PDC Calendar 2020

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: PDC Calendar 2020

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:50 pm Where did he say it wasnt on the calendar?
Who?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:33 pm
Ginge wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:50 pm Where did he say it wasnt on the calendar?
Who?
Devo."So Devo was wrong then" - what is he on about?
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

:D
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Lovely, that smoked him back out.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Oche :the king of waffle!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

It says 1 Euro tour event Tba so I bet it goes back to one of them not back from last year I think a World Series event going to Scandinavia area
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

foggs3355 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:17 pm It says 1 Euro tour event Tba so I bet it goes back to one of them not back from last year I think a World Series event going to Scandinavia area
If it was one they were at last year then why the tba?
I think it's another new country. Maybe you are on the right lines with a Swedish venue or Norwegian.
Britishnewf
Brass Darts

Post by Britishnewf »

Hey guys long time lurker here,

When is the WSODs in Vegas likely to take place (if at all?)next year as the calendar looks full in its usual spot in early July?

We went this year and would love to go back next year it was great timing too as where I work always shuts down for 2 weeks in early July...so would be gutted if it’s going to be played in a different month as doubt I can get the time off.

Thanks
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Britishnewf wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:07 pm Hey guys long time lurker here,

When is the WSODs in Vegas likely to take place (if at all?)next year as the calendar looks full in its usual spot in early July?

We went this year and would love to go back next year it was great timing too as where I work always shuts down for 2 weeks in early July...so would be gutted if it’s going to be played in a different month as doubt I can get the time off.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum. Imo it is likely that Vegas will be during the first two of July, and like you I have booked holidays at that time to hopefully attend.

Have been in both 2017 and also this year, and had a great time. Attended all 4 North American qualifiers on the Tuesday and Wednesday, and also the North American Championship. Have to say had a great time.

Which part of the 4 days did you attend and what were your highlights?

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Thanks
I'd probably guess the first weekend of August, but don't quote me on that at all. I'd be surprised if they clashed it with an European Tour event or in the weekend before the Matchplay.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Dannyboy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:17 pm

Thanks
I'd probably guess the first weekend of August, but don't quote me on that at all. I'd be surprised if they clashed it with an European Tour event or in the weekend before the Matchplay.
On further inspection of the Calendar, my original prediction and holiday booking of the first two weeks in July, is hugely unlikely, and will in all likelihood be in August between the finish of PC20 on the 2nd and PC21 on the 29th of August.

Britishnewf
Brass Darts

Post by Britishnewf »

ssjsa wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:56 pm

Thanks
Welcome to the forum. Imo it is likely that Vegas will be during the first two of July, and like you I have booked holidays at that time to hopefully attend.

Have been in both 2017 and also this year, and had a great time. Attended all 4 North American qualifiers on the Tuesday and Wednesday, and also the North American Championship. Have to say had a great time.

We just went to the TV stages on Thursday/Friday, was first time in Vegas so went exploring mad earlier in the week. Both sessions of the WSODs were great, the NADC was a bit quiet with not much of a crowd in, loved getting up for the walk ons with the PDC guys, bit disappointing when Gerwen, Anderson and Cross went out early on the Friday but a great performance from Aspinal in the final!

Hope it’s in early July again but hard to see how it fits in the new calendar with the euro events?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Britishnewf wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:18 pm

Thanks

We just went to the TV stages on Thursday/Friday, was first time in Vegas so went exploring mad earlier in the week. Both sessions of the WSODs were great, the NADC was a bit quiet with not much of a crowd in, loved getting up for the walk ons with the PDC guys, bit disappointing when Gerwen, Anderson and Cross went out early on the Friday but a great performance from Aspinal in the final!

Hope it’s in early July again but hard to see how it fits in the new calendar with the euro events?
The NADC was brilliant as I was supporting Danny Baggish who I spent a bit of time with at the qualifiers. Was a long day as Last 16 of the US Darts Masters was the afternoon session. Think it was 16 hours on the lash, as can be evidenced by myself and my Canadian friends from the qualifiers clearly showing we had sunk a few shandies as we went up to the stage to congratulate Danny following his win over Jeff Smith in the final.
Attachments
IMG_20190913_204128.jpg
IMG_20190913_204128.jpg (66.5 KiB) Viewed 1423 times

Britishnewf
Brass Darts

Post by Britishnewf »

ssjsa wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:47 pm

Thanks

The NADC was brilliant as I was supporting Danny Baggish who I spent a bit of time with at the qualifiers. Was a long day as Last 16 of the US Darts Masters was the afternoon session. Think it was 16 hours on the lash, as can be evidenced by myself and my Canadian friends from the qualifiers clearly showing we had sunk a few shandies as we went up to the stage to congratulate Danny following his win over Jeff Smith in the final.
I think we were sat at the same table as you and spoke to you and your wife! We had the green (Mvg) and orange (Barney army) t shirts on.

We couldn’t really get into the NADC probably cause we had no one to support, our guy John Norman qualified last year but just missed out on making the TV round this year.

We plan to go back to Vegas next year regardless as loved the place, hopefully we can go when the darts is there again.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Thanks

Which one are you
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Britishnewf
Brass Darts

Post by Britishnewf »

Dannyboy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:17 pm

Thanks
The way the calendar is laid out July looks out of the question for sure. August has a few spare weeks but this is when they usually go to the Southern Hemisphere events.

I’m thinking June seems to have a few spare weeks where they could hold the Vegas and German WSOD events.

Time will tell I guess.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Britishnewf wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:00 pm

Thanks

I think we were sat at the same table as you and spoke to you and your wife! We had the green (Mvg) and orange (Barney army) t shirts on.

We couldn’t really get into the NADC probably cause we had no one to support, our guy John Norman qualified last year but just missed out on making the TV round this year.

We plan to go back to Vegas next year regardless as loved the place, hopefully we can go when the darts is there again.
Yes I remember you and your wife well. You were the chap who moved to Canada to be with your wife. Enjoyed your company and great to have you as a member of the forum. Just goes to show it is a small world in the sport of darts.

Britishnewf
Brass Darts

Post by Britishnewf »

ssjsa wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:02 pm
Britishnewf wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:00 pm

Yes I remember you and your wife well. You were the chap who moved to Canada to be with your wife. Enjoyed your company and great to have you as a member of the forum. Just goes to show it is a small world in the sport of darts.
Yes small world indeed!

Hopefully we bump into each other again next year, we’re definitely going back to Vegas just hope we can go when the darts is on!
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I would join you, however I am a poorly paid electrical engineer living on the breadline.
If I saved up for about 5 years, I could maybe afford it.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:I would join you, however I am a poorly paid electrical engineer living on the breadline.
If I saved up for about 5 years, I could maybe afford it.

Hard times. Never mind.

Big Jock Knew