The death of a forum

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: The death of a forum

Post by nikkiboy »

Black Velvet wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:36 pm I assumed this was a new thread about the old place. Can’t remember what it was called now.
The DBG discussion forum?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Can’t remember mate.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

I'll ask paddy to ask his mate ifm (over on fanatics) when did this forum actually die.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

devosteve wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:01 pm I'll ask paddy to ask his mate ifm (over on fanatics) when did this forum actually die.
Wouldn't waste your time Steve.

Ifm made an arsehole of himself on a fairly consistent basis on the forum, and his Fusilier driven OP on this thread was one of the biggest meltdowns in this forum's history. When he sobered up, he was suitably embarrassed enough to desist posting on the forum, which is a decision we should all respect, rather than chase him across alternative fora. Let sleeping dogs lie.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

ssjsa wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:10 pm
devosteve wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:01 pm I'll ask paddy to ask his mate ifm (over on fanatics) when did this forum actually die.

Ifm made an arsehole of himself on a fairly consistent basis on the forum, and his Fusilier driven OP on this thread was one of the biggest meltdowns in this forum's history. When he sobered up, he was suitably embarrassed enough to desist posting on the forum, which is a decision we should all respect, rather than chase him across alternative fora. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Still acting the big 'I Am' I see, God forbid you should ever have to see those you slag off on here in person!!
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

daveboygreen wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:04 am

Still acting the big 'I Am' I see, God forbid you should ever have to see those you slag off on here in person!!
Like you did in Crewe eh Dave?

Put the bottle down and lay some carpet soft lad.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ssjsa wrote:

He’s doing a good enough job of having a meltdown on bdof this weekend
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

nikkiboy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:49 am

:DDD:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Come on it is pretty dead, just a handful of people posting now and most of that content is mindless bickering and piss taking. Ian was right in his original assumption. Maybe mortally wounded would be a better description at present........ ;-)
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Nantwich
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

:DDD:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

"I am round the corner watching F1 qualifying with a mate, I will be there in 10 minutes once it is finished"

Ah thats a point, just checked on my pristeen Betfair account and I can only get £50ew on a 50/1 shot for a driver to win the F1 championship. So how did Comedy Dave manage to get £375ew with the same bookie on the same market last year at the same odds?

Puzzling, isnt it? :WWWW:
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Good old David Mitty.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Sorry, my mistake, I can get £50ew on and they will send me a free bag of prawn crackers.
Big Jock Knew
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

But at what point will you go for a shit?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Black Velvet wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:40 am But at what point will you go for a shit?
Must be hard for him to have effluent coming out at both ends.
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

I bet a couple of ‘hits’ are being arranged as I type, well maybe in 6 hours when he gets out of his pit.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:34 am "I am round the corner watching F1 qualifying with a mate, I will be there in 10 minutes once it is finished"
To be fair it was a decent wind up at the time, had Oche checking his phone and watching the door anyways.

Dave should turn up to one meet up really, Lakeside would be best as he could replace that bloody carpet in the lobby after he's been thrown out of the hall, win win.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Lee Taylor wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:33 pm I’m sure there is a ‘this forum is dead’ thread every couple of months!

This forum (or ANY forum for that matter) will never be like the ‘good old days’ (when we first started TSOD, after the abrupt demise of The Stars of Darts)

Social Media is now the ‘go to’ medium for instant results, gossip and information – this wasn’t the case back in the supposed ‘good old days’.

Forums still have a place (clearly, as you are reading this) but they aren’t the places they once were.
Is this why you haven't logged on for over two months?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

BlueSpark wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:01 pm
Lee Taylor wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:33 pm I’m sure there is a ‘this forum is dead’ thread every couple of months!

This forum (or ANY forum for that matter) will never be like the ‘good old days’ (when we first started TSOD, after the abrupt demise of The Stars of Darts)

Social Media is now the ‘go to’ medium for instant results, gossip and information – this wasn’t the case back in the supposed ‘good old days’.

Forums still have a place (clearly, as you are reading this) but they aren’t the places they once were.
Is this why you haven't logged on for over two months?
Lee would be perfect for approving posts :)