Re: World Trophy 2019 qualifiers

Post by Deleted User »

oche balboa wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:00 pm Still no news on the venue
The last 3 words were superfluous.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Is this shite still not on?

Never going to sell ticket 1 for this farce.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Des looking a little sillier day by day after all his promises about sponsors, venues and most importantly, that it will all be done in plenty of time to sell tickets.
They are going to guarantee a piss poor turnout once again.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Skewball wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:01 pm Des looking a little sillier day by day after all his promises about sponsors, venues and most importantly, that it will all be done in plenty of time to sell tickets.
You've put "turnout' instead of "tournament". :D :D
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:04 pm
Skewball wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:01 pm Des looking a little sillier day by day after all his promises about sponsors, venues and most importantly, that it will all be done in plenty of time to sell tickets.
You've put "turnout' instead of "tournament". :D :D
:DDD:
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Skewball with his anti bdo rhetoric again
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

oche balboa wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:21 pm Skewball with his anti bdo rhetoric again
So Oche what is incorrect about Skewballs post?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

After the pitiful showings at the last two of these, I am sure a lot of people would have been put off by that alone.
They are not learning lessons.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

BlueSpark wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:22 pm
After the pitiful showings at the last two of these, I am sure a lot of people would have been put off by that alone.
They are not learning lessons.
Maybe it is out of his control. Stuff from the past holding things up (I am sure he posted that).

reckon this event can't (or Des won't) go ahead without a sponsor and it looks like they have not got one. The previous board ran this event using BDO reserves. For what end? To keep a few players happy who were never going anywhere!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Oh. I still reckon Des (or the board I guess when it comes to negative news) should cancel this. It wouldn't be missed really as long as the masters and the world championships go ahead (and are successful).
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

devosteve wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:54 pm Oh. I still reckon Des (or the board I guess when it comes to negative news) should cancel this. It wouldn't be missed really as long as the masters and the world championships go ahead (and are successful).
The Masters really means nothing any more. The WDT is now just a vanity project. The sole reason I am interested in them is for piss taking purposes.
The Worlds are a different story.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

devosteve wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:54 pm Oh. I still reckon Des (or the board I guess when it comes to negative news) should cancel this. It wouldn't be missed really as long as the masters and the world championships go ahead (and are successful).
Why would he cancel something he has a 3-year tv deal for? It will go ahead, everything else about it other than the players invited is still tbc. Same old until proved otherwise!
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

SPONSORSHIPS
Despite all the bad publicity received by the BDO of late I have had several meetings with a major overseas sports company who are interested in investing within the BDO, this investment would be across the board, BICC, the professional game, (men’s and ladies) youth and disabled. The contracts that we negotiate need to cover a longer period of agreementi .e.24 or 36 months that will give sponsors more continuity for promotion of not only their current brands but also any future product launches and thereby making a partnership with the BDO more attractive in the long term.
TOURNAMENT VENUES
One of our most embarrassing issues is the sort of venue we choose, I’m looking at more upmarket and well-appointed venues with glitz and glamour in easily accessible areas of the Country,after all we are the BRITISH DARTS ORGANISATION and should try and lead by example,I have already negotiated several great venues to replace existing ones along with new competitions with high incentive sponsorship.
Anyone know how high the level of incentive sponsorship the venue Des 'found' for the on off on Youth Festival was ?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Methinks Des is finding out that the damage done to the BDO by the previous administration is beyond repair. It's almost one of those situations where it may be better if this tournament doesn't go ahead given it has no sponsor, no venue and sells no tickets.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

nikkiboy wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:36 pm Methinks Des is finding out that the damage done to the BDO by the previous administration is beyond repair. It's almost one of those situations where it may be better if this tournament doesn't go ahead given it has no sponsor, no venue and sells no tickets.
The only difference to previous years is they actually have tv sorted not leaving to week of the event
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Maybe he’s talking to Lawrence Bassini?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

nikkiboy wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:36 pm Methinks Des is finding out that the damage done to the BDO by the previous administration is beyond repair. It's almost one of those situations where it may be better if this tournament doesn't go ahead given it has no sponsor, no venue and sells no tickets.
We all know that, but he has announced the qualifiers and dates. Can’t go back on it now he would look a right tit.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Addicks Fan wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:18 pm
Why would he cancel something he has a 3-year tv deal for? It will go ahead, everything else about it other than the players invited is still tbc. Same old until proved otherwise!
If no sponsors then the BDO will be skint (some think) or have a big chunk of reserves gone. Plus if venue is announced late and you get crowds like they did at Preston it damages the product. Even Duzza was embarrassed last year with the crowd.

And I reckon the ladies prize fund would have to increase (unless Des' promise of a 'shocking' rise is only related to the world champs) thus more expense.

I don't think it is worth the effort. Put everything into the other 2 majors.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Dannyboy wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:46 pm Maybe he’s talking to Lawrence Bassini?
can't be. That guy is in talks with barry hearn (and thus the PDC) to bring the UK open back to Bolton ( to the the reebok, as it was called).
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

devosteve wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:54 pm
Addicks Fan wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:18 pm
If no sponsors then the BDO will be skint (some think) or have a big chunk of reserves gone. Plus if venue is announced late and you get crowds like they did at Preston it damages the product. Even Duzza was embarrassed last year with the crowd.
Begging people to come down if I remember.
Desperate stuff.