2019 Q-School

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

1205 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:50 pm
Chambord wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:35 pm Durrant will NOT get a Tour card this year. He admitted himself he can't throw a dart a week after the Lakeside final. Wish there was some bookie where to bet on this.
Durrant always talks himself down. His "can't throw a dart" will be better than an awful lot of other players.

I could see him getting through on the points list due to his consistency. Even "struggling" at the BDO he still had averages that were all equivalent to fewer than 16 darts.
If you take what Duzza says at face value, you'd be forgiven for thinking he's just a pub player...
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

Chambord wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:35 pm Durrant will NOT get a Tour card this year. He admitted himself he can't throw a dart a week after the Lakeside final. Wish there was some bookie where to bet on this.
I'd imagine he's in a better place this year to play well, this year's final didn't have anywhere near the same amount of drama
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:27 pm
clemy1989 wrote:In terms of the challenge tour once it starts, whats the situation if say Williams doesn't get a card, plays the challenge tour and gets high enough to make up the numbers on a pro tour event? Is he therefore banned from Lakeside at that stage? I know that was the case previously but wasn't sure since the rules were relaxed.
I made this point last year but it was never really confirmed

With the bdo removing their eligibility rules there is no issue on their side just whether Barry is happy

And apparently the pdc is going to getting tougher this year with the rumours that ladies will have to chose for next years worlds
Where does this stuff come from? If they're going to make them choose, they'll need to do a lot more than have a couple of 7.5k winner-takes-all qualifiers. But maybe that's where the missing 1.5 million quid in prize money has gone. :roll:
Last edited by 1205 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

clemy1989 wrote:In terms of the challenge tour once it starts, whats the situation if say Williams doesn't get a card, plays the challenge tour and gets high enough to make up the numbers on a pro tour event? Is he therefore banned from Lakeside at that stage? I know that was the case previously but wasn't sure since the rules were relaxed.

With the bdo removing their eligibility rules there is no issue on their side just whether Barry is happy

And apparently the pdc is going to getting tougher this year with the rumours that ladies will have to chose for next years worlds

Seems a strange decision if true there’s no issue this year
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Duzza got it made this year.

Gets a card: focus on ally pally.

doesn't get a card: focus on ct knowing he has an invite to lakeside so can see how he goes re ally pally qualification (and how he is playing) and make a choice later in the year.

Not great for the bdo but what could they do?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

1205 wrote:

Where does this stuff come from? If they're going to make them choose, they'll need to do a lot more than have a couple of 7.5k winner-takes-all qualifiers. But maybe that's where the missing 1.5 million quid in prize money has gone. :roll:
Seen it mentioned a few times in the last few weeks from people that would know and seen Tony mentioned on here.

I think the number of women entering qschool is the guide to see how many women are willing to switch sides, being that if they got a tour card they would no longer be able to enter ladies events in the bdo. I’ve said it before that if that number gets anywhere near say 64 I can see Barry offering them ladies challenge events.

I also think last year was the incentive to show the ladies what they could do and to see how much the media would pick it. Most media ran stories about it and over 200 entered the qualifiers, I can 100% see them using the same excuse as tour card holders saying “our sponsors don’t want the ladies qualifiers entering events by different organisations”
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

So if glen or anyone else who gets a tour card. Wot sort of money will they need on the players oom to get to the worlds or the match play.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

oche balboa wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Seems a strange decision if true there’s no issue this year
Apart from the fact that they’re able to enter both increasing their chances of winning prize money.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

2019 Q-School

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

masticman wrote:So if glen or anyone else who gets a tour card. Wot sort of money will they need on the players oom to get to the worlds or the match play.
About 20k in a year to get to the worlds

Need about 25k by mid June to get to the match play

Uk open is a guarantee now the rules have changed

55k by January will get him into the tour card spots

A mix of pro tour and euro tour events could get him them easily if he played well
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:23 pm Seen it mentioned a few times in the last few weeks from people that would know and seen Tony mentioned on here.

I think the number of women entering qschool is the guide to see how many women are willing to switch sides, being that if they got a tour card they would no longer be able to enter ladies events in the bdo. I’ve said it before that if that number gets anywhere near say 64 I can see Barry offering them ladies challenge events.

I also think last year was the incentive to show the ladies what they could do and to see how much the media would pick it. Most media ran stories about it and over 200 entered the qualifiers, I can 100% see them using the same excuse as tour card holders saying “our sponsors don’t want the ladies qualifiers entering events by different organisations”
Ashton and Dobromyslova qualified, got 1 televised game at the PDC World Championships and then disappeared again.
They each got 7.5k and the rest of the women got _nothing_.

