Players Championship Tour 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
BlueSpark
International

Re: Players Championship Tour 2019

Post by BlueSpark »

At least Taylor was competitive in his farewell year, this effort from Barney is pathetic.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Edited version:

foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

phil davies wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:14 pm On a side note Barnard still yet to pick up any money was right that his head is fekked.
£500 today not made passed last64 he need good euro tour runs
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:First post I've made in the thread all day, pounced on within a minute.
It could be worse...

Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Doesn't take much to puzzle Oche
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

BlueSpark wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:40 pm Doesn't take much to puzzle Oche
He was only joking you know
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

daveboygreen wrote:
BlueSpark wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:40 pm Doesn't take much to puzzle Oche
He was only joking you know
Were you only joking when you said you'd placed 375 e/w on Raikkonen to win the drivers championship on Betfair?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

phil davies wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:04 pm And anyway if he was moaning then Glen can’t complain as he was simply beaten by someone playing a lot better than him so don’t look for excuses like so many others players do when they can’t take being beaten.

You’d have to think something happened for Duzza to have words as that’s not his style as you know.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

BlueSpark wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:10 pm McGeeneys average in the 80s nowhere near enough to get past the semi.
Destroyed in fact.

It was still enough for him to get to the semis though... :)
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

phil davies wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:02 pm
DavidB wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:54 pm
phil davies wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:04 pm And anyway if he was moaning then Glen can’t complain as he was simply beaten by someone playing a lot better than him so don’t look for excuses like so many others players do when they can’t take being beaten.

You’d have to think something happened for Duzza to have words as that’s not his style as you know.
People love to find an excuse when they lose to someone playing better than them.

Duzza has lost to many people playing better than him and he’s never had an issue with them has he...
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

phil davies wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:07 pm
DavidB wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:06 pm

People love to find an excuse when they lose to someone playing better than them.

Duzza has lost to many people playing better than him and he’s never had an issue with them has he...
You’ve witnessed every game he has ever played have you?

Erh??
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

DAVE CHISNALL claimed his second ProTour title of 2019 with an 8-6 defeat of Daryl Gurney in the final of Players Championship 7 in Wigan on Saturday.

The opening day of the fourth ProTour weekend of the year saw Chisnall follow up February's Players Championship 2 triumph by landing the 14th PDC title of his career at the Robin Park Tennis Centre.

Chisnall's day began with a 6-1 rout of Davy van Baelen, before he hit averages of 104.3, 102.7 and 108.4 to power past Ritchie Edhouse, Stephen Bunting and Rob Cross respectively to reach the quarter-finals.

There, he overcame Vincent van der Voort 6-3 to maintain his record of losing no more than three legs in a match throughout the day, before producing a magnificent 109.1 average to see off Mark McGeeney 7-2 in the semi-finals.

Chisnall continued to hit the treble 20 with incredible regularity in the final, taking the lead for the first time at the business end of the contest and seeing it out to claim the £10,000 top prize.

"I've been playing really well in practice and I knew I would take some beating today," said Chisnall, who also reached the semi-finals of Players Championship 5.

"There were some great performances from me today, I didn't bring my best game into the final but I took my chances at the crucial points.

"This could be a massive year for me, I believe I can win 15 or 16 titles. I'm playing well enough and I've got a great team behind me so why not?

"My goal is to be in all the big tournaments but you've got to be playing well to get in them and so far this year that's what I'm doing, now I need to keep my form going."

An enthralling final began with Chisnall missing four darts at double, allowing Gurney to break and take a 2-0 advantage, only for Chisnall to break back and follow it up with a 13-dart hold to level at 2-2.

A fantastically-timed 180 from Gurney piled the pressure on Chisnall, who missed two darts at double as Gurney stepped in to take out 60 to break and open up daylight at 5-3.

Once again, Chisnall fired back with an 11-dart break of throw, which he followed up with a 119 checkout on the bull to make it 5-5.

