2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
devosteve
International

Re: PDC Premier League 2019

Post by devosteve »

only just watched the Gurney price incident (and listened to Price interview). Gurney clearly in the wrong there. Surely the DRA have got to come down heavily on him?

Thought Price handled the interview well. came across well balanced and sober minded.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

devosteve wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:17 am only just watched the Gurney price incident (and listened to Price interview). Gurney clearly in the wrong there. Surely the DRA have got to come down heavily on him?

Thought Price handled the interview well. came across well balanced and sober minded.
Price suggesting players are trying to rile him up to get the suspended ban actually brought into play.

Wouldn't be at all surprised. Gurney seems the sort to pull a stunt like that.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:42 pm
devosteve wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:17 am only just watched the Gurney price incident (and listened to Price interview). Gurney clearly in the wrong there. Surely the DRA have got to come down heavily on him?

Price suggesting players are trying to rile him up to get the suspended ban actually brought into play.

If he doesn't react then he will have nothing to worry about.
What would he have done if his opponents had reacted in the past to some of his antics?
daraghj82
Steady Sixties

Post by daraghj82 »

gurney out of order big time, price reacted quite well given how much he was provoked, don't think it will be the last time gurney will behave like this
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Or maybe it's just paranoia and persecution complexes of edgy players coming out, treating everything as intentional or having an ulterior motive.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

1205 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:39 pm

Or maybe it's just paranoia and persecution complexes of edgy players coming out, treating everything as intentional or having an ulterior motive.
OK, thanks.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

1205 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:39 pm

The two most odious people in the modern game, they will cause the game harm if they are allowed to continue.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
McCleaner
Feather Flights

Post by McCleaner »

The over celebrating makes a lot of PDC players hard to watch these days. Its more like a contest to see who can put the opponent off, sad. The DRA should come down hard on all involved before it gets even worse.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

THE 2019 Unibet Premier League's regular season concludes final league at the First Direct Arena in Leeds on Thursday, where four players are vying for the final two Play-Off places.

The tightest ever league phase will reach its climax in Yorkshire in arguably the most pivotal night of league action in the competition's 15-year history.

James Wade, Mensur Suljovic, Daryl Gurney and Gerwyn Price all still harbour hopes of making it to The O2 on May 23, while Rob Cross and Michael van Gerwen are battling it out for top spot and the £25,000 league leader bonus.

All four games will have a bearing on the final finishing positions on a crucial night of action, beginning when sixth-placed Gerwyn Price takes on Peter Wright - who sits eighth - in the opening game of the night.

Welshman Price must win or draw to keep his Play-Off hopes alive and then hope results go his way later in the night, and the Grand Slam of Darts Champion is hoping he won't be left ruing missed chances amongst six draws this season.

"At the start of the league I would've taken this position but going back five or six weeks I would've been disappointed for the situation to be out of my hands," said Price, who drew 7-7 with Play-Off chasing rival Gurney in Sheffield last Thursday but missed one match dart.

"Last week's game meant a lot to me, I knew I needed a win or at least a draw and I should've won. But it didn't go my way and I've got to move on now.

"If I don't go through it's still been a brilliant year for me in the Premier League, even though I drew too many games. I'm going to keep being me and playing my own game."

The focus then moves to fifth-placed Daryl Gurney, who takes on already-eliminated Michael Smith and knows that he must better the results of Price and Suljovic.

The Northern Irishman pinned a pivotal double 16 with his last dart in hand against Price in Sheffield to take a big step towards making his Play-Offs debut.

"For me, that game was the biggest of the season," reflected Gurney. "He was the far better player and probably should have won the game, and I did well to get a draw,"said Gurney.

"I came away with a very important point. If I'd lost that game and Gerwyn had won it he would have been in the driving seat to qualify for The O2, but we got a draw so if Gerwyn wins [in Leeds] I've got to win.

"I think it leads for a very interesting last week, and I know it's going to be a very difficult game against Michael Smith. He is a sleeping giant right now - the most naturally gifted player there is on the circuit."