If the PDC is asking them to make a decision that would have a negative impact on the BDO women's darts, they'd need to do a lot more than 2 floor events behind closed doors, and 2 spots at Alexandra Palace.

Hearn has made it clear that there won't be a separate PDC women's tour, so if they _really_ want to support women's darts, they'll do no more than up the exposure on the women's qualifiers.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

1205 wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:23 pm Seen it mentioned a few times in the last few weeks from people that would know and seen Tony mentioned on here.

Ashton and Dobromyslova qualified, got 1 televised game at the PDC World Championships and then disappeared again.

If the PDC is asking them to make a decision that would have a negative impact on the BDO women's darts, they'd need to do a lot more than 2 floor events behind closed doors, and 2 spots at Alexandra Palace.

Hearn has made it clear that there won't be a separate PDC women's tour, so if they _really_ want to support women's darts, they'll do no more than up the exposure on the women's qualifiers.
He said there wouldn’t be a women’s pro tour for the obvious unisex pro tour reasons

He specifically didn’t answer if there would be a women’s challenge or a range of events at a challenge tour level.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:22 pm
1205 wrote:

He said there wouldn’t be a women’s pro tour for the obvious unisex pro tour reasons

He specifically didn’t answer if there would be a women’s challenge or a range of events at a challenge tour level.
No, but his repeated statement of "no favours" (despite the favour of the qualifiers and 2 spots) doesn't suggest that they're planning to do that. Everything he's said points to wanting one or more women to get their level high enough to qualify for the main tour and hoping that it happens in a few years time.
landofmyfathers
Feather Flights

Post by landofmyfathers »

Can someone put a link up for latest entries
Many thanks
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

DavidB wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:35 pm Don't forget the ladies -

Confirmed:
Lisa Ashton
Deta Hedman
Fallon Sherrock
Corrine Hammond
Anastasia Dobromyslova

Any missed??
Nae Paula Jacklin?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

1205 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm

Yeah! That bastard Hearn only gave some BDO players £15K.

Why isn't he giving more to an organisation that he's not involved with?

It's outrageous!!
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

landofmyfathers wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:46 pm Can someone put a link up for latest entries
Many thanks
Find it yourself.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

landofmyfathers wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:46 pm Can someone put a link up for latest entries
Many thanks
https://tv.dartconnect.com/eventconfirmation/pdcukqs19
County Player

Post by 1205 »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:53 pm

It's outrageous!!
I'm not critical of what the PDC did. In fact, I think it was great. But that's the _only_ thing they do for the women's game.

By not blocking them from playing both Championships they _added_ to the women's game.
But if they block them from playing both Championships then they would also _subtract_ something from the women's game by diminishing the competitiveness and value of the Women's World Championship.
That would putting the 2 qualifiers in a difficult position, could only cause animosity and would be likely to see more of the top female players skip the qualifiers.

I don't think the PDC are stupid enough to do that, and I think that any rumour that they'll do it is total bollocks.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:49 pm
DavidB wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:35 pm Don't forget the ladies -

Confirmed:
Lisa Ashton
Deta Hedman
Fallon Sherrock
Corrine Hammond
Anastasia Dobromyslova

Any missed??
Nae Paula Jacklin?
Why should she? She is the queen of lakeside. Camera always going to her as she cheered her favourites on.

seriously if the bdo make ladies darts more inclusive (from an international perspective ) she is out of lakeside. But she may soon have a leadership position, in some capacity, in ladies darts imo
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

1205 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:29 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:53 pm

It's outrageous!!
I'm not critical of what the PDC did. In fact, I think it was great. But that's the _only_ thing they do for the women's game.

By not blocking them from playing both Championships they _added_ to the women's game.
But if they block them from playing both Championships then they would also _subtract_ something from the women's game by diminishing the competitiveness and value of the Women's World Championship.
That would putting the 2 qualifiers in a difficult position, could only cause animosity and would be likely to see more of the top female players skip the qualifiers.

I don't think the PDC are stupid enough to do that, and I think that any rumour that they'll do it is total bollocks.
I dont think any female in the BDO is stupid enough to even consider not going to the PDC qualifier if they gave you a choice.

Guaranteed 7.5K and the most exposure and media interviews they have ever got, Lisa was front and center of all promotion the week before the worlds.

and your point makes zero sense because 5 of the top 6 ranked ladies have signed up for Qschool, saying they would turn their back on the BDO if they got a card.