Players Championship Tour 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
devosteve
International

Re: Players Championship Tour 2019

Post by devosteve »

Hold on. On the one hand the fanatics like to claim that basically all players came from the bdo. So a former bdo player beat other former bdo players (according to this argument).

But today they seem hyped up claiming a former bdo player beat pdc players! Yeah, go bdo!

What actually happened was that a pdc player got to a pdc final playing against pdc players.

does oche, goosey etc have shares in the bdo or some emotional attachment? Let Glen go guys. He left. Tough I know but he's gone.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

The interest in Q School and this weekend's PCs is mainly due to Duzza. With the added icing on the cake of Baker's performances.
Been a fair few years since anyone was posting in PC threads.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ChrisW wrote:The interest in Q School and this weekend's PCs is mainly due to Duzza. With the added icing on the cake of Baker's performances.
Tbf the interest increased for me because of dart connect and how easy it was to watch the streams. The twitch stream with both games on and the ability to watch it on my tv was great.

Kinda hard to get that interested in previous years when you just refreshed the pdc page for results.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:25 pm
ChrisW wrote:The interest in Q School and this weekend's PCs is mainly due to Duzza. With the added icing on the cake of Baker's performances.
Tbf the interest increased for me because of dart connect and how easy it was to watch the streams. The twitch stream with both games on and the ability to watch it on my tv was great.

Kinda hard to get that interested in previous years when you just refreshed the pdc page for results.
Would you consider paying for the PDC streaming service?
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ChrisW wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:25 pm

Would you consider paying for the PDC streaming service?
I did used to but it was shite back then, was mainly to get priority tickets.

My only issue with paying for it is you miss out on quite a bit with being in the UK.
This time a year with a pro tour weekend on each weekend it’s great but get to summer when feck all is on and it’s not as good.

If they update the back catalogue to have everything from the past (last I checked it was just highlights of previous tournaments) then I would.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:16 pm The interest in Q School and this weekend's PCs is mainly due to Duzza. With the added icing on the cake of Baker's performances.
this site might have been quiet in the past but others were not.

As for streams, there has been free streams for over 2 years
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Was not on the forum until finishing work at 6pm, but noticed we had over 370 users online at one point. That was literally a spot check so must have been considerably higher at points today.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:08 pm
ChrisW wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:56 pm
ChrisW wrote:
So the pro tour oom for majors starts fresh in January?
Yes.
Cheers couldn’t remember if it was rolling or not

Duzzas going to need to qualify for a few euro tour events then to get to the matchplay
And, until the first Euro Tour event, the Players Championship will be the same as the provisional ProTour list for the Worlds (minus the top 32), not that there's much to read into at this early stage
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Nice to see Durrant have a good early run after losing early yesterday.

The Pro tour is interesting once again as its now loaded with so many good players.

The standard in the other half to Durrant looked amazing. But Glen did what he had to to put his (often troubled) mind at rest that he has made the right decision.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

devosteve wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:15 pm Hold on. On the one hand the fanatics like to claim that basically all players came from the bdo. So a former bdo player beat other former bdo players (according to this argument).

But today they seem hyped up claiming a former bdo player beat pdc players! Yeah, go bdo!

What actually happened was that a pdc player got to a pdc final playing against pdc players.

does oche, goosey etc have shares in the bdo or some emotional attachment? Let Glen go guys. He left. Tough I know but he's gone.
If we had some emotional attachment in the BDO would we have wanted Duzza To do well?

Devo you hatred for the BDO has shown through
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Plenty of seething, lovely stuff.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

DavidB wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:51 pm Plenty of seething, lovely stuff.
Just remember Duzza is PDC!
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

list of seethers

Gazmong
Devosteve
Borespark
Skewball
Bradders
Trotter
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

The clowns on here derided Durrant at every opportunity when he played BDO, they even took the piss when he lost 1st round yesterday. Now they don't like BDO fans celebrating his success. Get a life lads!
UKDA 4 Life
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Getting a bit desperate I see.
I have nothing but admiration for Glen, finally going to swim with the sharks and make a professional go at it.
I only take the piss out of anything for my personal entertainment. He did well today, much better than yesterday. The litmus test will be in the televised big events rather than the short format pro tour games. But they will let him climb the rankings, good luck to him.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:Getting a bit desperate I see.
I have nothing but admiration for Glen, finally going to swim with the sharks and make a professional go at it.
I only take the piss out of anything for my personal entertainment. He did well today, much better than yesterday. The litmus test will be in the televised big events rather than the short format pro tour games. But they will let him climb the rankings, good luck to him.
Once he isn't the Lakeside champion anymore a lot of people on here will stop caring about him, just like they did with Bunting. Not long now.
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:00 pm
DavidB wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:51 pm Plenty of seething, lovely stuff.
Just remember Duzza is PDC!

You want to tell the haters that Chris... :grin:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:31 am
Once he isn't the Lakeside champion anymore a lot of people on here will stop caring about him, just like they did with Bunting. Not long now.
Rubbish Bunting is still an 'ex-BDO' player.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:31 am
Rubbish Bunting is still an 'ex-BDO' player.
But nobody cares about him anymore. The only person who did no longer visits the forum.
Big Jock Knew