2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Re: 2019 Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships 5-13 Jan 2019

Post by TheSandman »

devosteve wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:34 pm Being a massive fan of boxing any boxing, as people know there are several different versions of the World Champion at all the different weights. All these World Championships have to be authorized by the ruling body of that organisation, i.e.: WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO, IBO and probably a few more, all these bodies enable boxers to make a living out of the sport and at different times perhaps the best boxer at any weight can probably come from different organisations within the same year, only when they have a unification series of events does one boxer become undisputed Champion of the World. However due to politics different promoters being unable to get the right deals this undisputed tag rarely applies. On top of this the broadcasters and arenas benefit for a system where multiple World Champions flourish.

I come to my point, the sport of Boxing does not suffer from multiple organisations, rather it creates an incentive, other than having an autocracy, where one person, one organisation, sets the rules, creating a monopoly to decide the future of the sport.

I heard this week that the sport of darts should be under one roof, but whose roof ?, the roof of the owner with the biggest bank balance, the, do as I say, to decide who plays where, who has the opportunity of earning what, who gets invited into these opportunities, as their right, because they are picking up the tab. Or should it be under the roof of a democratically elected company or in fact several different democratically run companies.

Further why hasn’t the BDO Professional Champion of the World earned that right to be recognised as The World Champion, until there is a unification match, Glen is just as much a World Champion as any other World Champion from any other organisation, because currently no one can legitimately claim to be “The undisputed World Darts Champion”.

Perhaps the managers of the two players concerned should come together like boxing promoters to set this up, however we know the contracts of the PDC forbid any of their players to appear on TV, which isn’t under the complete control of their organisation, so if another promoter came across with a bigger purse for the event, it wouldn’t go ahead.

tt thoughts.

So T-Rex is wanting a matchup between MVG and durrant.

MVG is a fucking animal, he would destroy the fragile durrant.

If only Jeff Goldblum had killed T-Rex off, we wouldn’t have to put up with these senile rants.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

devosteve wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:34 pm Being a massive fan of boxing any boxing, as people know there are several different versions of the World Champion at all the different weights. All these World Championships have to be authorized by the ruling body of that organisation, i.e.: WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO, IBO and probably a few more, all these bodies enable boxers to make a living out of the sport and at different times perhaps the best boxer at any weight can probably come from different organisations within the same year, only when they have a unification series of events does one boxer become undisputed Champion of the World. However due to politics different promoters being unable to get the right deals this undisputed tag rarely applies. On top of this the broadcasters and arenas benefit for a system where multiple World Champions flourish.

I come to my point, the sport of Boxing does not suffer from multiple organisations, rather it creates an incentive, other than having an autocracy, where one person, one organisation, sets the rules, creating a monopoly to decide the future of the sport.

I heard this week that the sport of darts should be under one roof, but whose roof ?, the roof of the owner with the biggest bank balance, the, do as I say, to decide who plays where, who has the opportunity of earning what, who gets invited into these opportunities, as their right, because they are picking up the tab. Or should it be under the roof of a democratically elected company or in fact several different democratically run companies.

Further why hasn’t the BDO Professional Champion of the World earned that right to be recognised as The World Champion, until there is a unification match, Glen is just as much a World Champion as any other World Champion from any other organisation, because currently no one can legitimately claim to be “The undisputed World Darts Champion”.

Perhaps the managers of the two players concerned should come together like boxing promoters to set this up, however we know the contracts of the PDC forbid any of their players to appear on TV, which isn’t under the complete control of their organisation, so if another promoter came across with a bigger purse for the event, it wouldn’t go ahead.

tt thoughts.
Old man shouts at clouds

Although I do love how he claims to be a boxing fan and understands why we have multiple world champions and then complains that the official governing body for darts should be democratically elected and not the company with the biggest pockets.

