Des Jacklins Statement

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
oche balboa
International
Posts: 11662
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Des Jacklins Statement

Post by oche balboa » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:44 pm

Following the recent resignations of the BDO’s refereeing team, BDO Chairman/CEO Des Jacklin has said he has been ‘overwhelmed with the number of applications from potential successors’.

Speaking today, Des revealed that ‘[t]he numerous applications, from both amateur and professional referees and MC’s range from BICC callers to experienced professionals well known across the darts world’.

‘These applications will be reviewed over the coming days and the new-look MC and referring team will be announced towards the end of next week’.

Des also wanted to reassure players and supporters regarding the status of the BDO, stating, ‘on the subject of recent reports of the BDO being in turmoil, it has been for the last six years, however, only now have we entered a period of clarity’.
From https://www.bdodarts.com/index.php/item ... es-jacklin
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

TimmyB
Superleague Player
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 2:00 pm
Location: Caterham, Surrey

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by TimmyB » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:45 pm

oche balboa wrote:
Following the recent resignations of the BDO’s refereeing team, BDO Chairman/CEO Des Jacklin has said he has been ‘overwhelmed with the number of applications from potential successors’.

Speaking today, Des revealed that ‘[t]he numerous applications, from both amateur and professional referees and MC’s range from BICC callers to experienced professionals well known across the darts world’.

‘These applications will be reviewed over the coming days and the new-look MC and referring team will be announced towards the end of next week’.

Des also wanted to reassure players and supporters regarding the status of the BDO, stating, ‘on the subject of recent reports of the BDO being in turmoil, it has been for the last six years, however, only now have we entered a period of clarity’.
From https://www.bdodarts.com/index.php/item ... es-jacklin
Drupes has already been on the phone.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Image

User avatar
ILAD
Pub Champion
Posts: 705
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by ILAD » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:46 pm

Nice to see Des has addressed the issue of the refs leaving.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 63398
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by Ginge » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:47 pm

Who are these MCs known across the darts world who have applied, then?

ChrisW
International
Posts: 26915
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by ChrisW » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:49 pm

It will add an interesting element to the WDT.

User avatar
ILAD
Pub Champion
Posts: 705
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by ILAD » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:51 pm

Ginge wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:47 pm
Who are these MCs known across the darts world who have applied, then?
I might refer Drupid, he would do a good job, but I a want 20% cut as a finders fee.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 63398
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by Ginge » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:54 pm

ILAD wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:47 pm
Who are these MCs known across the darts world who have applied, then?
I might refer Drupid, he would do a good job, but I a want 20% cut as a finders fee.
Thats generous, his usual agency takes 40%

User avatar
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player
Posts: 3977
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by Moongoose McQueeen » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:54 pm

Martyn Moore
devosteve wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:07 pm
Long live the BDO. Long live proper darts. Long live the official body of darts. And long live the BDO die hards who defend the BDO on social media.

User avatar
ILAD
Pub Champion
Posts: 705
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by ILAD » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:57 pm

Ginge wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:54 pm
ILAD wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:47 pm
Who are these MCs known across the darts world who have applied, then?
I might refer Drupid, he would do a good job, but I a want 20% cut as a finders fee.
Thats generous, his usual agency takes 40%
Ha :grin:
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 9829
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by BlueSpark » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:01 pm

Jobs for the boys,his mates will be shoehorned in
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

oche balboa
International
Posts: 11662
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by oche balboa » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:03 pm

The Lincolnshire MC will be the MC of the BDO

Ian Tilley will be back as one of the ref

There isnt any applications IMO and it will be all chosen beforehand
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 63398
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by Ginge » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:05 pm

oche balboa wrote:The Lincolnshire MC will be the MC of the BDO

Ian Tilley will be back as one of the ref

There isnt any applications IMO and it will be all chosen beforehand
This.

Why would you apply for something when as far as i know no advert has gone out.

Unless the BICC is full of Drupid "memememememe!" types, which maybe it is.

User avatar
Sally
Pub Champion
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Somerset
Contact:

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by Sally » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:08 pm

46682BE9-9EFD-46BC-8817-DD3565430ADE.png
46682BE9-9EFD-46BC-8817-DD3565430ADE.png (947.26 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
Will there be a salary ?

PS...I’m NOT applying for a job!!!
Sally x

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 24123
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by Paddy McGinty » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:12 pm

It was getting a bit stale......time for a change. The BDO moves onward.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

TheSandman
Superleague Player
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by TheSandman » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:13 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:12 pm
It was getting a bit stale......time for a change. The BDO moves onward.
Were you laughing when you typed that??

User avatar
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player
Posts: 3977
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by Moongoose McQueeen » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:15 pm

Do the EDO pay "Team Refs"??
devosteve wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:07 pm
Long live the BDO. Long live proper darts. Long live the official body of darts. And long live the BDO die hards who defend the BDO on social media.

User avatar
devosteve
International
Posts: 9468
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 am

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by devosteve » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:15 pm

He doesn't seem too upset with them leaving. And does he thank them for their service any were?

Re applications. Folks have said they are applying after hearing the news on fanatics.

The honeymoon is over for des you feel. But he won't go down without a fight.
Blackburn Life 'BDO world trophy competition' winner.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 63398
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by Ginge » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:23 pm

Only in darts could people apply for jobs when a sodding advert hasnt even gone out

Mememememememememe!!!!

User avatar
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member
Posts: 23177
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by spaceman70 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:26 pm

Ginge wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:47 pm
Who are these MCs known across the darts world who have applied, then?

Indeed :)
Member of the Peter Manley Fan Club Member of the Ted Hankey Fan Club

Steve Egerton = Idi Admin

oche balboa
International
Posts: 11662
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Des Jacklins Statement

Post by oche balboa » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:27 pm

There are no well known MC besides them and the Lads in the PDC.
Last edited by oche balboa on Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

Post Reply

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”