Paul Booth is BDO’s new MC

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
cobra
Steady Sixties

Re: Paul Booth is BDO’s new MC

Post by cobra »

So when are they going to release this news that's apparently going to cause shockwaves?
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

cobra wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:39 pm So when are they going to release this news that's apparently going to cause shockwaves?
Well I presume the shockwave former PDC whatever to these announcements was either 1 of 2 things

1. They embellished it a bit and meant people who work with original PDC members like the 2 MC's doing their exbo work etc

or

2. The unknown refs are possible persons who may have at one time marked on the PDC floor tour

Either way if these people are the wonderful best in the game additions they are being heralded as , why hadn't they ever been asked to do the job before ? Why did they have to wait for a mass resignation before being offered a slot ?

As for payment I have heard one of the perks of the job is 2 free hours a day in the hottub with the Jackchins .....shudder ...
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

As far as I was aware & happy to be told otherwise by forum mr factoid, all the previous refs except ashdown had full time jobs, whether they still do these full time jobs in the future will be up for debate when the jingles of the pdc machine ring in there ears As i fully expect to happen in near future
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

el_ringo wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:54 pm
cobra wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:39 pm So when are they going to release this news that's apparently going to cause shockwaves?
Well I presume the shockwave former PDC whatever to these announcements was either 1 of 2 things

1. They embellished it a bit and meant people who work with original PDC members like the 2 MC's doing their exbo work etc

or

2. The unknown refs are possible persons who may have at one time marked on the PDC floor tour

Either way if these people are the wonderful best in the game additions they are being heralded as , why hadn't they ever been asked to do the job before ? Why did they have to wait for a mass resignation before being offered a slot ?

As for payment I have heard one of the perks of the job is 2 free hours a day in the hottub with the Jackchins .....shudder ...
How many darts bounced out the shite unicorn boards today? I know you study hours of footage so expect an answer quite soon.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

ILAD wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:02 pm
el_ringo wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:54 pm

or

How many darts bounced out the shite unicorn boards today? I know you study hours of footage so expect an answer quite soon.
Dart bounce outs are Irrelevant as anyone wanting to take up the game will want the equipment the best players are using, so Unicorn are on a win win if there better or not.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

On BDODarts.com

Following the completion of the new officiating line-up, the BDO would like to thank everyone that applied over the past two weeks for the vacant refereeing positions.

There were over 80 applicants, but with only six places available, over 70 people were always going to be disappointed.

It was a very difficult selection process with so much interest and talent on offer, and the BDO will bear in mind those applicants that were unsuccessful in case any other positions become available in the future.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Still baffled as to all how these people applied when, to my knowledge, no advert went out.

Lots of "memememememe!" applicants out there then, clearly.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:39 am Still baffled as to all how these people applied when, to my knowledge, no advert went out.

When the posts were made on Facebook re each individual ref resigning folks were straight away putting their names forward. Saying they had sent a message to des etc.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ChrisW wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:32 am On BDODarts.com

Following the completion of the new officiating line-up, the BDO would like to thank everyone that applied over the past two weeks for the vacant refereeing positions.

There were over 80 applicants, but with only six places available, over 70 people were always going to be disappointed.

It was a very difficult selection process with so much interest and talent on offer, and the BDO will bear in mind those applicants that were unsuccessful in case any other positions become available in the future.
Unlucky Drupes
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:
Ginge wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:39 am Still baffled as to all how these people applied when, to my knowledge, no advert went out.

When the posts were made on Facebook re each individual ref resigning folks were straight away putting their names forward. Saying they had sent a message to des etc.
Ego-tastic.
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

nikkiboy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:27 am

Unlucky Drupes
Nothing sent from me. Surprised 80 people did.
Having seen some of the standard in the BICC, I look forward to seeing those selected with interest.
Remember, these people couldn't get close in the days of Rab "Check" Butler.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:03 am

Unlucky Drupes
Having seen some of the standard in the BICC, I look forward to seeing those selected with interest.
I heard they blocked your email address because you were spamming them with your over embellished CV....... ;-)
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:33 am

Unlucky Drupes
I heard they blocked your email address because you were spamming them with your over embellished CV....... ;-)
I heard he was provisionally accepted for the 5th space on the poster.
But then a reference request came back from a Mr Manley and things quickly took a turn for the worse.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:38 am
Paddy McGinty wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:33 am

Unlucky Drupes
I heard he was provisionally accepted for the 5th space on the poster.
But then a reference request came back from a Mr Manley and things quickly took a turn for the worse.
I heard the deal breaker was Drupes asking the BDO to provide an empty Budweiser bottle to call into.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

That and they believed that if Drupes and Tricia Wright were on stage together no-one would be able to tell them apart.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

nikkiboy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:58 am That and they believed that if Drupes and Tricia Wright were on stage together no-one would be able to tell them apart.
Tosser :D :D :D
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote:That and they believed that if Drupes and Tricia Wright were on stage together no-one would be able to tell them apart.
A bit like you and Marie o'Brien... ;)
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Skewball wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:56 pm
nikkiboy wrote:That and they believed that if Drupes and Tricia Wright were on stage together no-one would be able to tell them apart.
Maria is taller and stronger than Nikki and doesn't hide behind sofas.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Oh, and better looking.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:56 pm
One of us has a moustache.