Post by Deleted User »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/47967746

Good for him.
Gando got off lightly compared to him.

All we want is consistency.
County Player

Re: Gerwyn Price contests fine

Post by 1205 »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:50 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/47967746

Good for him.

When he says "I did nothing different", it's a blatant lie. And for that, I hope they reject his appeal.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Not a great move. Bite the bullet and move on.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

phil davies wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:40 pm
ChrisW wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:37 pm Not a great move. Bite the bullet and move on.
Why should he?

The PDPA need to actually write rules down with the punishments that will be applied for them instead of making them up on the spot and treating diffrent players differently.
I just feel it won't do him any good.
I think the fine was too high, but not sure this will turn out well for him.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Will be interesting to see what will happen next. Price's fine was too much IMO, he deserved a fine
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

phil davies wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:39 pm Gando should have been fined more for what he did physically pushing an opponent. Plus Gezzy should have been fined more for what he did against Ratajski in the PC finals. His fine for the GSOD was utterly pathetic by the PDPA.
Pushing an opponent, listen to yourself. If the opponent won't clear the oche and the referee won't take action then a nudge to tell him you're waiting to throw is not worthy of a fine. Should have thrown his darts at him in my opinion, that would have speeded him up.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

phil davies wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:38 pm
nikkiboy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:31 pm
phil davies wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:39 pm Gando should have been fined more for what he did physically pushing an opponent. Plus Gezzy should have been fined more for what he did against Ratajski in the PC finals. His fine for the GSOD was utterly pathetic by the PDPA.
Pushing an opponent, listen to yourself. If the opponent won't clear the oche and the referee won't take action then a nudge to tell him you're waiting to throw is not worthy of a fine. Should have thrown his darts at him in my opinion, that would have speeded him up.
So it’s fine for Gando to physically push his opponent. Price or any other player doesn’t have to rush to the board to get his darts out. Why people think that this is the case is beyond me.

Like I said what he did against Ratty at the players was much worse and should have seen a big fine.
'physically push' you make it sound like an assault ffs, due to price's antics the rules are being changed which tells you who was to blame for the altercation.
Like I said when someone is blatantly cheating and the officials do nothing then imo gando was well controlled to only nudge him and not knock the cheat out.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

I personally think what James Wade did at the WOrld's was worse and it also had a much bigger influence on the outcome of the match.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

nikkiboy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:53 pm
So it’s fine for Gando to physically push his opponent. Price or any other player doesn’t have to rush to the board to get his darts out. Why people think that this is the case is beyond me.

Like I said what he did against Ratty at the players was much worse and should have seen a big fine.
'physically push' you make it sound like an assault ffs, due to price's antics the rules are being changed which tells you who was to blame for the altercation.
Like I said when someone is blatantly cheating and the officials do nothing then imo gando was well controlled to only nudge him and not knock the cheat out.
To be fair price was in no way imtimadated by gando. And gando couldn't handle it.

It's good that price is now cutting back on the over y the top antics but I still feel the fine was too harsh.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

The game is worth millions and someone like price acting like he does will not only cost sponsors but influence broadcast contracts for the future, act the bad boy by all means but he gets people to turn off their TVs and that is a worry to the pdc and the game hence the big fine and rule changes.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Might have a punt on Smith for tonight. With this on his mind and the crowd cheering him on will be a messing with his heed. :)
Last edited by ChrisW on Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

phil davies wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:15 am
nikkiboy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:53 pm

Gando cheated throughout by encroaching as he often does in games. He is only below King for being the biggest moaner in darts. Had a go at Gurney for no reason other than he was being outplayed by him at the Grand Prix. Had a go at Platt in Australia for nothing. Got annoyed with a Yank whose name escapes me at the moment at the worlds a couple of years back when he wasn’t doing anything wrong. Used to get annoyed at Mensur.

The bloke just can’t handle it when people don’t the play the way he thinks they should against him. You don’t have to play the way your opponent wants you too it’s more important to play in a way that most benefits your own game. If I was price I would celebrate even more against him next time given he can’t handle it.
Scotty Kirchner, who actually ended up with the higher average IIRC. Some of the Americans take the living pos with slow play, but what Kirchner did was nothing on that:

Basically, Gando needs to toughen the fuck up and realise that not everyone is gonna roll over and get their tummies tickled
Mensur Suljovic Fan
The Ton Club

Post by Mensur Suljovic Fan »

And fuck off with this 'bad for the image of the game' shite, like fuck is it gonna turn off sponsors. Sure, a small minority want it to, and will turn off their screens, but 99.9% of darts fans, casual or hardcore, aren't so bothered that they'll stop watching lol
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

The fine was appropriate, hopefully he has learned his lesson and refrains from purposely putting opponents off.
Not that I like players being boring players like Lowe and Durrant, but he crossed a line. Glad it has been recognised as such.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

So he should appeal.. The most outrageous fine ever.. The DRAshouldnt have a leg to stand on in defending this in my opinion
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

1205 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:29 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:50 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/47967746

Good for him.

When he says "I did nothing different", it's a blatant lie. And for that, I hope they reject his appeal.
Yes they should double his fine for being a complete tool......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
County Player

Post by 1205 »

phil davies wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:15 amGando cheated throughout by encroaching as he often does in games.
Do you have a still image of Anderson standing within the exclusion zone while Price was throwing his darts?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

1205 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:42 pm
phil davies wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:15 amGando cheated throughout by encroaching as he often does in games.
Do you have a still image of Anderson standing within the exclusion zone while Price was throwing his darts?
of course he doesn't
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

All Phil does is tell the truth, so there you have it.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:32 pm All Phil does is tell the truth, so there you have it.
He has a master in it. :grin: