World Series of Darts 2019

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Demolition_fan
Pub Champion

Re: World Series of Darts 2019

Post by Demolition_fan »

I watched every dart of this, great entertainment
No wonder no one is interested in the shit the BDO serve up. The place was rocking
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

LiveDarts interview with Rob Cross.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:48 pm Clemens is going to win this easily by the looks of it.
Any luck?
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

malcy93 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:46 am
foggs3355 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:23 pm Bit late the final starting 1230 gone
The problem is they drag it out too much. They play almost as many legs on the final night of the ET events.

It’s all the extra crap which takes long. They do pre and post match interviews with the players. That allows two advertising breaks between each match so double the length of gaps between matches they need. I guess needed here for the TV companies to make their money from advertisers. On ET doesn’t really matters as it’s only the PDC the,selves and betting companies legally streaming it and they aren’t advertisers funded.
They should start at 7pm local time then this would. Mean the final starts 1130
County Player

Post by 1205 »

TheSandman wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:34 pm Since Micky Mansell got fined for playing to a similar average and it set a precedent, does gurney now get fined for that piss poor performance?
It's an exhibition. Only punishment for not trying would be not being invited next time.
WizardofozFan
County Player

Post by WizardofozFan »

Excellent World Series event in Germany, backing up brilliant Aspinall's win in Las Vegas. Great to see Snakebite get back on the singles roll of honour once more on TV!

First day upsets of van Gerwen & Gary meant the tournament opened up completely. Both below par in recent weeks, you just know they'll turn up when it matters at the Matchplay this coming week.

Van Barneveld needs to get a grip, has lost a loving wife for someone 17 years his junior, doesn't appear to be putting in the hard work (I may be wrong), and isn't qualifying for anything by right. If he seriously thinks he deserves even more invitations after the joke that was the Premier League pick once again and these WS events, he is even more deluded & self-important than I had thought. A sore loser consistently, seemingly not a hard worker & way past his best despite constant favouritism from the PDC selectors.
bistochris
Feather Flights

Post by bistochris »

Bit sad that Wade, Anderson, and Barney don't care about these tournaments. Wish the PDC would give someone else a chance.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

bistochris wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:26 pm Bit sad that Wade, Anderson, and Barney don't care about these tournaments. Wish the PDC would give someone else a chance.
Would you be payin' on door in that case?
bistochris
Feather Flights

Post by bistochris »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:43 am
bistochris wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:26 pm Bit sad that Wade, Anderson, and Barney don't care about these tournaments. Wish the PDC would give someone else a chance.
Well no. I don't live in Germany.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

bistochris wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:45 am
DavidOwen67 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:43 am
Well no. I don't live in Germany.
Ok, thanks Robson.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Indeed
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

THE stars of the PDC are now heading Down Under to prepare for the World Series of Darts treble-header in Brisbane, Melbourne and Hamilton.

Following the Betfred World Matchplay and last weekend's Players Championship double-header in Hildesheim, the competitors for the August treble-header are stepping up their preparations.

Australian duo Simon Whitlock and Kyle Anderson, Dutch legend Raymond van Barneveld and New Zealand's Cody Harris all competed in Germany over the weekend before beginning their journey to Brisbane.

Harris, who will only be competing in the NZ Darts Masters, was the top performer of that quartet as he reached Sunday's semi-finals - his first time in the last four of a Players Championship - before losing to eventual champion Brendan Dolan.

Australian qualifier Damon Heta, meanwhile, won the Australian Open event staged by Darts Australia as he prepared in style for his return to the World Series stage in all three events.

The World Series of Darts' August treble-header begins with the Brisbane Darts Masters at the BCEC on August 9-10. Tickets are available now via THIS LINK.

The action then heads to the Melbourne Arena for the Melbourne Darts Masters on August 16-17. Tickets are available now via THIS LINK.

The sport's stars then cross the Tasman Sea to Hamilton's Claudelands Arena for the NZ Darts Masters, presented by Burger King & TAB, on August 23-24. Tickets are available now via THIS LINK.

Fox Sports in Australia and Sky Sport in New Zealand will be amongst the PDC's international broadcast partners showing live coverage.

PDCTV-HD Rest of the World Subscribers (outside of the UK, Ireland and Netherlands) can watch live through video.pdc.tv.

UK television coverage on ITV4 will be delayed to be broadcast each evening.

2019 Brisbane Darts Masters
August 9-10, BCEC, Brisbane
PDC Representatives: Michael van Gerwen, Rob Cross, Gary Anderson, Daryl Gurney, Peter Wright, James Wade, Simon Whitlock, Raymond van Barneveld
Oceanic Representatives: Kyle Anderson, Corey Cadby, Damon Heta, James Bailey, Ben Robb, Haupai Puha, Koha Kokiri, Brendon McCausland
Tickets: ticketek.com.au/DartsMasters

2019 Melbourne Darts Masters
August 16-17, Melbourne Arena
PDC Representatives: Michael van Gerwen, Rob Cross, Gary Anderson, Daryl Gurney, Peter Wright, James Wade, Simon Whitlock, Raymond van Barneveld
Oceanic Representatives: Kyle Anderson, Corey Cadby, Damon Heta, James Bailey, Haupai Puha, Robbie King, Tim Pusey, Mick Lacey
Tickets: ticketek.com.au/DartsMasters

2019 NZ Darts Masters, presented by Burger King & TAB
August 23-24, Claudelands Arena, Hamilton
Oceanic Representatives: Kyle Anderson, Corey Cadby, Cody Harris, Haupai Puha, Craig Caldwell, Damon Heta, Ben Robb, David Platt
Tickets: ticketek.co.nz/Darts

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Skewball wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:55 am
ssjsa wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:29 am Just spotted Wayne Williams in the room.Attending the event. Had a quick chat and he thanked me for posting in the forum he was here. :grin: Said he didn't need that shit and asked me to tell everyone he is staying at the MGM Grand not here. Also asked if I could advise Ginge that he has always paid for his own hotels.

In all fairness he was not upset and took it in good spirits. Actually seems a decent guy.
Is that 3 days in a row now hes been there? for a small PDC event which had unknown Americans in for the first 3 days, someone who has no love for the PDC, who is glad he is out of it all and who is an out of work decorator, hmmm. I know I am out on my own here but must be more to it.
Any developments on your theory?
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

ChrisW wrote:
Skewball wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:55 am
ssjsa wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:29 am Just spotted Wayne Williams in the room.Attending the event. Had a quick chat and he thanked me for posting in the forum he was here. :grin: Said he didn't need that shit and asked me to tell everyone he is staying at the MGM Grand not here. Also asked if I could advise Ginge that he has always paid for his own hotels.

In all fairness he was not upset and took it in good spirits. Actually seems a decent guy.
Is that 3 days in a row now hes been there? for a small PDC event which had unknown Americans in for the first 3 days, someone who has no love for the PDC, who is glad he is out of it all and who is an out of work decorator, hmmm. I know I am out on my own here but must be more to it.
Any developments on your theory?
Nope. Not yet lol
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

What happened to these rumours of a new org? Or some kind of coup?

Forum nonsense?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Jowinho
Steady Sixties

Post by Jowinho »

Will there be a livestream somewhere?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Looking at the foxsports website https://www.foxsports.com.au who are showing it live no mention of the event.
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

Jowinho wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:08 am Will there be a livestream somewhere?
It is also on bet365
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Heta's week of triumph continues as he dumps Wade out.