Should darts players be talking more about mental health?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
BVDRassel
Brass Darts

Re: Should darts players be talking more about mental health?

Post by BVDRassel »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:21 pm
ILAD wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:26 pm
BVDRassel wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:41 am Not sure about Cross.

RVB was often clinically depressed. It was sad to see. Hes done so much for darts in Netherlands. Hes been a fine ambassador for sport worldwide.
Unfortunately ‘our sport’ has mental health issues which have gone untreated. An example of this is our dear friend DBG. Had he got the help he desperately needs then he would be better than Cross or MVG.

Nice to see your English has improved.....
No, no, no!! He's clearly Dutch and doesn't post in an identical manner to Robson, McLeaner, thelad and all his those other multiples.
What proof do you need that I am dutch.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

25 posts from just the 2 ip addresses.
Very unusual.
BVDRassel
Brass Darts

Post by BVDRassel »

BlueSpark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:30 pm 25 posts from just the 2 ip addresses.
Very unusual.
Who is this man I am accused of?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

BlueSpark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:30 pm 25 posts from just the 2 ip addresses.
Very unusual.
How many ip addresses is normal for 25 posts?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:13 pm
Very unusual.
I knew you would post that.
Only reason I posted it.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

BlueSpark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:56 pm
ChrisW wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:13 pm
Very unusual.
I knew you would post that.
Only reason I posted it.
Ok. Congratulations.
BVDRassel
Brass Darts

Post by BVDRassel »

Anyway

"Rob Cross felt like a zombie with depression in 2018 when he found that he could not live up to expectations as a reigning world champion.
This year, Cross is back again, as witnessed by his two major finals this season. For example, "Voltage" was in the final battle of the UK Open and he recently played the final of the Premier League Darts . In both finals, however, Cross had to beat Nathan Aspinall and Michael van Gerwen respectively.

"I must add that I had some lows last year," the Englishman says in conversation with Live Darts . "It was unreal, as if I had no sense of it. I just seemed like a zombie for much of the season. Even after victories, I was depressed. "
"I often loved my family. My children had lost the father they knew and loved. It was not a good time. I don't even know if it was a depression. I just wasn't myself and sometimes it was just scary. ”
However, I am not ashamed to say that I was just a starting world champion. Out of the blue I stood in the spotlight and had high expectations of myself. People must not forget that I have only been practicing this sport for a few years or a professional level. "

"Compared to Michael van Gerwen, Gary Anderson and Peter Wright, I am completely inexperienced. That is not a problem and something that I have to work with. Last year came too fast and brought my life in a hurry. I didn't think about quitting, but I was just unhappy. I didn't want to live like that. ”

"I want a normal life"
However, Cross managed to set itself up and managed to profile itself again as number two in the world. According to him, this is mainly due to the support of his guidance. "Fortunately I have some great people around me. They made sure that I started thinking positively again. They gave me room to figure out what I needed to be happy again. ”

"This year I inserted a number of breaks, so that I can spend time with my wife and children. Doing things like walking the dog, whatever a normal boy would do. I have never been bored. I want a normal life, with safety for my children. "