International

Re: Basgooner - Don’t pick up the soap

Post by ChrisW »

You said it stood for 'Idiot'
Wookiee
Pub Champion

Post by Wookiee »

Ginge wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:56 pmEh?
Can't you read? You're not having your day.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wookiee wrote:
Ginge wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:56 pmEh?
Can't you read? You're not having your day.
Ha!
Big Jock Knew
A massive zebra
Feather Flights

Post by A massive zebra »

Ginge wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:30 pm Maybe go and visit him in jail and take him a cake.
Do you know which prison he is in?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

A massive zebra wrote:
Ginge wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:30 pm Maybe go and visit him in jail and take him a cake.
Would asusme they stay local so try one of the two on the island.
Big Jock Knew
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Can't be local as Albany & Parkhurst aren;t for minor offences

Camp Hill was but it closed
Last edited by el_ringo on Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

A massive zebra wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:14 pm
You could continue your stalking of his details and enlighten everyone.
A massive zebra
Feather Flights

Re: Basgooner

BlueSpark wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:52 pm
A massive zebra wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:21 pm
Ginge wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:15 pm Listed 2nd at Newport (IOW) Crown Court tomorrow, for sentencing. Has a middle initial of "I", I assume it must stand for "Idiot".
His middle name is Ian. Various press releases have stated he is 49 years old. The only person with a matching name born in the UK at an appropriate time was Darren Ian Hawken, born in Basingstoke, Hampshire in Q3 1969.
Why would you look that up?
In order to test Ginge's hypothesis, of course!
A massive zebra
Feather Flights

BlueSpark wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:25 pm
A massive zebra wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:14 pm
You could continue your stalking of his details and enlighten everyone.
Unfortunately I only have access to the births, marriages and deaths registers plus 100+ year old census records, not prison registers. :-(
PT13
Pub Champion

Post by PT13 »

el_ringo wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:25 pm Can't be local as Albany & Parkhurst aren;t for minor offences

Camp Hill was but it closed
Minor offences? According to the judge, Basgooner's crimes were "very serious offences". They live in a different world to us ordinary folk. They are just annoyed that somebody who isn't a corporate bigwig made over £100,000 tax free without them knowing, and didn't stuff it in a secret Swiss bank account or a tax haven in somewhere like Panama or the Virgin Islands.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

PT13 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:52 pm
Minor offences? According to the judge, Basgooner's crimes were "very serious offences". They live in a different world to us ordinary folk. They are just annoyed that somebody who isn't a corporate bigwig made over £100,000 tax free without them knowing, and didn't stuff it in a secret Swiss bank account or a tax haven in somewhere like Panama or the Virgin Islands.
Well Albany is for sex offenders so it won't be there and Parkhurst is for Cat B prisoners people sentenced to over 4 years. Parkhurst can take local persons generally on remand but you won't be held in a prison where its likely for you to know personally anyone who is a prison guard.

It won't be tax free btw they will also look to recover the unpaid tax alongside any asset recovery so if he has zero assets etc to be recovered they will use civil recovery for the unpaid tax and bankrupt him.

is he married ? with kids ? As they will be in for a fun time over the next few years if he is.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I dont think he has any kids. Haven’t seen him in years.
Nice bloke is Darren, but you commit the crime you do the time. Can’t have any complaints, knew what he was doing.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I would also be gutted if I planned to visit the USA, having 4 convictions of the same thing you can kiss goodbye for entry, unless you blag it on the online form.
PT13
Pub Champion

Post by PT13 »

I meant tax free before his house was raided.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:I would also be gutted if I planned to visit the USA, having 4 convictions of the same thing you can kiss goodbye for entry, unless you blag it on the online form.
You would be an idiot to even attempt to fill in an ESTA with his convictions and then travel to the States, you would no doubt be turned away at passport control.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Flights to Las Vegas next January for the LV open just £332 return, I was just looking.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:28 pm
BlueSpark wrote:I would also be gutted if I planned to visit the USA, having 4 convictions of the same thing you can kiss goodbye for entry, unless you blag it on the online form.
You would be an idiot to even attempt to fill in an ESTA with his convictions and then travel to the States, you would no doubt be turned away at passport control.
No chance of getting into the good old USA with convictions on your record, regardless of what it says on your ESTA. In fact a fraudulent ESTA form would get you into serious shit.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:Flights to Las Vegas next January for the LV open just £332 return, I was just looking.
Back out there in mid-September. Cant do cattle class so its cost me a bit more than that!
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:46 pm
nikkiboy wrote:Flights to Las Vegas next January for the LV open just £332 return, I was just looking.
Back out there in mid-September. Cant do cattle class so its cost me a bit more than that!
Works out ok as long as you remember to book your seat as soon as it opens, do some research on the plane and choose seats with more space.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ssjsa wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:46 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:28 pm
No chance of getting into the good old USA with convictions on your record, regardless of what it says on your ESTA. In fact a fraudulent ESTA form would get you into serious shit.
I disagree, they have no routine access to your uk record without contacting Interpol I believe. They do not check everyone flying into the country, it’s a risk you take, they could check you and find out once you are at immigration after being selected for more stringent checks.