Fourth-placed Suljovic competes in the third tie of the evening, against Van Gerwen, and knows that he must better the results of Gurney and Price in their earlier games.

"Of course it will be really hard and I know I have to play well to beat Michael, but I will give it my all," said Suljovic.

"It's been a great Premier League and I hope I can make the top four and play in the Play-Offs. I've loved the Premier League this season and I don't want it to end this week."

Third-placed Wade will qualify with a win or a draw from his tie with Cross in the night's final fixture, although if Gurney or Suljovic fail to win then the 2009 champion will have qualified for the Play-Offs before throwing a dart.

"I was disappointed to only come away with a draw last week, but it could turn out to be a good point," said Wade.

"I know what I've got to do now, the equation for me is simple so it's up to me to go out there and do it against Rob on Thursday."

Cross moved a step closer to joining Phil Taylor and Van Gerwen as the third player in history to top the league phase with an 8-4 victory over Suljovic in Sheffield last week, and a win over Wade would guarantee a finish at the top of the pile.

In doing so, the former World Champion would end Van Gerwen's record of topping the league phase every year since his 2013 debut, while also pocketing the £25,000 bonus for topping the standings.

"It would be a real privilege to join Phil and Michael on the list of league phase winners," said Cross, who has won ten matches in this year's competition, more than any other player.

"If it was easy to do then there would be a fair few more players on that list, so I can't take for granted how special it would be.

"I've got a tough game against James on Thursday, he's played brilliant darts throughout the Premier League and he's got a great chance to qualify. I'm going to have to play proper darts to get the win and I believe I will."

Meanwhile, Van Gerwen will be aiming to put the pressure on Cross in their battle to top the final league table in his meeting with Suljovic.

The Dutchman sits a point behind Cross but has superior leg difference, so would move top with a draw ahead of the 2018 World Champion's meeting with Wade in the final tie in Leeds.

"I can only blame myself for being in this position - I lost too many points this year,"said Van Gerwen.

"I think I can make up the point difference on Rob, I've been there before and I know what it takes so I will hopefully pile the pressure onto him with a win over Mensur."

Night 16 of the Unibet Premier League in Leeds will be shown live on Sky Sports, worldwide through the PDC's broadcast partners, and through video.pdc.tv for Rest of the World Subscribers.

Tickets for Thursday's Unibet Premier League at the First Direct Arena in Leeds are still available and can be PURCHASED HERE or by calling 0844 248 1585.

Hospitality Packages can be purchased through Sport and Music.

Night 16 - Thursday May 16
First Direct Arena, Leeds
Gerwyn Price v Peter Wright
Daryl Gurney v Michael Smith
Michael van Gerwen v Mensur Suljovic
James Wade v Rob Cross
Tickets: 0844 248 1585 or click here

Unibet Premier League - Night 16 Permutations

James Wade
Qualifies with a win or a draw.
If Gurney or Suljovic do not win, Wade has qualified before playing his match.

Gerwyn Price
If Price draws, he needs Suljovic and Gurney to lose.
If Price wins, he needs Suljovic and Gurney not to win.

Daryl Gurney
Needs a better result than Mensur Suljovic and Gerwyn Price. 

Mensur Suljovic
Needs a better result than Daryl Gurney and Gerwyn Price.

Players tied on points are split as follows:
League Points
Leg Difference (+/-)
Legs Won Against Throw (LWAT)
Tournament Average from Sportradar

Unibet Premier League – Night 16 Match Odds
13/10 Gerwyn Price – Draw 7/2 – Peter Wright 7/5
5/4 Daryl Gurney – Draw 7/2 – Michael Smith 6/4
3/10 Michael van Gerwen – Draw 11/2 – Mensur Suljovic 6/1
39/20 James Wade – Draw 33/10 – Rob Cross Evens

2019 Unibet Premier League - To Win Outright
Michael van Gerwen - 13/25
Rob Cross - 4/1
James Wade - 8/1
Daryl Gurney - 12/1
Gerwyn Price - 20/1
Mensur Suljovic - 40/1

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

THE 2019 Unibet Premier League's regular season concludes final league at the First Direct Arena in Leeds on Thursday, where four players are vying for the final two Play-Off places.

