PDC Premier League 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ssjsa
International

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:28 am Can you all quote properly ffs.
What's wrong with my quotes?

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Lors of broken quote tags showing on Tapatalk for you, Gaz and now David.

Think maybe you are all trying to quote more than the maximum allowed by the forum (5?)
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Must only be an issue on Tapatalk. Quoting fine on my phone. Have never used Tapatalk.

thelad1985
Pub Champion

Post by thelad1985 »

blame eric bristow and bobby george - they ruined the game of darts with there friverlous antics - lowe sold his soul when he left for the pdc - but he was a gentleman that played the game as it should - he wanted to cut down on the bells and whistles - and the wwe - but bristow carried it on - price taylor cadby mvg are just doing what he did - never see adams part john boy play the game like that-

robson
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

Ginge wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:36 am Lors of broken quote tags showing on Tapatalk for you, Gaz and now David.

Think maybe you are all trying to quote more than the maximum allowed by the forum (5?)

My last post only had 5 quotes - do you need to update Tapatalk app??
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Nope, got the most recent version. Nick!!!!!!!
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ssjsa wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:22 am
Garry Murphy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:29 am
ssjsa wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:47 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:17 pm
ssjsa wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:07 pm

Can you come back to us when you have actually watched the interview. ;-)

Mardle is not disputing that Price should have been punished, but rather the severity of the fine. :WWWW:
really einstein ?

It was partly because of people like mardle who screamed loud enough and drew so much attention to it that the fine was so large.
Mardle went out of his way to make it out like he was committing some major crime which made it more public, which in turned made the fine possibly higher.

For the record I do not think the fine was excessive
considering he earned six figures from his win.
But feel free to moan and argue because of the poster than the actual point being made.
Deflectors on full mode. ;-)
the only one deflecting is you since you could not address the points made.
Ando choked, got a warning and pulled a sulk, and phil taylor was right, he did not deserve a fine, was done to placate a sore loser ando who choked
I wish the poster known as Garry Murphy could make his mind up. ;-)
you are really dense.

I dont believe gerwyn price deserved a fine at all...none. Just cos he made the choking and sulking ando cry..
if it was for fist pumping then others like MVG and Huybrechts should have been charged on that same rule in the past and were not so price deserved none

but since he was wrongly fined and the excuse given was it helped him win a game where he made around 60k more because of those supposed "antics" then a 20 odd grand fine was not excessive. in relation to what he earned because of it, and if price was to get an unjust fine, why did not ando get one for his constant encroaching ?
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Night Two - Thursday February 14
The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
Peter Wright v Michael Smith
Rob Cross v James Wade
Raymond van Barneveld v Gerwyn Price
Daryl Gurney v Glen Durrant
Mensur Suljovic v Michael van Gerwen
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Only one match I'm interested in watching there.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

How will the fanboys react to the durrant game?

If gurney wins will it be, it’s only an exhibition and the result doesn’t matter at all.

If duzza wins, he will be the 2nd best player in the world and after huge celebrations mongo and rolfs faces will look like a plasters radio.
County Player

Post by 1205 »

BlueSpark wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:47 pm Only one match I'm interested in watching there.
I don't know. The middle looks like it could be car crash TV:
- Will Rob Cross continue his drift back down to the "other players" at 5 to 8?
- Will Durrant play well on stage with nothing to lose but pride?
- Will van Barneveld get a point, or even win his first game of the season?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Garry Murphy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:32 am
ssjsa wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:22 am
Garry Murphy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:29 am
ssjsa wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:47 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:17 pm

really einstein ?

It was partly because of people like mardle who screamed loud enough and drew so much attention to it that the fine was so large.
Mardle went out of his way to make it out like he was committing some major crime which made it more public, which in turned made the fine possibly higher.

For the record I do not think the fine was excessive
considering he earned six figures from his win.
But feel free to moan and argue because of the poster than the actual point being made.
Deflectors on full mode. ;-)
the only one deflecting is you since you could not address the points made.
Ando choked, got a warning and pulled a sulk, and phil taylor was right, he did not deserve a fine, was done to placate a sore loser ando who choked
I wish the poster known as Garry Murphy could make his mind up. ;-)
you are really dense.

I dont believe gerwyn price deserved a fine at all...none. Just cos he made the choking and sulking ando cry..
if it was for fist pumping then others like MVG and Huybrechts should have been charged on that same rule in the past and were not so price deserved none

but since he was wrongly fined and the excuse given was it helped him win a game where he made around 60k more because of those supposed "antics" then a 20 odd grand fine was not excessive. in relation to what he earned because of it, and if price was to get an unjust fine, why did not ando get one for his constant encroaching ?
Ah I see .

You dont think Price should have been fined at all, but given he got fined 21.5k you dont believe that is excessive. Makes perfect sense now you have explained it. :WWWW:

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Pig-Bag going and Boro shirt on the way out.

The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Quoting looks bad to me too, using latest tapatalk.

Makes it hard to follow certain threads.
Thinking of one.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

GLEN DURRANT is determined to make the most of his Unibet Premier League debut in Glasgow on Thursday on the back of a 'magical month'.

Durrant lifted his third Lakeside Championship title in January, just four days before the start of UK Qualifying School where he secured his place on the PDC circuit for the next two years.

The Middlesbrough man wasted no time in making his mark on the ProTour, reaching the final of Players Championship 2 on Sunday, and is now preparing to star as the second Premier League Contender in Glasgow.

"I'm on cloud nine at the moment and I'm going to enjoy every second of the experience," said Durrant, who will face Players Champion Daryl Gurney live on Sky Sports.

"Just as I was about to head into a meeting at work I read that Gary Anderson had withdrawn but didn't think anything of it.

"During the meeting I could feel my phone doing some crazy things and when I came out my manager Mac Elkin told me 'you're in Glasgow next week', which was a surreal moment.

"To get that call was just the cherry on the cake of an amazing month, I don't think I could've written it any better.

"When I walk out on Thursday it will be up there with one of the best moments of my darts career and I want to give a great account of myself. If I don't enjoy it then I shouldn't be playing darts!

"Watching Chris Dobey's walk-on in Newcastle last week was an unbelievable, spine-tingling moment and it would mean the world to me if the crowd got behind me on Thursday.

"Daryl will give me an incredible tough game, he walloped me with a 114 average at an exhibition recently, but for me it's a real bonus to be playing in the Premier League and I'm going to grasp it with both hands."

Former Grand Slam of Darts quarter-finalist Durrant has enjoyed a whirlwind start to 2019, and tasted PDC ProTour action for the first time last weekend.

It was a disappointing start to PDC life for Durrant, who was edged out 6-5 by Alan Tabern in the opening round of Saturday's Players Championship 1, before bouncing back with a final berth in Sunday's event.

"I'll admit that elements of doubt started to creep in after I lost to Alan Tabern with a 99 average, it was a bit of a killer and I had a long night on Saturday thinking 'are people going to do this every week?'" Durrant continued.

"My first game on Sunday with rising star Madars Razma was very similar to the Tabern game but I learnt my lessons from day one and got through that one which was a relief.

"Playing Peter Wright felt great because it was the first time in a long time that I played a game where I was the underdog and I felt more relaxed and played my best darts.

"When I landed the 170 in the final I could hear a few gasps in the arena from those who were watching on the screens in there, which was a great moment but unfortunately I didn't quite get the win in the final.

"I definitely felt like I made a statement at the weekend; getting to a final cements the fact that I will bring something different to the party and that I can compete with the best.

"I found out that I was the most watched player of the weekend, which brought it home to me how much interest there is which is very flattering, but in another way I'm also looking forward to a time when the pressure is off me a bit."

Durrant pocketed £6,000 thanks to his run to the final of Players Championship 2, which has seen him elevated to 88th on the PDC Order of Merit after competing in just two events.

The 48-year-old took time to reflect on his hopes for the future both in and out of darts.

"I have to pinch myself when I think about how the last couple of months have gone for me, it's hard to imagine how things could've gone any better," Durrant added.

"I've made the decision to become a full-time professional dart player in 2019, and in March I will leave the company I have worked at for 30 years.

"When I finish working I've set out a plan to get myself fitter both physically and mentally. It will be nice to have more time to do things like going swimming and taking my wife out for dinner, as well as plenty of practise.

"I haven't got the natural talent that most of the other players have, I've got to where I am through hard work and dedication and that won't stop now.

"My number one goal is to play in Blackpool at the World Matchplay, my secondary objective is to play at Ally Pally and my third target is to win a ProTour or European Tour title which I came close to achieving already on Sunday.

"I also watched all the European Tour events on the PDC stream last year and I'd love to sample that atmosphere.

"I'm not looking back, the future is looking really bright for me at the moment and being the age I am I can appreciate it all,; I've had the best six to eight weeks of my life and I want it to continue."

Night Two of the Unibet Premier League in Glasgow will be shown live on Sky Sports, worldwide through the PDC's broadcast partners, and through PDCTV-HD for Rest of the World Subscribers.

Night Two - Thursday February 14
The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
Peter Wright v Michael Smith
Rob Cross v James Wade
Raymond van Barneveld v Gerwyn Price
Daryl Gurney v Glen Durrant
Mensur Suljovic v Michael van Gerwen

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Think Durrant will get a good reception from the crowd at The Hydro.

Little doubt that Price won't. :grin:

Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

ssjsa wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:30 am Think Durrant will get a good reception from the crowd at The Hydro.

Little doubt that Price won't. :grin:
Our pal Beppe will see to that :grin:
County Player

Post by 1205 »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:41 pm Pig-Bag going and Boro shirt on the way out.

That explains why he hasn't got a 3rd star on it.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Durrant wins tomorrow and watch the trolls claim its a victory for the bdo,, this is a major win etc... despite Durrant turning his back on the bdo and Durrant being a pdc player and tourcard holder.

However if Durrant loses, the same event will be again a meaningless exbo and the trolls will take the opposite stance.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Night Two Matches Courtesy of Unibet
Peter Wright 6/4 - Draw 10/3 - Michael Smith 6/5
Rob Cross 11/10 - Draw 17/5 - James Wade 7/4
Raymond Van Barneveld 13/8 - Draw 10/3 - Gerwyn Price 6/5
Daryl Gurney 8/5 - Draw 3/1 - Glen Durrant 13/10
Mensur Suljovic 13/2 - Draw 5/1 - Michael Van Gerwen 3/10