Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: 6th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 Aug - 1 Sep

Post by nikkiboy »

TheSandman wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:55 am
nikkiboy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:41 am
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:21 am
nikkiboy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:58 am Maybe the BDO are missing a trick here, maybe the way to go for the WDT is to charge every BDO player £10 entry and get them to pick a date from a hat much like we have done and then draw the winner and the player with the correct date gets the trophy, prize fund and a place in the GSoD, Eurosport could film the draw live!!!!!
Live Raffle Drawing doesn't really sound like edge of your seat telly to me.
Don't see Eurosport going for it. There's probably some niche channel out there who might give it a crack if they can get Des to pay for it. Plus, when they realise what utter turd the whole idea is, they can quickly stick some pre-recorded motor racing on instead.
Topless live draws?
TVX 40+ is a niche channel but even that has to abide to certain standards, crab paste and tits hitting your knees while drawing out big names like Mario Vandenbogaerde isn’t gonna attract any viewers
Oh I don't know :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

oche balboa wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:43 am I would scrap the qualifiers now, Not many would turn up on the Thursday
Has des turned off his phone?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:14 pm
oche balboa wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:43 am I would scrap the qualifiers now, Not many would turn up on the Thursday
Has des turned off his phone?
Doubt it, how will Sportotal get in touch with him to say the venue deal is done?
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Hope they are not waiting to see what happens with PGH as the deadline for new operator is 15th July.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I mean how hard can it be to get a venue
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

oche balboa wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:43 pm I mean how hard can it be to get a venue
Very, apparently.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Qualifiers for what?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

oche balboa wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:43 pm I mean how hard can it be to get a venue
Its not. But getting venue + sponsor is, and it may be that teh instructions to SPortotal are that both are needed , as maybe, just maybe the Board is being firm and saying the event will not happen unless costs are covered. Sportotal then have x amount of time to find both. I'm suprised we are not passed that cut off point though, 8 weeks would have been about right - which is why I went for last saturday in the sweepstake!
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Skewball wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:04 pm
Its not. But getting venue + sponsor is, and it may be that teh instructions to SPortotal are that both are needed , as maybe, just maybe the Board is being firm and saying the event will not happen unless costs are covered. Sportotal then have x amount of time to find both. I'm suprised we are not passed that cut off point though, 8 weeks would have been about right - which is why I went for last saturday in the sweepstake!
With Jacklin's comments about not wanting a repeat next year, I wouldn't be surprised if the requirements are venue plus sponsor for 2 or 3 years.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

What the best thing to have done was take it all to Lakeside & begin the rebuild in 2020. Yes it would be samey but with better marketing it would get some fans in. Potter would hold all 3.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Potter might happily hold all three (ignoring the fact August is peak wedding season and his big room may have been booked up for months on the weekend in question anyway), getting him to PAY for all three is a totally different thing.
Big Jock Knew
trotter01
Pub Champion

Post by trotter01 »

It's not easy getting TV and sponsorship and zDes has found out.....

I read on the BBC website that the Women's Super League in football receive no money from BBC and BT and give away the rights with the broadcasters just paying for broadcasting costs... So there's no reason that the BDO will be receiving a bean from Eurosport so for this to go ahead I assume wod depend entirely on sufficient sponsorship and what position are the BDO currently in to attract that outside of Bob Potter in January...
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

trotter01 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:47 pm It's not easy getting TV and sponsorship and zDes has found out.....

I read on the BBC website that the Women's Super League in football receive no money from BBC and BT and give away the rights with the broadcasters just paying for broadcasting costs... So there's no reason that the BDO will be receiving a bean from Eurosport so for this to go ahead I assume wod depend entirely on sufficient sponsorship and what position are the BDO currently in to attract that outside of Bob Potter in January...
Didn’t pauly hint that the BDO make no money from the Eurosport deal.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

TheSandman wrote:
trotter01 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:47 pm It's not easy getting TV and sponsorship and zDes has found out.....

Didn’t pauly hint that the BDO make no money from the Eurosport deal.
Of course they wont. Any available would have been snaffled up by sportotal. In fact it probably cost the bdo.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

I heard it cost them half a mill.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Putting jokes aside why not join up with the guy who put his hat in the ring (chizzy manager ). Form a team. Maybe an ex player. Soneone from England darts etc?

A suggestion I made on fanatics.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Why don't people listen hands are tied with some things the sh#t the old regime put in place things take time as for Chizzys manager the BDO didn't want him so that'll never happen all I'm hearing and seeing is NEGATIVITY NEGATIVITY I personally am getting sick and tired of hearing and seeing this if you can do a better job apply for the position yourself the BDO isn't and never will be in the position the PDCs in but it's in a better position ty Han it was a year ago

it didn't go down well. But most folk are wising up that des needs to say something.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

devosteve wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:55 pm Why don't people listen hands are tied with some things the sh#t the old regime put in place things take time as for Chizzys manager the BDO didn't want him so that'll never happen all I'm hearing and seeing is NEGATIVITY NEGATIVITY I personally am getting sick and tired of hearing and seeing this if you can do a better job apply for the position yourself the BDO isn't and never will be in the position the PDCs in but it's in a better position ty Han it was a year ago

it didn't go down well. But most folk are wising up that des needs to say something.
What deluded fool wrote that?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

nikkiboy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:19 am
devosteve wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:55 pm Why don't people listen hands are tied with some things the sh#t the old regime put in place things take time as for Chizzys manager the BDO didn't want him so that'll never happen all I'm hearing and seeing is NEGATIVITY NEGATIVITY I personally am getting sick and tired of hearing and seeing this if you can do a better job apply for the position yourself the BDO isn't and never will be in the position the PDCs in but it's in a better position ty Han it was a year ago

What deluded fool wrote that?
The Scropian?

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Before end June - BlueSpark
1st July - Wubbalubbadubdub