The tightest ever league phase will reach its climax in Yorkshire in arguably the most pivotal night of league action in the competition's 15-year history.

James Wade, Mensur Suljovic, Daryl Gurney and Gerwyn Price all still harbour hopes of making it to The O2 on May 23, while Rob Cross and Michael van Gerwen are battling it out for top spot and the £25,000 league leader bonus.

All four games will have a bearing on the final finishing positions on a crucial night of action, beginning when sixth-placed Gerwyn Price takes on Peter Wright - who sits eighth - in the opening game of the night.

Welshman Price must win or draw to keep his Play-Off hopes alive and then hope results go his way later in the night, and the Grand Slam of Darts Champion is hoping he won't be left ruing missed chances amongst six draws this season.

"At the start of the league I would've taken this position but going back five or six weeks I would've been disappointed for the situation to be out of my hands," said Price, who drew 7-7 with Play-Off chasing rival Gurney in Sheffield last Thursday but missed one match dart.

"Last week's game meant a lot to me, I knew I needed a win or at least a draw and I should've won. But it didn't go my way and I've got to move on now.

"If I don't go through it's still been a brilliant year for me in the Premier League, even though I drew too many games. I'm going to keep being me and playing my own game."

The focus then moves to fifth-placed Daryl Gurney, who takes on already-eliminated Michael Smith and knows that he must better the results of Price and Suljovic.

The Northern Irishman pinned a pivotal double 16 with his last dart in hand against Price in Sheffield to take a big step towards making his Play-Offs debut.

"For me, that game was the biggest of the season," reflected Gurney. "He was the far better player and probably should have won the game, and I did well to get a draw,"said Gurney.

"I came away with a very important point. If I'd lost that game and Gerwyn had won it he would have been in the driving seat to qualify for The O2, but we got a draw so if Gerwyn wins [in Leeds] I've got to win.

"I think it leads for a very interesting last week, and I know it's going to be a very difficult game against Michael Smith. He is a sleeping giant right now - the most naturally gifted player there is on the circuit."

Fourth-placed Suljovic competes in the third tie of the evening, against Van Gerwen, and knows that he must better the results of Gurney and Price in their earlier games.

"Of course it will be really hard and I know I have to play well to beat Michael, but I will give it my all," said Suljovic.

"It's been a great Premier League and I hope I can make the top four and play in the Play-Offs. I've loved the Premier League this season and I don't want it to end this week."

Third-placed Wade will qualify with a win or a draw from his tie with Cross in the night's final fixture, although if Gurney or Suljovic fail to win then the 2009 champion will have qualified for the Play-Offs before throwing a dart.

"I was disappointed to only come away with a draw last week, but it could turn out to be a good point," said Wade.

"I know what I've got to do now, the equation for me is simple so it's up to me to go out there and do it against Rob on Thursday."

Cross moved a step closer to joining Phil Taylor and Van Gerwen as the third player in history to top the league phase with an 8-4 victory over Suljovic in Sheffield last week, and a win over Wade would guarantee a finish at the top of the pile.

In doing so, the former World Champion would end Van Gerwen's record of topping the league phase every year since his 2013 debut, while also pocketing the £25,000 bonus for topping the standings.

"It would be a real privilege to join Phil and Michael on the list of league phase winners," said Cross, who has won ten matches in this year's competition, more than any other player.

"If it was easy to do then there would be a fair few more players on that list, so I can't take for granted how special it would be.

"I've got a tough game against James on Thursday, he's played brilliant darts throughout the Premier League and he's got a great chance to qualify. I'm going to have to play proper darts to get the win and I believe I will."

Meanwhile, Van Gerwen will be aiming to put the pressure on Cross in their battle to top the final league table in his meeting with Suljovic.

The Dutchman sits a point behind Cross but has superior leg difference, so would move top with a draw ahead of the 2018 World Champion's meeting with Wade in the final tie in Leeds.

