6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep Blackburn

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
BlueSpark
International

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by BlueSpark »

This will be an unmitigated disaster. Not sure even Lakeside would save it.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:This will be an unmitigated disaster. Not sure even Lakeside would save it.
Well it would have to be available first, August is peak wedding season....
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:34 am
Addicks Fan wrote:
Ginge wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:19 pm
trotter01 wrote:
Ginge wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:47 pm Eurosport have the US Open tennis for a few years still dont they? The WDT clashes with the first week of it.
Tennis starts at 4pm each day.
EURO sport don't have the US Open tennis any more.. That's purely on Amazon
Aha, fair enough. Probably little else on then to clash with it so no reason why they would dump it online only.
I thought the whole point was that the World Trophy and World Masters dates were moved to fit in with Eurosport schedules. The dates are not a problem, just everything else! I reckon it was going to be at Preston Guild Hall until that went tits up. Lakeside is my guess at this short notice
Oche on Twitter suggested that the Guild Hall going tits up was the reason for the delay, for some reason a certain ITV pundit who has also worked on Lakeside found this amusing so maybe its wide of the mark.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Aye he bit within a minute to something posted in the Whatsapp group, the silly sausage
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:23 am Aye he bit within a minute to something posted in the Whatsapp group, the silly sausage
Oh I thought that was about your post above. I don't see the tweet you are talking about.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote:
Ginge wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:23 am Aye he bit within a minute to something posted in the Whatsapp group, the silly sausage
Oh I thought that was about your post above. I don't see the tweet you are talking about.
Hang on ill find it in a minute
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:42 am
ChrisW wrote:
Hang on ill find it in a minute

Either he knows Oche is wide of the mark, or he is just laughing at the whole situation.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Don't think mason would laugh at the whole situation with him now doing TV work with the BDO.

He obviously knows Oche is way off the point here. If the venue etc is sorted for the WDT then mason probably knows what's happening. But if stuff is sorted what's with the delay?

I wonder if the 'we saved the event at the last minute' card will be played? Thus if the news isn't great (venue, prize fund, sponsors etc) everyone will be happy because at least its on!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

devosteve wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:50 am Don't think mason would laugh at the whole situation with him now doing TV work with the BDO.

He obviously knows Oche is way off the point here. If the venue etc is sorted for the WDT then mason probably knows what's happening. But if stuff is sorted what's with the delay?

I wonder if the 'we saved the event at the last minute' card will be played? Thus if the news isn't great (venue, prize fund, sponsors etc) everyone will be happy because at least its on!
You're probably right, and if the news regarding venue, sponsorship etc isn't great then the "it wasn't going to be on at all, think yourselves lucky you've got this much" card is the obvious one to play.

The problem is, this card has been played before. Multiple times. And this time it will be somewhat at odds with the promises that were made during the election campaign for the BDO leadership.

If it does indeed turn out that "everyone is happy because at least it's on" then they are getting precisely what they deserve.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

I can’t see them selling many tickets it will be like last year 50 to 90 people I be shocked if they over 150 in any session unless they free ones
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Paula said on fanatics months ago that all dates were set in stone.. Her words.. Because of the Eurosport deal.. So delays can only be venue or sponsorship issues really....
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Wonder if the international players have booked to get to the uk yet. And if so where in the uk into.

Any news on when the Asian qualifier will be announced?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Jolly Man wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:24 am Wonder if the international players have booked to get to the uk yet. And if so where in the uk into.

Any news on when the Asian qualifier will be announced?
Would be more worried about the fact no UK based qualifier has been sorted yet
Big Jock Knew
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

application to go into administration guild hall wednesday
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire- ... n-16382223

Preston Guild Hall will go into administration, it has been confirmed.

Owner Simon Rigby has announced that his company, Preston Guild Hall Ltd, has applied to the High Court in Manchester to be placed into administration today (June 5).

This come days after the Guild Hall closed its doors - a move that was said to be 'temporary'.

Mr Rigby said: "PGHL has had to be placed in Administration and Licensed Insolvency Practitioner Bev Budsworth of The Business Debt Advisor will be appointed as Administrator with the aim to maximise the return to the company’s secured and unsecured creditors.

“For individuals who have purchased tickets in advance, we will be ensuring that they receive a refund if the show is not available via the new operator”.

“The administration strategy will be to agree terms with a chosen operator who will take over the running of Preston Guild Hall.”

Rigby was in negotiations with VMS Live to take over the running of the building but they were delayed by the death of the owner of the company.

The venue had 20 full time who have since all been laid off.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Well if it was going to be there, at least Des can blame someone else again now.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:51 pm Well if it was going to be there, at least Des can blame someone else again now.
Errmmm.
“The administration strategy will be to agree terms with a chosen operator who will take over the running of Preston Guild Hall.”
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Assuming that succeeds, obvs.
Big Jock Knew
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Can't really see what all the fuss is about

Hasn't Des been in Paris these past few days finishing talks with all those major sponsors who just so happened to be at the Roland Garros as well as conducting preliminary discussions with them in Northern Cyprus earlier?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

The days keep ticking by, Many Players are getting pissed off.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021