County Player

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Mensur looks like he's found his throw. 2-2 Wades first dart has been awful
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

4-4, anyones game now. Both throwing some decent stuff now.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Mensur gets to 7 and starts throwing cack, though so does Wade at 7-5 but somehow takes out a 137 to break.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

phil davies wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:55 pm Not a great game but as I said earlier bookies were idiotic not having Mensur favorite given his record against Wade.
Good call Phil, made me a bit of cash before i go to work :DDDD:
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:57 pm
phil davies wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:55 pm Not a great game but as I said earlier bookies were idiotic not having Mensur favorite given his record against Wade.
Good call Phil, made me a bit of cash before i go to work :DDDD:
Don't work too hard mate
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

LiveDarts interview with Bullyboy.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

MVG giving Price a fist pump there at 7-6.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

ha ha

Gloria choked
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Post by BeppeBergomi »

Morning lads, busy times lately that's why I've been away from here however I'm extremely delighted to ask you to salute the guy at the top of table after silencing the Belfast boos and making an imperious display yesterday.

What is surprising me this year is the fact that MvG is losing a lot of points. A good sign though as it will balance more the league maybe. Bravo to the Welshman after yesterday's performance however. Its not easy taking points off van Gerwen.

Enjoyed watching the Mensur v Wade game as it was closely played just like the Wright v Smith one.

Good day all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ROB CROSS overcame hometown hero Daryl Gurney 8-4 as he moved to the top of the Unibet Premier League table after Michael van Gerwen drew with Gerwyn Price in Belfast on Thursday.

Northern Ireland's Gurney was given an incredible welcome at The SSE Arena as he made his second Premier League appearance in Belfast, but was unable to pick up two points as clinical Cross dashed his hopes.

The former World Champion averaged almost 105, hitting three ton-plus checkouts amongst 50 percent of his darts at a double to maintain his own charge towards the Play-Offs.

After Gurney took the opener, Cross silenced the home crowd with legs of 12 and 13 darts to lead and landed another 12-darter he moved 4-2 up.

Gurney responded with a crowd-pleasing 112 combination, but Cross claimed three of the next four to seal a point before securing the win by finishing 124 on the bull.

"I hit the big scores at the right times and I'm happy with the performance and the win," said Cross.

"I've been scoring big and doing the right things at the right times, and darts is all about timing. If you can deliver the big shots at the right time, they hurt."

The win leaves Cross a point clear at the top of the table ahead of World Champion Van Gerwen, who came from 7-5 down to snatch a draw with Price.

Welshman Price was aiming to claim his first career win over the Dutchman, and came from a leg down to lead 5-1 with a superb run, which included a huge 128 bull finish.

Van Gerwen pulled the deficit back to 5-4 and 6-5, but three missed doubles in leg 12 allowed Price to seal a minimum of a point at 7-5.

The world number one took out 90 with two double 18s to force a deciding leg, with Price then scoring 140, 135 and 180 only to miss two match darts at tops as Van Gerwen took out 82 to share the spoils.

"Before the game I'd have taken a point but I'm still disappointed," admitted Price. "I should have beaten him.

"At 4-1 or 5-1 you start to think you've got him right where you want him, but for three legs I went to sleep.

"You always know he's going to come back with something big and he showed that in the last leg, but I bombed a lot of opportunities in that game.

"I'm disappointed but I'm happy in another way - not many people will take points from Michael. It's so close that every point is vital."

Van Gerwen conceded: "I missed too many doubles and I shouldn't put myself in that position - at one point I was on 1/11 but I always believe in myself.

"He played really good darts and this game had everything. I hoped I would get one chance and I'm glad he gave me it."

Mensur Suljovic claimed his fifth victory of the season as he overcame James Wade 8-6, denying the 2009 champion the chance to snatch a draw with a 14-darter in a deciding leg which featured seven perfect darts.

Suljovic hit back from 2-0 down to lead 3-2, with Wade then taking out 96 to regain the lead before four successive legs - including a ten-dart finish - saw the Austrian move 7-4 up.

Wade finished double ten and a superb 137 checkout as he took the game all the way, but Suljovic opened the deciding leg with two 180s and bounced back from missing out on a nine-darter to nail double six for victory.

"It's a brilliant feeling," said Suljovic, who moves above Wade in the table. "James got 2-0 up but I had to focus on my game and I did that.

"To draw seven-all would have been good but I'm so happy that I got the win because James is a brilliant player."

Peter Wright and Michael Smith drew for the second time this season as they shared the points in a tight encounter.

Smith finished 108, 130 and an 11-darter in the early stages, but Wright claimed the first break in leg 11 to move 6-5 up with a 14-darter.

2018 Premier League finalist Smith responded in the same manner to break back and then finished 85 on the bull to secure a point at 7-6, but Wright landed a 180 in the deciding leg before double four secured a draw.

