PDC Accounts FY18

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dannyboy
International

PDC Accounts FY18

Post by Dannyboy »

The annual accounts for the PDC were filled a couple of weeks ago (up until June 2018) - surprised no one has picked up on it yet.

The accounts show another blinding year for the corporation and shows a huge increase in revenue by about 20% YOY to £34m and a profit before tax of £5.8m (which is a 25% increase YOY). There was a 10% increase in dividend payments to around £108/share, but remains at £1.5m paid out to shareholders. There is nearly £10m in the bank.

What is interesting though is that there has been a drop in revenue from the UK, but massive increase in revenue in Europe and the ROTW, with both accounting areas growing 40% YOY - Europe from £9m to £15.1m and the ROTW from £2.6m to £4m. This revenue appears to be as a result of the successful World Series.

The highest paid director earned £462k last year.

The PDC made purchases of £4.7m (up from £2m) and sales of £5.4m (up from £3.2m) to Matchroom Sport during the accounting period.

The PDC continues to go from strength to strength and there appears to be no ceiling to these astonishing numbers.
Tommy T-Rex
The Ton Club

Re: PDC Accounts FY18

Post by Tommy T-Rex »

This is every thing that is wrong with the PDC, all about £££££££. What an obscene amount to pay a director, an unelected one at that! Why the extortionate membership fees with that much in the bank? Why a DRA sanctioning fee? Why a PDPA levy on the players? It's all take take take, total exploitation of the players. I hope I am here to see the day it comes crashing down!
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Seems like the Premier league, the thing only 5 years back or so was completely propping up the PDC, is being dwarfed by the WSOD.

Wouldnt even be surprised if the PL is scaled down in the coming years to incorporate more WSOD and Euro tour events.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Seems like the Premier league, the thing only 5 years back or so was completely propping up the PDC, is being dwarfed by the WSOD.

Wouldnt even be surprised if the PL is scaled down in the coming years to incorporate more WSOD and Euro tour events.
Very unlikely as PL is run by Matchroom.
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

Tommy T-Rex wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:34 am This is every thing that is wrong with the PDC, all about £££££££. What an obscene amount to pay a director, an unelected one at that! Why the extortionate membership fees with that much in the bank? Why a DRA sanctioning fee? Why a PDPA levy on the players? It's all take take take, total exploitation of the players. I hope I am here to see the day it comes crashing down!
And still all tournaments cost 0 to enter
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

The Master wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:53 pm
Tommy T-Rex wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:34 am This is every thing that is wrong with the PDC, all about £££££££. What an obscene amount to pay a director, an unelected one at that! Why the extortionate membership fees with that much in the bank? Why a DRA sanctioning fee? Why a PDPA levy on the players? It's all take take take, total exploitation of the players. I hope I am here to see the day it comes crashing down!
With free membership.... :DDD: :DDD:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

Small investment to play for 14 big ones
thecat
Steady Sixties

Post by thecat »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:53 pm
Membership isn’t free is it. Thought it was your £450 Q school plus a top up if you got a card. Seem to recall seeing PDPA membership was £500 plus £50 for DRA
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

How much did they make from jobber school?
UKDA 4 Life
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:15 pm How much did they make from jobber school?
May be wrong here but I believe those fees are paid to the PDPA which is a separate entity.
Big Jock Knew
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

thecat wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:17 am
Membership isn’t free is it. Thought it was your £450 Q school plus a top up if you got a card. Seem to recall seeing PDPA membership was £500 plus £50 for DRA
So about the equivalent of 12-15 BDO/WDF events at least if you include doubles, triples events. Which for someone serious about qualifying for Preston Lakeside you'll need to do in a year anyway.
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

Ginge wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:20 pm
Moongoose McQueeen wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:15 pm How much did they make from jobber school?
May be wrong here but I believe those fees are paid to the PDPA which is a separate entity.
I get your point (that Q-School money won't end up filling Barry's wallet), but I doubt the PDPA is THAT separate from the PDC if you know what I mean
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:42 am Seems like the Premier league, the thing only 5 years back or so was completely propping up the PDC, is being dwarfed by the WSOD.

That would be great, the European Tour is amazing, and while the players don't really care about the World Series at times, it's still good to see the international players given a chance on TV. If anything I'd love to see the Players Championship circuit eventually scaled down and incorporate most of those events into an expanded European Tour
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Mensur Suljovic Fan wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:25 am
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:42 am Seems like the Premier league, the thing only 5 years back or so was completely propping up the PDC, is being dwarfed by the WSOD.

That would be great, the European Tour is amazing, and while the players don't really care about the World Series at times, it's still good to see the international players given a chance on TV. If anything I'd love to see the Players Championship circuit eventually scaled down and incorporate most of those events into an expanded European Tour
I would guess the plan for a few years time would be for the Players championshps to move to mid week to open up the weekends for more Euro events and more WSOD events.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

thecat wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:17 am
I know....that was meant as a sarcastic jibe.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"