The Rise of the WDF!

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
devosteve
International

The Rise of the WDF!

Post by devosteve »

I am just wondering with the BDO going from 'car crash to car crash' if there are plans afoot for the WDF to step up and do something?

Folks on face book have been hinting WDF points may count for something in the future.

Folk like Ross have hinted there is something going on (not necessarily with the WDF I might add).

Also the WDF have appointed players commissioners from different countries. The UK rep (and also chair person) is Deta Hedman.

When I asked Paul what the role entailed his reply was (highlights by me):

"not a union rep has a vote on the board , and it has to be an elected position to satisfy IOC recognition. With Little Richard being made development officer with his many media contacts signs are WDF stepping up to the plate , people think IOC recognition is all about being in the Olympics but in reality its a gateway to funding . There are other players on the commission at moment from Australia, Japan , , Austria and Hungary , WDF can add a north American rep as well .
The feeling is actively working with other countries will maximise sponsorship opportunities and lead to a meaningful WDF major .
Seemed a very positive delegates meeting , differed from a BDO delegates meeting in that everyone was there by choice it isn't a meeting you have to attend , very well attended i might add ."

What do we think?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Re: The Rise of the WDF!

Post by Ginge »

No.

The WDF couldn't run a bath ffs
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:44 am No.

Not even with folk like Richard Ashdown on board?
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Ginge wrote:No.

So no worse than the current and previous BDO board then! Can't blame them for trying.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Surely little Richard should be the next CEO of the BDO, the most knowledgeable man in darts.
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

TheSandman wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:55 am Surely little Richard should be the next CEO of the BDO, the most knowledgeable man in darts.
I thought that was ifm?
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
TheSandman wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:55 am Surely little Richard should be the next CEO of the BDO, the most knowledgeable man in darts.
I thought that was ifm?
ImageImageImageImage
Thinking of one.
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

Why would he want to do it?
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

TheSandman wrote:Surely little Richard should be the next CEO of the BDO, the most knowledgeable man in darts.
Different being knowledgeable and knowing how to run an organisation that is in a dire mess. I think heart needs to be removed and get someone independent in to run it and see if it's viable and if not what needs changing.
Thinking of one.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

The Crusader wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:04 pm
TheSandman wrote:Surely little Richard should be the next CEO of the BDO, the most knowledgeable man in darts.
Different being knowledgeable and knowing how to run an organisation that is in a dire mess. I think heart needs to be removed and get someone independent in to run it and see if it's viable and if not what needs changing.
Do you not think a clean start with a revamped WDF taking over could be the answer?

LR didn't leave the BDO for no reason.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Nope, I still feel the BDO name itself is a selling point to a certain extent. I just think it needs running by people with no attachment to anything that has gone on in the last 10 years.

When Olly went or was pushed I thought it could have been the new start they needed but they seem stuck in the, oh they deserve a go at running it for loyalty reasons rather than ability.
Thinking of one.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

https://www.dartswdf.com/2019/11/11/wdf ... e-q3-2019/

Dear darts friends,

The 2019 WDF World Cup held in Romania was an overwhelming success with 53 countries competing from all around the globe. I’d like to officially thank all those who participated in this wonderful event and congratulate the organisers, our Romanian friends, on making it such a truly memorable occasion for all those involved.

The WDF General Meeting also took place in Romania during which we welcomed five new members to the Federation (details below). The membership also ratified and confirmed their acceptance of the IOC application by signing their letter as confirmed members of the WDF and their acknowledgement that the WDF is the World Governing body for darts. This was a requirement from all our members to advance with our IOC application to recognise darts as an Olympic Sport. Our IOC application consultant was on hand and answered many questions from the floor of the Meeting.

Other accomplishments were the creation of an Athletes’ Commission (formerly the Player’s Commission), comprising five international players and a brand new Youth in Sport Commission, further details of which are given below. Both commissions are now autonomous and will have direct input relating to WDF activities from the players perspective. We are continuing the process of establishing our Ethics Commission.

We are also working hard on developing a viable WDF ranking circuit for 2020 that will lead to our own major championship(s). As the governing body, it is our responsibility to provide opportunities for each player from every member country to compete at the highest level. This initiative is being led by our newly appointed WDF Chief Development Officer, Mr. Richard Ashdown.

This World Cup also provided us with exposure to the Dart Connect system, which was a resounding success with nothing but positive feedback from everyone. We would like to thank David Macher and his team at Dart Connect for their excellent support and look forward to working with them again. Further details of the Dart Connect system and the event statistics are given below.

All-in-all it was a truly marvellous event and we thank you all again for your support.

Bill Hatter, WDF President
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

A WDF major championship? Oh dear.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:56 pm A WDF major championship? Oh dear.
things are being put in place in case the BDO goes bust.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Bill Potter and Bob Hatter the rise and explosion of the WDF is nigh.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

they could replace the 'BDO Worlds' no problem at all. I bet they could find a sponsor and venue and make it viable without much problem. Des will go down as the man who killed off the BDO (leaving the BICC of course, they will be fine)
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

all countries having to sign the ioc letter acknowledging the wdf as the world governing body. that's got to send a message to the bdo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Not really.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

This thread subject may come to nothing but it does seem something is afoot. remember talk of folk trying to start something up because Des is in charge of the BDO?

both fanatic groups now discussing this subject. Talk of a coup.
Ross saying he hinted at this a while back.

here's paul's response:

"Was a very good and long meeting some 5 hours long , but it was a constructive meeting where delegates looking to the future, honest debate with officials stating the WDF have failed its members in the past .
Richard with his knowledge and contacts in darts is ideal to try and go forward , and i have a hunch he will succeed , great news for WDF/BDO darts"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

How is having what sounds like another rival tour and another rival WC "good news"?
Big Jock Knew