Skewball
International

Re: 2019 Q-School

Post by Skewball »

WIlliams takes it.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Skewball wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:11 pm Murnan battling back against Williams, both well into the 90's , good game
Well done William's. Was broken and broke back to win 5-3.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

dartsyoungun wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:15 pm Could be a reaction to his (and Waites) exertions last week or it could be that the top of the BDO is just rubbish compared to the midfield and lower of the PDC.
All of what you are saying is true. Top pdc is 100+, players aiming at 120 can easily hit that, i see 2.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

SolidSCB wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:10 pm I know the "Haha, everyone said Bunting would be top 3" thing is a thing, but honestly I think he was in far better nick than Glen is now when he switched. Not just on the stage, but on the floor. He wasn't above turning up for tin pot opens etc and it helped him breeze Q-School and have a bit of very early success on the tour.

Duzza comes across to me as a bit entitled. It's like he shouldn't have to lower himself to the nitty gritty of the tour to be able to enjoy the big events, hiding behind the "It makes me too tired" excuse.

Sorry, but if some of these other 20 stone lummoxes can carthorse around every week and play week-in, week-out, there's absolutely no excuse for Glen. He just doesn't like doing it because it exposes the holes in his game.
Really? Durrant seems to me to be an obsessive racked with self-doubt.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

DArren Johnson following up his L32 yesterday and now into L16 Over Dyson Parody who beat Menzies earlier I think
Sally
Pub Champion

Post by Sally »

Looks like Scott Baker and Jim Williams might meet at the end of the day, to see who gets the card in the top half...if I have got the brackets and boards right!
Last edited by Sally on Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sally
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Not much darts on now, I wonder if they are ahead of schedule and slowing things up.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

or DartsConnect down
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Skewball wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:21 pm Not much darts on now, I wonder if they are ahead of schedule and slowing things up.

Don't know why matches can't be best of 11...
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Last 32 in draw order
Antony Darlow v Christopher Bent
Dan Lauby 5-3 Ben Burton
William Cook/Tom Gregory v Patrick Lynskey
Robert Collins 5-4 Andy Boulton
Joe Murnan v Jim Williams
Sam Cankett 3-5 Adrian Gray
Scott Baker 5-1 Stephen Burton
Mark Barilli v Jonathan Worsley/Damian Smith
Dyson Parody v Darren Johnson
Carl Wilkinson v Barry Lynn
Callan Rydz 5-3 John Davey
Ritchie Edhouse v Curtis Hammond
Rhys Griffin v Matt Padgett
Jamie Bain v Kevin Painter
Darren Herewini/Mark Hickey v Mark McGeeney
Matt Clark v John Bowles

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

UKDA 4 Life
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

SolidSCB wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:10 pm I know the "Haha, everyone said Bunting would be top 3" thing is a thing, but honestly I think he was in far better nick than Glen is now when he switched. Not just on the stage, but on the floor. He wasn't above turning up for tin pot opens etc and it helped him breeze Q-School and have a bit of very early success on the tour.

Duzza comes across to me as a bit entitled. It's like he shouldn't have to lower himself to the nitty gritty of the tour to be able to enjoy the big events, hiding behind the "It makes me too tired" excuse.

Sorry, but if some of these other 20 stone lummoxes can carthorse around every week and play week-in, week-out, there's absolutely no excuse for Glen. He just doesn't like doing it because it exposes the holes in his game.
Given that nugget of nonsense I think I'll ignore the rest of the spiel!
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

It was such a breeze he didn't even have to throw a dart.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Sally wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:21 pm Looks like Scott Baker and Jim Williams might meet at the end of the day, to see who gets the card in the top half...if I have got the brackets and boards right!
if that happens it wont matter who wins as I suspect the loser will have enough points in such a huge field they wont be caught
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

SolidSCB wrote:I know the "Haha, everyone said Bunting would be top 3" thing is a thing, but honestly I think he was in far better nick than Glen is now when he switched. Not just on the stage, but on the floor. He wasn't above turning up for tin pot opens etc and it helped him breeze Q-School and have a bit of very early success on the tour.

Bunting didn’t do qschool
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Skewball wrote:Not much darts on now, I wonder if they are ahead of schedule and slowing things up.
Once they get to board finals they try to play each round at the same time
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Interesting if the younger BDO players such as Williams, Baker and Hughes (a year late) all get through but not Waites or Durrant, the two finalists. Are they tired or just not used to the big floor events anymore, especially at this standard?
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

13 darter for Matt Clark to edge out Bowles.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

1205 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:17 pm

Really? Durrant seems to me to be an obsessive racked with self-doubt.
Durrant is not the future nr1 in PDC.