"I can only blame myself for being in this position - I lost too many points this year,"said Van Gerwen.

"I think I can make up the point difference on Rob, I've been there before and I know what it takes so I will hopefully pile the pressure onto him with a win over Mensur."

Night 16 of the Unibet Premier League in Leeds will be shown live on Sky Sports, worldwide through the PDC's broadcast partners, and through video.pdc.tv for Rest of the World Subscribers.

Tickets for Thursday's Unibet Premier League at the First Direct Arena in Leeds are still available and can be PURCHASED HERE or by calling 0844 248 1585.

James Wade v Rob Cross
Tickets: 0844 248 1585 or click here

Unibet Premier League - Night 16 Permutations

James Wade
Qualifies with a win or a draw.
If Gurney or Suljovic do not win, Wade has qualified before playing his match.

Gerwyn Price
If Price draws, he needs Suljovic and Gurney to lose.
If Price wins, he needs Suljovic and Gurney not to win.

Daryl Gurney
Needs a better result than Mensur Suljovic and Gerwyn Price. 

Mensur Suljovic
Needs a better result than Daryl Gurney and Gerwyn Price.

Players tied on points are split as follows:
League Points
Leg Difference (+/-)
Legs Won Against Throw (LWAT)
Tournament Average from Sportradar

Unibet Premier League – Night 16 Match Odds
13/10 Gerwyn Price – Draw 7/2 – Peter Wright 7/5
5/4 Daryl Gurney – Draw 7/2 – Michael Smith 6/4
3/10 Michael van Gerwen – Draw 11/2 – Mensur Suljovic 6/1
39/20 James Wade – Draw 33/10 – Rob Cross Evens

2019 Unibet Premier League - To Win Outright
Michael van Gerwen - 13/25
Rob Cross - 4/1
James Wade - 8/1
Daryl Gurney - 12/1
Gerwyn Price - 20/1
Mensur Suljovic - 40/1

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

GERWYN PRICE has vowed not to change his playing style heading into Thursday's crucial Unibet Premier League clash with Peter Wright in Leeds.

The Premier League's regular season concludes with a final night of fixtures at the First Direct Arena in Leeds on Thursday, where Price is one of four players vying for the final two Play-Off places.

Tempers flared between Price and fellow-Play-Off chaser Daryl Gurney on stage after their draw in Sheffield last Thursday, but Price insists the incident is behind them both as he looks to book a debut appearance at The O2.

"I met up with Daryl, he apologised to me for overreacting and I said 'fair play' to him for that," said Price, who missed a match dart against Gurney.

"We've made it up now and put it behind us. Now I'm just focused on this 

"At the start of the league I would've taken being in this position but going back five or six weeks I would've been disappointed for the situation to be out of my hands.

"If I don't go through it's still been a brilliant year for me in the Premier League, even though I drew too many games.

"I'm going to keep being me and playing my own game."

The 16th and final league phase night of the Unibet Premier League in Leeds will be shown live on Sky Sports, worldwide through the PDC's broadcast partners, and through video.pdc.tv for Rest of the World Subscribers.

James Wade v Rob Cross

dartsweekly
The Ton Club

Post by dartsweekly »

New podcast now live with special guests Steve Beaton and Stuart Pyke. Listen below if you like and let us know what you think :-)

https://weeklydartscast.com/2019/05/16/ ... -and-more/
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

dartsweekly wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:42 am New podcast now live with special guests Steve Beaton and Stuart Pyke. Listen below if you like and let us know what you think :-)

https://weeklydartscast.com/2019/05/16/ ... -and-more/
Enjoyed this week's podcast. Surprisingly liked Stuart Pyke's interview. Thought he came across as a decent guy.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Great 142 checkout from Gezzy to lead 3-2, following the 136 checkout from Snakebite in the previous leg.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Price does what he has to do beating Snakebite 8-3. Over to Gurney and Suljovic. If both win and Wade gets beat, Superchin and the Gentle qualify for the O2.