Also the thing thats really annoying about these stupid archaic comments from the BDO stalwarts at the minute is they are now trying to spin the idea that the PDC are this big multi million organization that came out of thing air to pump millions into stealing darts from the BDO. Notice how they wasnt the spin they was using back in the day when the BDO was way ahead of them. The PDC has got to where they are with nearly 30 years of hard work, their millions have come from getting involved with a professional company that did the right thing in terms or marketing and getting their name across and their brand around the world.

But no they should accept the BDO as the number 1 organization because they was here first.......despite not even being able to spell the fucking word Hundred on the fake cheque they was using to promote their world champion.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I swear Zapp reads things differently to the rest of us
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

oche balboa wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:00 am I swear Zapp reads things differently to the rest of us
Most people read things different to you Oche, I wouldnt worry too much about it
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

I think we all know who made that spelling error based on previous spelling and grammar efforts...

As for democratic elections, in how many democratic organisations do the leaders sit since its inception and remain there for around 40 years winning a vote every single year? With his wife on the board of directors too? As for the PDC, the directors still need to be voted back onto the board at the AGM as with any company.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Watched the final on Eurosport player (1p a month amazon for 6 months) and it was a good game, Scott missed a few to let Glen pull away.
Much respect to Glen at the end when the three times in a row was mentioned he pointed out that Eric's feat was in a unified field :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD:

Great stuff and congratulations Glen on being a three times world champion :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:14 am Watched the final on Eurosport player (1p a month amazon for 6 months) and it was a good game, Scott missed a few to let Glen pull away.
Much respect to Glen at the end when the three times in a row was mentioned he pointed out that Eric's feat was in a unified field :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD:

Great stuff and congratulations Glen on being a three times world champion :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD:
Be grateful if you can teach me how to work that. Even with Prime I could only get the highlights shows 2 days behind.
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

tt thoughts.
I don't think there's much need for the organisations to merge, as much as the BDO get a hard time from a lot of people (sometimes unfairly), there's no doubt as to which championship holds more legitimacy these days. To compare it to boxing, back in the day, the PDC/BDO dispute used to be akin to arguing over whether Joshua or Fury is the 'real' champion, whereas now, the BDO title is more like a WBA Regular title. It's interesting to compare, the BDO get pelters for being the lesser organisation, whereas boxing fans rarely give anywhere near as much stick to belt-holders who aren't quite elite level.
The current arrangement works just fine for me, with the BDO organising the more amateur side of the game, and the PDC focused on the professional side. As much as they'd have brought it upon themselves, it would be a shame if the BDO went under, as I don't think the PDC are interested in the grassroots
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

My eyes!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:My eyes!
I don't take a look on here for about 10 hours and people have taken to writing explain and justify essays, as well as failing to quote properly

Horrific scenes
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:41 am
DavidOwen67 wrote:My eyes!
I don't take a look on here for about 10 hours and people have taken to writing explain and justify essays, as well as failing to quote properly

Horrific scenes
BV attempting to circumvent his permanent ban by opening new accounts, which were banned on sight.
Another highlight
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Bit unfair comparing the 180 total as the PDC play BO7 in the Last 32 and the BDO only play BO5.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Andy Macintosh
Bristow was good but not thsi good. Bristow was no more than a county player

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:Andy Macintosh

'KINELL!!!
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Words fail
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:20 am Andy Macintosh

You have to have made that up. No-one is that stupid, surely.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Ginge wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:01 am Bit unfair comparing the 180 total as the PDC play BO7 in the Last 32 and the BDO only play BO5.
Ignore the absolute values and look at the number per leg, percentages, and averages.

Clearly better for the PDC. And that was with the PDC having a "weak" half. But that's OK. Any pretence of the standard being the same would only embarrass the BDO. 83.5 is 18 darts. Averages there and above keep the games quick enough, and then it's about being competitive games.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Fred Carter
Hi Tony with the Japanese lady winning I think PDC will put her in the grand slam cus she's from Japan which will show that PDC are greedy cus they didn't get Lisa Ashton prob cus English but PDC want to youse this Japanese lady for more DC glory

Absolutely clueless!!!! :roll: :roll:
Big Jock Knew