"It's frustrating," admitted Smith. "I needed two points tonight to move me closer to the top four and I'm annoyed with myself, but I got a point and that's better than getting beaten.

"The only leg I deserved to lose was the last one - I couldn't finish him off and my doubles were shocking."

Wright said: "I was disappointed with my whole match. I didn't really start scoring until the last three or four legs and my finishing kept me in it.

"Both of us could still make the Play-Offs but there's still a lot of games to go yet."

The Unibet Premier League continues on Thursday April 11 with Night 11 at The M&S Bank Arena in Liverpool, where local star Smith will take on Van Gerwen in a repeat of January's World Championship final.

League leader Cross will play Wright, third-placed Suljovic takes on Price and Gurney faces Wade in the other three ties in Liverpool. For tickets, click here or call 0344 8000 400.

Next

2019 Unibet Premier League
Night Ten - Thursday April 4
The SSE Arena, Belfast
Mensur Suljovic 8-6 James Wade
Michael Smith 7-7 Peter Wright
Rob Cross 8-4 Daryl Gurney
Michael van Gerwen 7-7 Gerwyn Price

Night 11 - Thursday April 11
M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
Rob Cross v Peter Wright
Gerwyn Price v Mensur Suljovic
James Wade v Daryl Gurney
Michael Smith v Michael van Gerwen

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

LiveDarts interview with Gerwyn Price.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

fling
County Player

Post by fling »

Not sure why they refer to Gurney as a hometown hero in Belfast when he comes from Derry/Londonderry which is 70 miles away.
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Post by mshaw2 »

fling wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:17 am Not sure why they refer to Gurney as a hometown hero in Belfast when he comes from Derry/Londonderry which is 70 miles away.
This is why the aliens won't visit us.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

mshaw2 wrote:
fling wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:17 am Not sure why they refer to Gurney as a hometown hero in Belfast when he comes from Derry/Londonderry which is 70 miles away.
This is why the aliens won't visit us.
Bloody hell, he is alive!
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

LiveDarts interview with Mensur.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ROB CROSS is sitting pretty at the top of the Unibet Premier League and feeling fresh for the run-in ahead of his meeting with Peter Wright in Liverpool on Thursday.

Cross has enjoyed a successful second Premier League campaign so far, with six wins from his last seven outings leaving him well placed to reach The O2 for back-to-back Play-Offs appearances.

The former World Champion's next assignment sees him face 2017 finalist Wright at the M&S Bank Arena, and Cross is feeling confident of sustaining his high level of performance for the remaining six matches of the season.

“I believe I’m better this year. I’m not fighting myself to grind out results like I was this time last year," said Cross, who will open the show in Liverpool against Wright on Thursday night.

"The busy schedule is mayhem but it's a good mayhem! I've managed my time a lot better this year, I'm enjoying life and I'm enjoying my darts so no complaints

"I spent a lot of last year as a sponge, learning about playing at the top level of the sport week-in, week-out but I didn't really develop as I would've liked but this year I'm improving.

"First of all my aim is to qualify for the Play-Offs and then look to top the table, which would be an amazing thing for me to do.

"Peter was world number two for a long time, he's a player I would never take for granted. If I take my chances I'll win but if I don't I'll lose - it's as simple as that."

Cross' last two Premier League matches have seen him defeat Jeffrey de Zwaan and Daryl Gurney in front of their home crowds in Rotterdam and Belfast.

The world number two admitted he faced difficult times in both matches, but held his nerve to pick up a vital four point haul in his bid to claim a maiden Premier League title.

"I walked out in Belfast and it felt like I'd just started the Premier League again, I felt so fresh," Cross added.

"It was all about big scoring and taking my chances with a lot of last darts in hand.

"I felt a bit absorbed by the crowd in Belfast in the first leg but Daryl never got going and I took advantage of that.

"The crowd went quieter more quickly than the previous week, which threw me a bit, but it was very pleasing to get that win in Belfast."

Night 11 of the Unibet Premier League in Liverpool will be shown live on Sky Sports, worldwide through the PDC's broadcast partners, and through video.pdc.tv for Rest of the World Subscribers.

Night 11 - Thursday April 11
M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
Rob Cross v Peter Wright
Gerwyn Price v Mensur Suljovic
James Wade v Daryl Gurney
Michael Smith v Michael van Gerwen

dartsweekly
The Ton Club

Post by dartsweekly »

Episode 100 of the Weekly Dartscast podcast and we're joined by Gerwyn Price, Diogo Portela and Matthew Kiernan (The Darting Nerd). Thank you to anyone who has listened!

https://weeklydartscast.com/2019/04/11/ ... -and-more/
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Congrats on the 100th episode.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

And not a penny paid to the site in advertising. Kudos.
Big Jock Knew