Romanian Open

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
devosteve
International

Re: Romanian Open

Post by devosteve »

I am taking it paddy knows I quoting Ross and was trying to whoosh me?

Bottom line: Ross was blaming all 3. Pdc, bdo and the national body.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

devosteve wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:39 am I am taking it paddy knows I quoting Ross and was trying to whoosh me?

I'm not a Whoosher, find one case where I have attempted to Whoosh someone.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

BlueSpark wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:19 am I'm assuming the word loyalty is in there somewhere.
You assume correct. Third paragraph, first sentence (if you want to be generous and pretend his stream of consciousness counts as proper sentence structure).

You win today's star prize of a set of brass darts (flights not included) and a free hotdog.
Double One
Feather Flights

Post by Double One »

phil davies wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:18 am
trotter01 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:02 am The Boss not happy on Fanatics...Sparidaans fuming...Barry Hearn saying he applied for permission to play and it was granted .....surely it's down to the event organisers to have the final say then and they allowed it and the PDC allowed it
Boss was to scared to play him a few years back as he knew that Michael was better than him so got him thrown out of the event instead.
You should get your facts right before making statements..... it was Germany who protested against Michaels as he had not played enough for his country. Scotland/Ross was happy to play him but was not allowed as he was disqualified
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Phil Davies will ignore this
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Chambord
The Ton Club

Post by Chambord »

Well done to Karolina, Aileen, Dave and John for winning. Great achievement in their careers. All 4 will have a great year and win some more tournaments.
Few years ago the ladies went on strike ... now "the greek file"... well ... people came for show, give em show !

My amateur opinion is that darts players are neither cows nor slaves and should be allowed to play and earn a piece of bread where they want and can. And would be sensible that both PDC and BDO will allow this.

This is NOT the effin Brexit !
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

My guess is John Michael had signed up for this before he won his tour card..he played it last year...he asked for permission as the PDC season has not started and it was granted...first time card holder in a very small event...I don't think it will set a precedent and I don't think the PDC will generally let their card holders play the BDO events ...I don't think much permission will be sought or granted once the season starts and this is very much a one off.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:43 am
devosteve wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:39 am I am taking it paddy knows I quoting Ross and was trying to whoosh me?

I'm not a Whoosher, find one case where I have attempted to Whoosh someone.
Well, this post for a start.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

devosteve wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:58 am You , I and most players agree that what has happened at this weekends Romanian Open , or whatever it’s called , is wrong but IMO I believe the organisation of said country had the opportunity to deal with it. They checked the permissions given and said player was allowed to play . It is done now and no need to go on and on about it, BUT it doesn’t stop other organisations to protect their tournaments from future controversies , anomalies etc etc etc , protect your tournaments because nobody else will , players included ."
No idea why Montgomery thinks the national orgs should have any vested interest in protecting the integrity of the Lakeside qualifying. So Jeffrey Sparidaans doesn't boycott their event next year or something? Yeah, that'll keep them up at night. The days when the availability of BDO ranking points was a significant contributor to a tournament's level of success are simply over. No tournament promoter particularly needs the 50-odd regular touring players anymore, but I suppose some of these players struggle to accept that they're no more important or relevant than any other player who pays his entry fee, such as John Michael.

And Tommy Thompson is just getting more clueless every day. Players having exclusive sponsorship contracts with Sky? What on Earth is he rambling on about?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Zeyes wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:09 pm
devosteve wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:58 am You , I and most players agree that what has happened at this weekends Romanian Open , or whatever it’s called , is wrong but IMO I believe the organisation of said country had the opportunity to deal with it. They checked the permissions given and said player was allowed to play . It is done now and no need to go on and on about it, BUT it doesn’t stop other organisations to protect their tournaments from future controversies , anomalies etc etc etc , protect your tournaments because nobody else will , players included ."
No idea why Montgomery thinks the national orgs should have any vested interest in protecting the integrity of the Lakeside qualifying. So Jeffrey Sparidaans doesn't boycott their event next year or something? Yeah, that'll keep them up at night. The days when the availability of BDO ranking points was a significant contributor to a tournament's level of success are simply over. No tournament promoter particularly needs the 50-odd regular touring players anymore, but I suppose some of these players struggle to accept that they're no more important or relevant than any other player who pays his entry fee, such as John Michael.

And Tommy Thompson is just getting more clueless every day. Players having exclusive sponsorship contracts with Sky? What on Earth is he rambling on about?
Can you explain why the PDC is allowing Michael to play on a stream in Romania, but not allowing 4 average players in a pairs tournament on a stream hardly anyone will watch?
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Because the Romanian Open wasn't being played at the same time at a PDC televised or Pro Tour event? Or because Barry does what he wants.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

markymark wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:27 pm Because the Romanian Open wasn't being played at the same time at a PDC televised or Pro Tour event? Or because Barry does what he wants.
Maybe, but nobody watches BDO stuff. Well nothing to concern the PDC side I think.
Maybe maximum 2-3000 on a stream.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

Maybe Jacklin would have got in his car and driven over to Hearns to explain why they shouldnt be allowed.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:17 pm
Zeyes wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:09 pm

Can you explain why the PDC is allowing Michael to play on a stream in Romania, but not allowing 4 average players in a pairs tournament on a stream hardly anyone will watch?
as has been pointed out a number of times probably because he booked flights etc before getting his tour card and so appealed to the PDC. Dutch open is a much bigger event with a number of potential Tour Card holders who would be there and want to play in the pairs.
It really is quite simple. You may not like the answer but keeping asking it does not change the answer.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Reading from Paul that the player was booed during his walk on and whilst playing.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:21 am Reading from Paul that the player was booed during his walk on and whilst playing.
Totally pathetic if that is true.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Caption competition? :D

Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

It's morally wrong for players on the professional side to enter amateur events and take much needed cash away from needy competitors. It would seem that in this case that the players restriction was lifted for no other reason but to cause maximum angst between the two orgs. Disgraceful when we all know that in the past PDC players have been reprimanded for atempting similar contract violations.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I can taste the pretend tears from here.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:22 am
devosteve wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:21 am Reading from Paul that the player was booed during his walk on and whilst playing.
Totally pathetic if that is true.
No he shouldn't be there.......gold digger.