2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Deleted User

Re: 2019 PDC World Cup of Darts

Post by Deleted User »

ssjsa wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:51 pm
ChrisW wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:46 pm So Clayton, Lewis, de Zwaan and Ward first for the drop if we see any more unusual results.
No Chris. Maximum of 16 spots available via the qualification table. The remaining 16 spots are split between the BDO and the PDC Qualifier.
Thanks to the echo for confirming. :D
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ssjsa wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:21 pm Well played Scotland.Thought Snakebite was absolutely brilliant, and Gary played great following his rest.

Just goes to show that when Peter sticks to a set of darts which he has had proven results with, he is a world class player.

:Scots :Scots :Scots
Love the attachment, nothing says Scottish pride more than an Austrailian riding a horse in Ireland.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

nikkiboy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:10 am
ssjsa wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:21 pm Well played Scotland.Thought Snakebite was absolutely brilliant, and Gary played great following his rest.

Just goes to show that when Peter sticks to a set of darts which he has had proven results with, he is a world class player.

:Scots :Scots :Scots
Love the attachment, nothing says Scottish pride more than an Austrailian riding a horse in Ireland.
Scottish blood perhaps, like Trump.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

PETER WRIGHT believes his BetVictor World Cup of Darts triumph alongside Gary Anderson can be the springboard to a flurry of titles in 2019.

Wright, who prior to Sunday night last tasted glory on a TV stage at the Melbourne Darts Masters in August 2018, picked up his first PDC crown of the year alongside Anderson in Hamburg with a 3-1 victory over Republic of Ireland in the final.

The world number five is now looking to add to his haul of 23 PDC titles, with European Tour events in Copenhagen and Prague in June before July's World Matchplay.

"This could definitely kick-start my year, I want more titles now," said Wright, who sealed the World Cup with victory over Steve Lennon.

"I came close a couple of weeks ago on the European Tour but Ian White beat me, so I'll be out to go all the way next time I get to a final.

"At the World Matchplay Gary will be defending that trophy and he'll be hard to beat.

"I'm going to try and stick with this set of darts and maybe I'll have a chance against him.

"It's about time we won the World Cup, we're both quality players and we should've won it ages ago but that's gone and we've won it now.

"We clicked this year and going forward we want to keep on winning it!"

Wright will return to action at the Danish Darts Open in Copenhagen from June 14-16, with action shown on video.pdc.tv.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

LiveDarts interview with Rod Harrington.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

LiveDarts interview with the World Cup runners up.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Stranbougie
The Ton Club

Post by Stranbougie »

Embarrassing for Scotland having an Englishman in the team . Should be forced to hand the trophy back.
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

Stranbougie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:11 am Embarrassing for Scotland having an Englishman in the team . Should be forced to hand the trophy back.
That old chestnut

At least he was born in Scotland.. not like numerous English born footballers who have represented Scotland and Ireland for years...
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

trotter01 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:44 am
Stranbougie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:11 am Embarrassing for Scotland having an Englishman in the team . Should be forced to hand the trophy back.
That old chestnut

At least he was born in Scotland.. not like numerous English born footballers who have represented Scotland and Ireland for years...
Good friend of mine is a fiercely patriotic Scot but let it slip one evening that he was born in the nearest hospital to his mum's home which was just across the border in Berwick On Tweed - gets very very upset when we call him an Englishman.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

That would be an interesting way to determine nationality. If someone from Kent goes on a day trip to Calais on the ferry and goes into labour whilst there and gives birth in a French hospital, is their child then French?
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:55 pm That would be an interesting way to determine nationality. If someone from Kent goes on a day trip to Calais on the ferry and goes into labour whilst there and gives birth in a French hospital, is their child then French?
Yes, why do you think all the eastern Europeans and Asians try their hardest to have children here, because that makes the child British (if they want) and allows the parents to stay in the UK to bring up the British child and get UC and child benefit. So your friend from Kent has the option of the child having British, French or duel citizenship.

EDIT: they changed it a few years ago under Cameron's renegotiation so that the parent has to have settled status, doubt that would hold up in the European court though. If the child stays in the UK for 10 years it gains UK citizenship regardless of the parents' nationality.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

This is about the LiveDarts interview with Rod I have uploaded on the previous page.

devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

That was a cracking interview with Rod Harrington.

PL possibly changing. Forward planning all the time. The P does stand for Professional!

I liked the point he made re players complaining. he challenges them because their complaint is just about them and not the bigger picture. But then sometimes, he realises they have a point. And it is considered.

A major moving to Europe? Surely they will not move from Blackpool wintergardens. So which major will move?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

devosteve wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:19 pm That was a cracking interview with Rod Harrington.

PL possibly changing. Forward planning all the time. The P does stand for Professional!

I liked the point he made re players complaining. he challenges them because their complaint is just about them and not the bigger picture. But then sometimes, he realises they have a point. And it is considered.

A major moving to Europe? Surely they will not move from Blackpool wintergardens. So which major will move?
Probably the one that makes the least money, it would make sense.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dublin then, obvs. Event has been a disaster ever since they moved it from the old room to the aircraft hanger.
Big Jock Knew
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Ginge wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:29 pm Dublin then, obvs. Event has been a disaster ever since they moved it from the old room to the aircraft hanger.
Is that not already in Europe?
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Well yes, but since no major is held outside of Europe currently....

Can only assume Rodders was talking about continental Europe. Plus i dont believe the PDC consider Ireland and its players to be part of "Europe" anyway when it comes to event qualification.
Big Jock Knew