’m Involved in , win or lose.
TBF you are a fair bit older than him and didn’t have the world youth champion tag hanging over you so understandable your loving it a bit more :grin:
Very true , never been a world youth champion , or been in the spotlight the way James has. But when you start to think about how long you can continue to play this game as your body falls apart , I also have the start of diabetic retinopathy , you start to appreciate that you can still play to a decent standard, and enjoy however long you have left playing this game . If I get my arse handed to me for four days i’ll Give the CT a go , if I get my arse handed to me there , then i’ll Just have to accept that’s my level and play locally. If I can compete at Q School/CT then i’ll Do that for the foreseeable , until I can no longer compete.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote:I'll believe he (and others) are off to Q school once I see their name in the first draw a week on Thursday. Still think some will pull the "woe is me, I'm mentally shot after Lakeside" or the "I'm still scared they will cancel my cheque" routine.
Bump

Matches like last night just reinforce this view. If Durrant pulls the "im mentally shot" excuse now would anyone actually be surprised?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I don't think in Duzza's case this will happen.
I think he has had it planned and in his head for too long now to not give it a go.
I did think some cracks were showing last night though. Maybe it will prove too much thinking about two things at once.
As Barney from New Order always used to say. "Hooky one thing at a time!"
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Certainly matches like last nights give people who think Durrant is top 5 in the World plenty to consider. It may be that if he switches the continual exposure to both high pressure matches against class opponents and TV tournaments lead him to improve under pressure. Equally he might do nowhere near as well as some think.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Astonvilla wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:16 am Certainly matches like last nights give people who think Durrant is top 5 in the World plenty to consider. It may be that if he switches the continual exposure to both high pressure matches against class opponents and TV tournaments lead him to improve under pressure. Equally he might do nowhere near as well as some think.

Didn’t Duzza win last night?? Anyone would think he bottled it and lost reading that...
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Baker threw some pretty good darts in the 4th and 5th set.
I think the only wobble from Glen was in the 6th set. When you saw he was visibly having a wobble too.
The deciding set he showed exactly what you come to expect from him and took the set easily.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

DavidB wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:34 am
Astonvilla wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:16 am Certainly matches like last nights give people who think Durrant is top 5 in the World plenty to consider. It may be that if he switches the continual exposure to both high pressure matches against class opponents and TV tournaments lead him to improve under pressure. Equally he might do nowhere near as well as some think.

Didn’t Duzza win last night?? Anyone would think he bottled it and lost reading that...
He said himself in the interview he was a beaten man at 3-3. Don't you honestly think that 9 times of 10 anyone in the PDC top 16 would have won that final set? I really really want Duzza to do well in the PDC, I like him a lot, and I think he will, but, its worrying that he frequently shows signs that under pressure he finds it hard to maintain his game, especially against faster players. He does often find a way to win but in the case of last night it was more Baker than him that meant he won that last set.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:45 am Baker threw some pretty good darts in the 4th and 5th set.
I think the only wobble from Glen was in the 6th set. When you saw he was visibly having a wobble too.
The deciding set he showed exactly what you come to expect from him and took the set easily.

Correct!
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Skewball wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:50 am

He said himself in the interview he was a beaten man at 3-3. Don't you honestly think that 9 times of 10 anyone in the PDC top 16 would have won that final set? I really really want Duzza to do well in the PDC, I like him a lot, and I think he will, but, its worrying that he frequently shows signs that under pressure he finds it hard to maintain his game, especially against faster players. He does often find a way to win but in the case of last night it was more Baker than him that meant he won that last set.

Anyone in the PDC top 16, really??
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

trotter wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:26 pm Maria O'Brien from the UK...Anca Zijlstra from Europe...let the Ally Pally marketing men market that one !..

No different to Hendo or Gilding but I get your point in how could it be Vajazzled by Sky?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

DavidB wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 am
Skewball wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:50 am

Anyone in the PDC top 16, really??
I think so yes, especially after the interview, he said himself he was beaten.