Gurney, who was competing in his tenth PDC final, regained the lead at 6-5 with a 13-darter, but Chisnall replied in kind to level it up once more and make it a race to two legs for the title.

Gurney then missed seven darts at double and Chisnall punished by landing double top to lead for the first time, before holding throw to complete a perfectly-timed sprint to the finish.

Players Championship Finals winner Gurney fell just short in his bid for a first floor title since 2017, but the Northern Irishman impressed with a string of impressive performances, including a 7-2 win over Gerwyn Price, to reach his first ProTour final since September 2018.

Mark McGeeney reached his first ProTour semi-final since winning his Tour Card in January, while Ron Meulenkamp and Van der Voort made it to the last eight of a ProTour event for the first time this year.

It was a disappointing return to ProTour action for Gary Anderson who exited at the last 64 stage along with Raymond van Barneveld, James Wade and Adrian Lewis, while there were shock first round defeats for Peter Wright and Michael Smith.

Sunday will see the second day of the Players Championship weekend in Wigan, with live streaming from two boards simultaneously on PDCTV-HD. Follow fixtures, results and live match stats through Dart Connect.

See full Players Championship 7 results in DartConnect.

Players Championship 7
Saturday March 16, Robin Park Tennis Centre, Wigan
Last 16
Ron Meulenkamp 6-4 Ross Smith
Mark McGeeney 6-3 Chris Dobey
Dave Chisnall 6-3 Rob Cross
Vincent van der Voort 6-3 Josh Payne
Gerwyn Price 6-0 Ricky Evans
Ryan Searle 6-4 Krzysztof Ratajski
Daryl Gurney 6-2 Keegan Brown
Jermaine Wattimena 6-2 Jeffrey de Zwaan

Quarter-Finals
Mark McGeeney 6-5 Ron Meulenkamp
Dave Chisnall 6-3 Vincent van der Voort
Gerwyn Price 6-4 Ryan Searle
Daryl Gurney 6-5 Jermaine Wattimena

Semi-Finals
Dave Chisnall 7-2 Mark McGeeney
Daryl Gurney 7-2 Gerwyn Price

Final
Dave Chisnall 8-6 Daryl Gurney

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

phil davies wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:21 pm Rob Cross has tweeted saying he won’t be playing tomorrow due to an illness that he was also suffering from today and thinks a day of rest is needed to not make it worse.
You know about every illness Rob Cross has had then do you?
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

phil davies wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:07 pm
DavidB wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:06 pm

You’ve witnessed every game he has ever played have you?
This coming from someone who feels the need to comment on just about every player and match...What a fecking hypocrite
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

daveboygreen wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:49 am
phil davies wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:21 pm Rob Cross has tweeted saying he won’t be playing tomorrow due to an illness that he was also suffering from today and thinks a day of rest is needed to not make it worse.
You know about every illness Rob Cross has had then do you?
Oh dear.
Big Jock Knew
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

From experience, constantly travelling like the brutal schedule that these guys have, you do get sick and exhaustion must surely catch up with you eventually.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dannyboy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:28 am From experience, constantly travelling like the brutal schedule that these guys have, you do get sick and exhaustion must surely catch up with you eventually.
No no no no Rob Cross isnt ill and he certainly didnt Tweet about it, Phil made it all up! Dave said so! Hic!
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

phil davies wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:00 am Just watched the Cross v Durrant match. Cross did nothing wrong. Their was no arguement. Durrant probably said something about Cross as he said “ miss miss miss” to himself as he walked to the board once after missing loads of doubles. This was at 3-3 Duzza then got we’ll beat by him from then on. Was probably annoyed at his own performance and said about it at the end of the game.

Cross is clearly heard on the mic saying ‘miss miss miss miss miss’ after he blew the d8 to go 4-3 up and as Duzza’s walking to the board. If that is what Duzza was eluding to Cross at the end of the match then you can see why. How is Duzza to know Cross wasn’t aiming that at him??

Cross then apologised after winning that leg eventually. Don’t get why Cross has to do that kind of thing, shows too much emotion really like in the disgraceful UK final.